Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Entertainment Lounge (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f9/)
-   -   Why does time pass so fast? (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f9/why-does-time-pass-so-fast-19608.html)

th3answ3r 03-08-2011 12:06 PM

Why does time pass so fast?
 
I'm 16 on Thursday. I swear it was yesterday I had recess and no stress. Im 16, I got hella lotta responsibilities to take care of and the pressures pretty high. Why do my parents insist on celebrating? I don't feel like spending useless $ going out. I'm not excited to be that old, times running out

Taz 03-08-2011 12:08 PM

My daughter is going to be 2 months old in 10 days. I am shocked by this.

Happy early birthday!

jeffb 03-08-2011 12:10 PM

Good fuckin' lord. You're just starting to get a taste of the real world. Running out of time? What a drama queen. :cwm34:

Shadowfax 03-08-2011 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by th3answ3r (Post 517766)
I'm 16 on Thursday. I swear it was yesterday I had recess and no stress. Im 16, I got hella lotta responsibilities to take care of and the pressures pretty high. Why do my parents insist on celebrating? I don't feel like spending useless $ going out. I'm not excited to be that old, times running out

seriously ???

thought 03-08-2011 12:18 PM

Dude you're fucking 16. Take time to revel in your no-reason boners, get with as many girls as you can, get drunk when you're not supposed to, stay up till 1am for no reason except that you're high as fuck and can't sleep, and CELEBRATE with MONEY when you don't actually have any REAL obligations. In 10 years when you're on the full-time grind and have 4 hours of free-time every night you don't want to be stuck wishing you didn't take life so seriously at 16. Live your damn life now and stop feeling sorry for yourself because there will come a time when you don't have the time or money to do all the things you want to.

archie63 03-08-2011 12:18 PM

Meh I hardly remember when I was 16. Sometimes The answer seems a little frustrated by life, come on boy have a smile bytheway happy birthday

Stonezz 03-08-2011 12:23 PM

come on man if you can't handle being 16 years old then I dont know what to say.

Listen to what thought just wrote there, jeez

'trane 03-08-2011 12:46 PM

i promise you that it will keep going by faster and faster.

and thought - revel in your 26 years while you still have the chance to stay up till 1am for no reason except that you're high as fuck and can't sleep, and CELEBRATE with MONEY when you don't actually have any REAL obligations. In 10 years when you're on the full-time grind and have 0.5 hours of free-time every night you don't want to be stuck wishing you didn't take life so seriously at 26.

:)

INSIDER 03-08-2011 01:17 PM

mid life crisis at 16.
good grief.

Superjudge 03-08-2011 01:25 PM

He's a serious thinker guys, give the kid a break.

Dude, I hear you. A good word of advice, don't think about the destination, just concentrate upon, and fully absorb the journey. it's only simple logic, you will ALWAYS arrive where you were going, there is no way around it.

Aar_Canada 03-08-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INSIDER (Post 517791)
mid life crisis at 16.
good grief.

It's possible. I had something like it at 17 involving a realization of my mortality and I'm having one again right now at 35.

Shadowfax 03-08-2011 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aar_Canada (Post 517798)
It's possible. I had something like it at 17 involving a realization of my mortality and I'm having one again right now at 35.

wait till you hit 51 :)...you suddenly realize your on the back 9 and can see that "great clubhouse in the sky" just over the next hill

enjoy EVERY day my friends, cause it might be your last

Aar_Canada 03-08-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Mxyzptlk (Post 517802)
wait till you hit 51 :)...you suddenly realize your on the back 9 and can see that "great clubhouse in the sky" just over the next hill

enjoy EVERY day my friends, cause it might be your last

It terrifies and depresses me and has gotten a lot worse since the arrival of the boy 3 years ago. Some people handle it well. I wish I was one of them.

There's that scene in a Seinfeld episode where George is having lunch with some old guy and the old guy tells him he's not worried about death and George says, "How can you not be worried?!?! It's like you're so...close to the end!!!"

That's me!

Gurk 03-08-2011 03:37 PM

I lol'd @ OP

surreyjack 03-08-2011 03:45 PM

You need to man the fuck up. You're still in high school, you don't have SHIT to worry about yet.

LX 03-08-2011 05:09 PM

I hated the passing of my childhood, and got really nostalgic, and depressed that it was gone. What I learned was to do everything possible to keep from being so nostalgic. The past is past. And the future presents all kinds of needless worries. Learn to love slowness. Find some time to be a total slacker. If you can manage to do so, be a slacker full-time. Time will continue to speed up, but it's not so bad if you don't allow yourself to think about it.

Aar_Canada 03-08-2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LX (Post 517840)
I hated the passing of my childhood, and got really nostalgic, and depressed that it was gone. What I learned was to do everything possible to keep from being so nostalgic. The past is past. And the future presents all kinds of needless worries. Learn to love slowness. Find some time to be a total slacker. If you can manage to do so, be a slacker full-time. Time will continue to speed up, but it's not so bad if you don't allow yourself to think about it.

I think that's the key - keeping it out of your mind. Easier said than done for some of us though. And I'm guessing it's more prevalent in those prone to depression and introversion. I sometimes feel like I'm still a little kid who's shocked that he's this age. Like, how did this happen where suddenly the end went from being eons away to something that you can actually see?

I was yammering on to a friend once about it and he actually stopped me and said, "Man, you're depressing!" and it's true. But, y'know, that's how I think.

Dark Knight 03-08-2011 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superjudge (Post 517796)
He's a serious thinker guys, give the kid a break.

Dude, I hear you. A good word of advice, don't think about the destination, just concentrate upon, and fully absorb the journey. it's only simple logic, you will ALWAYS arrive where you were going, there is no way around it.

+1

Lay off guys, he was just saying that he can't believe how quickly he went from being a small child to a teenager. You guys were teens once too, did you never stop to think about how quickly you've grown up?

BTW Happy early birthday bro! :yeah:

Peroti 03-08-2011 05:40 PM

Woooaaa, dude, 16?
Don't be sad you're just a kid!

...I'ts gonna get much worse! :)


But seriously, I started to feel old when I was 18... So I know what you're talking about.

js12 03-08-2011 07:44 PM

The Answer, don't worry I get you too.

To all the older members: you're right we're just teenagers. But in a few years, this teenager will get slapped with the realities of life. Let's be honest, unless you become really successful in life or something, your early years are the most relaxing.

Retirement is probably the next stage when you really get to relax again (again, no guarantees that you'll make it there). Is it really going to be the same as before, with an aging body?

"It's going to get much worse." We know, that's why we're worrying.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24