Why Dogs Rule
Old 08-04-2010, 03:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,018
Representing:
Default Why Dogs Rule

Quote:
Dog bites off drunk man's toeWed Aug 4 2010 17:23:07
A dog has potentially saved his owner's life in the US by chewing off his infected big toe.

Jerry Douthett, 48, from Michigan, knew their was something wrong with his toe but had refused to get treatment.

His pet Jack Russell Kiko bit off the infected part of his toe after he came home from a night's drinking and passed out.

Mr Douthett's subsequent visit to hospital meant doctors were able to uncover a previously undiagnosed diabetic condition.

Kiko is still living with the family but is under observation by the authorities to make sure the attack was a one-off.


Dog bites off drunk man's toe

Video on webpage



Awesome!!!
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-04-2010, 03:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb
 
Barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,728
Representing:
Default

Yay!

Jack Russells are the best.

That's why I know my Daisy (the best Jack ever) will be my protector. She's feisty.

...unless of course, someone breaks in and she decides to cuddle 'em to death.
Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-04-2010, 03:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Banned
 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,951
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
Yay!

Jack Russells are the best.

That's why I know my Daisy (the best Jack ever)
sorry...mine is the best ever ...his name is Harley...posted some pics of him in the Pets Rule thread

and ya DVS...dogs rule
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-04-2010, 03:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb
 
Barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,728
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mxyptlk View Post
sorry...mine is the best ever ...his name is Harley...posted some pics of him in the Pets Rule thread

and ya DVS...dogs rule
Uh-oh.... do we need a dog-off? Cuz mine's the shit.



Or hell, our dogs can be friends. Harley & Daisy.
Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-04-2010, 03:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
stank

member
 
Someguy again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,401
Representing:
Default

theres a cat with 2 bionic legs.
Someguy again is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-04-2010, 03:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Banned
 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,951
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
Uh-oh.... do we need a dog-off? Cuz mine's the shit.



Or hell, our dogs can be friends. Harley & Daisy.
check out the pics and then we'll see who's is the shit

i'm sure Harley would get along just fine with Daisy...he's a social butterfly at heart
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-04-2010, 03:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb
 
Barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,728
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mxyptlk View Post
check out the pics and then we'll see who's is the shit

i'm sure Harley would get along just fine with Daisy...he's a social butterfly at heart
I will check em out. She's in there too, near the beginning
Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-04-2010, 04:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Banned
 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,951
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
I will check em out. She's in there too, near the beginning
wow...blue eyes..unusual for a JR...how old is she ?
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-04-2010, 04:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb
 
Barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,728
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mxyptlk View Post
wow...blue eyes..unusual for a JR...how old is she ?
Well, we got her from crackheads. Apparently their counting skills aren't great. So she was "around" 3 at the time... she must be "around" 5 soon?
Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-04-2010, 04:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Banned
 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,951
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
Well, we got her from crackheads. Apparently their counting skills aren't great. So she was "around" 3 at the time... she must be "around" 5 soon?
she's still a baby then ...Harley is 14 now
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-04-2010, 04:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
enjoying having the keys to destiny

perusing ancient database
 
ClingRap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The far side of the Universe.
Posts: 1,846
Representing:
Default

Yes. Dogs can smell lymphoma, and other types of cancer. There's a number of healers out there who've utilized the sensory power of dogs and wolves to sniff out disease instead of cocaine. It's actually quite amazing what companion species can accomplish when the relationship is approached co-creatively.
This might gross some of you out, but I had a foot infection developing on the bottom of my left foot two summers ago. I had an appointment to see a specialist about it. During the week of the appointment my dog came up to me when I was sitting on the couch and started licking the bottom of my foot. I pulled it away, but she persisted. She dug her claws into my skin to hold in place, so i just figured I'd let her do her thing. She worked on my foot for about twenty minutes, and then i suppose satisfied with her work, stopped.
I woke up the next morning and the skin around the infected was itchy. I started to scratch it and the infected layers just peeled right off. Kind of disgusting, but I told my vet about it and she said that it isn't uncommon for dogs to do this for others in their pack. The bacteria in her mouth broke down and destroyed the bacteria in my infection, according to our vet. I canceled the appointment and the infection never returned.
ClingRap is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-04-2010, 04:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb
 
Barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,728
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mxyptlk View Post
she's still a baby then ...Harley is 14 now

No kidding?

