What to do in this situation.......
Old 09-19-2013, 11:17 AM   #1 (permalink)

m5racer's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,890
Default What to do in this situation.......

Wasn't sure where this should go so feel free to move if needed....

So, i have a little situation and i was pondering what my best course of action would be to try and resolve this issue im having with someone who lives a few streets over from me.

So basically, I live on a street corner on a "quiet" residential. My house is also located on a pretty steep hill, which reaches its highest point at the Most western tip of my house (at the eastern end of the house, there is a 4 way stop sign. Over the last 3-4 weeks, I have all of a sudden had this guy with his fart cannon civic literally redlining his first gear as he proceeds west up my street and hill every morning at exactly 8am. As I am finishing up my Masters I have the luxury of not having to wake up early 5 days a week, so naturally this can be quite annoying.

The real problem comes from the fact that this guys car is SO loud that it wakes me up almost everyday (at least 4 of 5 days) and I have trouble falling back asleep, once I wake up, so I usually end up staying up from that point on, even if I was up until 2-3am the night before (and with GTA5, I know im going to have some late nights). This has never really been an issue before 3-4 weeks ago when he started doing this. Its getting to the point that Im waking up angry thus not being able to fall back asleep because this guys car is so loud and annoying. A real problem im having with the situation is that I KNOW hes ripping it because, although loud, when he does drive by at other times of the day its never as belligerent as when he does it early in the morning.

So.....what do I do about this problem? Do i trying and flag him down next time Im outside and I see him driving by and ask him to take it easy in the am, Do I go to his house at night and leave a strong worded, yet somewhat polite note on his car telling him to take it easy in the AM, Do I report him to the police (if not for noise, then for speeding since its only a 40 zone and the guy must be doing 60+ by the time he lets off the gas). I don't want to do anything too drastic because I don't want to have problems with this guy in the future. but I NEED him to stop stretching first gear out at 8am when my bed room window is right beside and facing the road........SO what course of action should I take?
m5racer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 09-19-2013, 11:59 AM   #2 (permalink)

nosce te ipsum
fancylad's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 13,266

i don't think you can really do anything to be honest. I mean you could try to contact the guy / leave a note or whatever and hope he reacts accordingly, but in the end it's just one of those annoying things that you're pretty much gonna have to deal with or hope goes away.

I remember when i lived downtown some of the noise from motorcycles was crazy loud. It would drive me insane, but what was i going to do?

Don't go to the police. You have zero evidence that he did anything wrong (unless his exhaust is illegal or something which it probably isn't).

Just my $0.02
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 09-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104

Get some ear plugs. I live next to the Scarborough Town Centre and when I have the AC off, the windows open the LRT is lowd as fuck but I've gotten used to it atp. When I first bought my condo it woke me up at times.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 09-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
El Guapo

The Problem Solver
Sauce's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,511

If it happens same time every day, you could easily have the police do a little targetted speed enforcemnt there. Most enforcement spots are neighbourhood complaint areas that people call in to report.
Sauce is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 09-19-2013, 12:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
bjjs's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,660

I would call the police - it's dangerous driving and a public distrubance. Officers are hanging out in empty parking lots watching movies in there cruisers at that time, one of them should be able to come and hang out one morning and throw the guy a couple tickets.
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 09-19-2013, 01:21 PM   #6 (permalink)

giant steps
'trane's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 15,190

don't leave a note - that's kinda weak, unless you identify yourself, which could be risky because you won't know how he takes it. i would try to talk to him politely, and if that didn't work i'd go with earplugs or a safe driving discussion with the police if it was important enough to take it that far.
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24