Walking Dead Thread - SPOILER ALERT - Page 30
Old 03-04-2013, 02:05 AM   #581 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,928
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
Now THAT'S more like it...excellent stuff tonite
Great episode. Was very impressed with this one for sure.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:13 AM   #582 (permalink)
Embracing the departure of all the trolls

Senior Member
 
Bargn88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,795
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOG View Post
Walking dead in hd!!
What exactly is the HD channel for AMC on the rogers box???

I have almost every channel in HD but not AMC..
Bargn88 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:44 AM   #583 (permalink)
censored

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,772
Representing:
Default

last nights episode was probably my favourite in a long time. without getting into spoilers, i think they handled that open ended story perfectly. lots of good emotion there.
dfunkie1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:02 AM   #584 (permalink)
a nacho hound

Senior Member
 
Toby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South of Portland, home of the Blazers
Posts: 5,087
Representing:
Default

I dunno, this show is starting to lose me. I think the Falling Skies writers have taken over Walking Dead. There's some real campy stuff going on. Eveybody seemed to have loved this week's episode. I'll have to watch it again because I'm just not diggin' it. How could Rick get stabbed right through the shoulder with a big knife, and still be able to use that arm like it was just a scratch? Still waiting for the show to get better, tonight's episode was no reprieve from last week, it just had a tad more more zombie mayhem is all.
Toby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #585 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
I dunno, this show is starting to lose me. I think the Falling Skies writers have taken over Walking Dead. There's some real campy stuff going on. Eveybody seemed to have loved this week's episode. I'll have to watch it again because I'm just not diggin' it. How could Rick get stabbed right through the shoulder with a big knife, and still be able to use that arm like it was just a scratch? Still waiting for the show to get better, tonight's episode was no reprieve from last week, it just had a tad more more zombie mayhem is all.
I realized years ago that stuff on TV doesn't have to make sense
Like how they have enough fuel to drive the car continuously

Last edited by Windex; 03-04-2013 at 09:49 AM.
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:14 AM   #586 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Moderator

 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 5th Dimension
Posts: 10,037
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
How could Rick get stabbed right through the shoulder with a big knife, and still be able to use that arm like it was just a scratch?
you question this...and yet you have no problem with dead zombies walking around eating people's brains ?
Shadowfax is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:51 AM   #587 (permalink)
#NorthernUprising

Next year...
 
js12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: T.O.
Posts: 5,512
Representing:
Default

They are obviously setting up for a dramatic conclusion. Last night's episode was pretty good, but seemed amazing compared to the last few weeks. I am sure the show will pick up again in the next few weeks.
js12 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:50 PM   #588 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,923
Representing:
Default

Just watched it. Really breathed some new life into the show.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #589 (permalink)
is in the cut

Senior Member
 
Stonezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,913
Representing:
Default

Finally that black guy returned
Stonezz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:15 PM   #590 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,928
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonezz View Post
Finally that black guy returned
Gotta say, my girlfriend was losing interest in this show. When they showed Morgan she jumped up and got excited. She said something like is what this show needed. She enjoyed that episode and said it was best one of the season. Great episode.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #591 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,923
Representing:
Default

It reminded me a bit of the last part of Apocalypse Now.

Too bad Dennis Hopper is no longer available for a cameo.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:18 PM   #592 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,856
Representing:
Default

That was the first time I've said 'damn, it's over already' after watching the episode. Like others have mentioned, it was getting stale up to that episode, but that episode breathed some life into the show again. I expect Morgan to return during the inevitable war between the Prison group and the Governors people, somehow helping save the day.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #593 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,377
Representing:
Default

Definitely one of the better eps in a while but there are 2 things that this show does that continually piss me off....

1) WTF is it with them making zombies just appear out of nowhere all the time? Drive into an open area with clear sight lines all around... and 5 secs later zombies are all over the car. OK. Zombies don't SNEAK... they shuffle and limp and moan and growl. In an open area there should be no way that they catch you by surprise.