Jacks look young always, eh?

I love 'em.
Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-04-2010, 04:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
is in the cut

Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 9,462
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClingRap View Post
Yes. Dogs can smell lymphoma, and other types of cancer. There's a number of healers out there who've utilized the sensory power of dogs and wolves to sniff out disease instead of cocaine. It's actually quite amazing what companion species can accomplish when the relationship is approached co-creatively.
This might gross some of you out, but I had a foot infection developing on the bottom of my left foot two summers ago. I had an appointment to see a specialist about it. During the week of the appointment my dog came up to me when I was sitting on the couch and started licking the bottom of my foot. I pulled it away, but she persisted. She dug her claws into my skin to hold in place, so i just figured I'd let her do her thing. She worked on my foot for about twenty minutes, and then i suppose satisfied with her work, stopped.
I woke up the next morning and the skin around the infected was itchy. I started to scratch it and the infected layers just peeled right off. Kind of disgusting, but I told my vet about it and she said that it isn't uncommon for dogs to do this for others in their pack. The bacteria in her mouth broke down and destroyed the bacteria in my infection, according to our vet. I canceled the appointment and the infection never returned.
wow that's fucking awesome
Stonezz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-04-2010, 05:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.
 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 10,804
Representing:
Default

my dog likes to pee on my ps3
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-04-2010, 06:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
Rob Ford's dopeman.

Senior Member
 
Febreezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Anywhere there's Internet
Posts: 2,804
Representing:
Default

I want to get a boxer, anyone know much about this breed?
I like how they look and they're good with children.

Febreezy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-04-2010, 07:13 PM   #16 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,018
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
my dog likes to pee on my ps3
Maybe you spend too much time on the ladies and the video games and too little time with your dog mack daddy


Quote:
Originally Posted by Febreezy View Post
I want to get a boxer, anyone know much about this breed?
I like how they look and they're good with children.

YouTube - Baby and Boxer Seen on "The Bonnie Hunt Show"
Boxers are awesome. They are very engergetic dogs and very loyal. They are so loyal to their "pack" but take a little time to warm up to strangers. Boxer are also silly dogs and will act like a "class clown" to get attention. Stubborn bitches too as they take time to train and you have to keep them interested when trying to train them. They also can easily get overweight so you have to watch their diet and exercise them often. They are pretty decent watch dogs too but better off being a family dog.
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-04-2010, 07:14 PM   #17 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,018
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClingRap View Post
Yes. Dogs can smell lymphoma, and other types of cancer. There's a number of healers out there who've utilized the sensory power of dogs and wolves to sniff out disease instead of cocaine. It's actually quite amazing what companion species can accomplish when the relationship is approached co-creatively.
This might gross some of you out, but I had a foot infection developing on the bottom of my left foot two summers ago. I had an appointment to see a specialist about it. During the week of the appointment my dog came up to me when I was sitting on the couch and started licking the bottom of my foot. I pulled it away, but she persisted. She dug her claws into my skin to hold in place, so i just figured I'd let her do her thing. She worked on my foot for about twenty minutes, and then i suppose satisfied with her work, stopped.
I woke up the next morning and the skin around the infected was itchy. I started to scratch it and the infected layers just peeled right off. Kind of disgusting, but I told my vet about it and she said that it isn't uncommon for dogs to do this for others in their pack. The bacteria in her mouth broke down and destroyed the bacteria in my infection, according to our vet. I canceled the appointment and the infection never returned.

Thats incredible. Dogs have a great sixth sense as well.
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24