Worst Christmas Presents EVER
Old 12-23-2009, 09:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,025
Representing:
Default Worst Christmas Presents EVER

Have you ever gotten a horrible present?

Like one you look at and you say to yourself .. WTF is this? Why did you get me this I was better off getting cash or tube socks for shit sakes!!


If you have any please share
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,702
Representing:
Default

i was 13 years old and i got a wrench and wratchet set.
i was like "what the fuck do i do with this?"
at the time it was horrible, and i just gave it to my dad.... but i tell you what, that baby has come in handy 15 years later.
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

hmm....
my dad always gives me horrible stuff.

it's usually bad enough to have me forgetting about it a year later.

I remember one year he gave me a flashlight.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,025
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
i was 13 years old and i got a wrench and wratchet set.
i was like "what the fuck do i do with this?"
at the time it was horrible, and i just gave it to my dad.... but i tell you what, that baby has come in handy 15 years later.
I got a tic tac toe set. I have no clue why it was given to me but I just remember it being shit and useless. I think it ended up in the garbage a week later.

Just recently I was given a Montreal Canadiens signed jersey. Like I know it has some value but WTF. Whats next year a Dallas Cowboys (giants fan) jersey or maybe a Yankees jersey. WTF was the point of that gift I'd like to know. Needless to say it collects dust in my extra closet.
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,702
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS View Post
I got a tic tac toe set. I have no clue why it was given to me but I just remember it being shit and useless. I think it ended up in the garbage a week later.

Just recently I was given a Montreal Canadiens signed jersey. Like I know it has some value but WTF. Whats next year a Dallas Cowboys (giants fan) jersey or maybe a Yankees jersey. WTF was the point of that gift I'd like to know. Needless to say it collects dust in my extra closet.
who signed the jersey?
i'd take that, its better than nothing.
speaking of that, my buddy just recently won a Oilers gretzky signed jersey, and he said its worth like 2 grand.

btw, fancy... a flashlight???? hahahahahahahaha
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

yeah - i laugh everytime i think of that flashlight too.
Anyways, What the hell is a 13 year old gonna do with a wrench set? It's like "you're 13 now little man... time to start doing man stuff like fixing cars"

And DVS, the signed Montreal jersey is good because you have to assume the intetion was at least there. I would assume that at least as an outsider.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,025
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
who signed the jersey?
i'd take that, its better than nothing.
speaking of that, my buddy just recently won a Oilers gretzky signed jersey, and he said its worth like 2 grand.

btw, fancy... a flashlight???? hahahahahahahaha
I hear ya and its an old school Jean Beliveau Jersey. Actually its a sweater to keep with the times. I do know Beliveau was unloading all his merchandise just recently to pay for the rest of his retirement and help some family members battle through illness. So I'd say right now its problably undervalued. I've had it for a while now but I've always said to myself I'm gonna frame it up and put the framed jersey right underneath the toilet so anyone coming in ot take a piss are welcome to miss.


Also, How would you feel like getting a Man U jersey and where would you put it? Even if it was signed by say Best (well it would be worth a ton)
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

if it was Georgie Best, i'd be pretty impressed. anyone else and yeah i'd be all "WTF" as well.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
@ www.raptorman.ca

RF Affiliate

 
Raptorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,351
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Raptorman
Default

My Mother, God bless her, is clueless at buying gifts. I have a small pile in the basement that includes a coat hanger made of cats, a jewelry box and a TV table set.

PS. I dont wear any bling...thought she would have noticed.
Raptorman is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:45 AM   #10 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,025
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
yeah - i laugh everytime i think of that flashlight too.
Anyways, What the hell is a 13 year old gonna do with a wrench set? It's like "you're 13 now little man... time to start doing man stuff like fixing cars"

And DVS, the signed Montreal jersey is good because you have to assume the intetion was at least there. I would assume that at least as an outsider.

Don't get me wrong if it was say a friend from montreal or a distant friend I'd appreciate the gift alot more. However; coming from your own brother you think to yourself "dam this dude got this for for or something shoulda got me a gift certificate that cheap bastard". I guess expectations hit you if its family and you would think the tought would be given the same as I given it back. Whatever I just thought it was a lousy gift. I godda get that puppy framed underneath the toilet make myself feel better LOL
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:30 AM   #11 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,960
Representing:
Default

when i was 10 or 11 my aunt gave a copy of 'the life and times of mahatma ghandi'. it's like 800 pages long. not exactly what i was interested in at the time.
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:45 AM   #12 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,025
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
when i was 10 or 11 my aunt gave a copy of 'the life and times of mahatma ghandi'. it's like 800 pages long. not exactly what i was interested in at the time.
Nice lampshade trane. Make sure you keep it on at night ok
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What do you want for Christmas? INSIDER Entertainment Lounge 52 12-20-2009 03:12 PM
Family Guy Presents: Seth & Alex's Almost Live Comedy Show 'trane Entertainment Lounge 4 11-09-2009 06:36 PM
Steve Nash Presents SuperBADge Acie NBA Talk 3 04-24-2009 07:38 PM
Dino Nation Blog Presents The Round Ball Review Dino Blogger Toronto Raptors 5 01-12-2009 04:33 PM
Nash & Baron Presents "Step Brothers" Dr. J. Naismith NBA Talk 9 08-03-2008 11:34 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24