2) Everyone's a marksman when they're killing walkers and people who don't matter... otherwise no one can hit shit. a) The Gov's group goes out and executes the National Guard without them getting a shot off in return.... yet can't hit anyone in Rick's group with automatic weapons. b) Morgan has spent about a year as a survivalist psycho with body armour and a rifle and can't shoot Rick from a rooftop before he moves when he has him dead to rights. And why would he have left the building to engage them?? All of his supplies are in there.... he really doesn't need more guns... just let them leave.

Anyhow.... some good storytelling otherwise and I appreciated not having to watch Andrea and her stupidity for a change.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:47 PM   #594 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Moderator

 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 5th Dimension
Posts: 10,037
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post

Anyhow.... some good storytelling otherwise and I appreciated not having to watch Andrea and her stupidity for a change.
Best part of the episode
Shadowfax is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:54 PM   #595 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,923
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Definitely one of the better eps in a while but there are 2 things that this show does that continually piss me off....

1) WTF is it with them making zombies just appear out of nowhere all the time? Drive into an open area with clear sight lines all around... and 5 secs later zombies are all over the car. OK. Zombies don't SNEAK... they shuffle and limp and moan and growl. In an open area there should be no way that they catch you by surprise.

2) Everyone's a marksman when they're killing walkers and people who don't matter... otherwise no one can hit shit. a) The Gov's group goes out and executes the National Guard without them getting a shot off in return.... yet can't hit anyone in Rick's group with automatic weapons. b) Morgan has spent about a year as a survivalist psycho with body armour and a rifle and can't shoot Rick from a rooftop before he moves when he has him dead to rights. And why would he have left the building to engage them?? All of his supplies are in there.... he really doesn't need more guns... just let them leave.

Anyhow.... some good storytelling otherwise and I appreciated not having to watch Andrea and her stupidity for a change.
I remember not being able to enjoy the A-team because of all the bullets flying that never hit anyone. I don't really think about it anymore. Bullets in shows come straight from deus ex machina guns.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:49 PM   #596 (permalink)
...

herp derp
 
strung_out's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Guelph, ON
Posts: 1,547
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to strung_out
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Don't Lie View Post
I expect Morgan to return during the inevitable war between the Prison group and the Governors people, somehow helping save the day.
I expect the same. What I'm thinking is the Governor will probably try to kill Rick's baby (since the Governor lost his zombie daughter, eye for an eye kinda thing) and Morgan will save little ass kicker. He'll then feel like he redeemed himself from not being able to rescue his own child. Might be wrong about all that but I'm sure that we'll see Morgan again.

Future spoiler, highlight below:
If you check IMDB for Lennie James, apparently Morgan is supposed to be back for an episode called "Welcome to the Tombs". I'm predicting that might be the last time we'll see him. EDIT: just checked wikipedia and that episode is the season finale.

Last edited by strung_out; 03-05-2013 at 03:54 PM.
strung_out is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:54 PM   #597 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,928
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Don't Lie View Post
That was the first time I've said 'damn, it's over already' after watching the episode. Like others have mentioned, it was getting stale up to that episode, but that episode breathed some life into the show again. I expect Morgan to return during the inevitable war between the Prison group and the Governors people, somehow helping save the day.
I don't. I think they've turned the page on Morgan


Plus they're so far from where he is, he never left his neighborhood.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:18 AM   #598 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:40 AM   #599 (permalink)
a nacho hound

Senior Member
 
Toby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South of Portland, home of the Blazers
Posts: 5,087
Representing:
Default

Somebody needs to get bit. It's been too long. When was the last time somebody got bit? The girlfriend of that weirdo guy in that pack of people that showed up at the prison? That's too long. I need more zombies, and less b.s.
Toby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #600 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Moderator

 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 5th Dimension
Posts: 10,037
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
Hot
Shadowfax is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24