Walking Dead Thread - SPOILER ALERT - Page 17
Old 10-29-2012, 05:25 AM   #321 (permalink)
Psi
Only likes Hockey with 'Fantasy' infront of it

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,863
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
Nice set up episode for the Governor...enjoyed it
That scientist was one creepy fucker...something in his tea ???
The Tea thing was driving me insane.
It seemed like he really wanted them to drink it.
Then he kept putting the Tea pot on top of his cup, like it meant something.
He did it multiple times too for the camera.

I do no understand what is going on with that lol.
Psi is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:52 AM   #322 (permalink)
a nacho hound

Senior Member
 
Toby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South of Portland, home of the Blazers
Posts: 5,090
Representing:
Default

When Merle is the #2 guy in the community, you'd think there might be something wrong with this picture. Run away ladies! Far far away!!
Toby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:16 AM   #323 (permalink)
representing the Big Land

basketball is life
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Newfoundland
Posts: 1,415
Representing:
Default

Andrea's still an idiot!
Chris is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:17 AM   #324 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,941
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Andrea's still an idiot!
She's awful, i'm back to absolutely hating her.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:18 AM   #325 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,941
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
When Merle is the #2 guy in the community, you'd think there might be something wrong with this picture. Run away ladies! Far far away!!
The scientist seems more like the #2 guy. But yeah, shits going to go down.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:20 AM   #326 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,941
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi View Post
Then he kept putting the Tea pot on top of his cup, like it meant something.
He did it multiple times too for the camera.

I do no understand what is going on with that lol.
It's a type of container that drains the tea from the bottom (loose leaf tea). You can buy those exact tea makers at David's tea or any tea shop. My girlfriend loves that store, loves tea and probably drinks 8 cups per day. lol
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:41 AM   #327 (permalink)
representing the Big Land

basketball is life
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Newfoundland
Posts: 1,415
Representing:
Default

Hope we find out next week who was watching Carol. I was thinking it was Merle, but it obviously isn't now that we know he's in the Governor's little town.

Andrea should know something is wrong with the Governor and his whole mini-society seeing how Merle is clearly a villain from what happened in season one, yet he is trusted to play a large role in the town? She's so stupid it pisses me off! Also, from what I can tell so far, Michone is going to be an awesome character.
Chris is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:56 AM   #328 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,941
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Hope we find out next week who was watching Carol. I was thinking it was Merle, but it obviously isn't now that we know he's in the Governor's little town.

Andrea should know something is wrong with the Governor and his whole mini-society seeing how Merle is clearly a villain from what happened in season one, yet he is trusted to play a large role in the town? She's so stupid it pisses me off! Also, from what I can tell so far, Michone is going to be an awesome character.
I think it was the Governor (his men?). If you saw the previews for next week you see Rick wondering why walkers are getting onto the prison compound. IMO he is opening the gates and letting the walkers in to get them out of there, therefor he can come in and give them safety in his town. Basically smoking them out of the prison making them believe they need him and the "safety" of Woodbury. This guy's whole thing is about making it look like people have no chance unless they stay with him. That was the whole point in being able to tell the people that even military men couldn't survive.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:15 AM   #329 (permalink)
representing the Big Land

basketball is life
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Newfoundland
Posts: 1,415
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
I think it was the Governor (his men?). If you saw the previews for next week you see Rick wondering why walkers are getting onto the prison compound. IMO he is opening the gates and letting the walkers in to get them out of there, therefor he can come in and give them safety in his town. Basically smoking them out of the prison making them believe they need him and the "safety" of Woodbury. This guy's whole thing is about making it look like people have no chance unless they stay with him. That was the whole point in being able to tell the people that even military men couldn't survive.
That sounds like an interesting theory, but why would Merle be trying to find out where the group is if the Governor already knows they're in the prison (unless the identity of the people in the prison aren't yet known to the Governor?)?
Chris is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:18 AM   #330 (permalink)
and that's the bottom line, cause JV said so!!!

This is how U(jiri) do it
 
Carlos Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Halifax
Posts: 3,918
Representing:
Default

Michones mean mugging was getting old.
Carlos Danger is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:22 AM   #331 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8,426
Representing:
Default

Anyone else finds it hard to believe that Governor and his man just killed off the soldiers like that? I mean they were shooting for a while and not even one of the these soldiers who are trained to react before they think, tried to hide or shoot back
LOG is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:22 AM   #332 (permalink)
representing the Big Land

basketball is life
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Newfoundland
Posts: 1,415
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
Michones mean mugging was getting old.
What did you expect her to do lol?
Chris is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:41 AM   #333 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,931
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
It's a type of container that drains the tea from the bottom (loose leaf tea). You can buy those exact tea makers at David's tea or any tea shop. My girlfriend loves that store, loves tea and probably drinks 8 cups per day. lol
There is a particular emphasis paid to the tea though. I suspect there is some kind of experimental vaccine or something to do with all the heads that gets put in the tea.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:11 AM   #334 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,941
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOG View Post
Anyone else finds it hard to believe that Governor and his man just killed off the soldiers like that? I mean they were shooting for a while and not even one of the these soldiers who are trained to react before they think, tried to hide or shoot back
Mehh, him and 6 or so of his men killed a dozen men (probably extremely tired) and killed most of them from behind. I am surprised though that at least one of his men weren't killed or at least shot.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:12 AM   #335 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,941
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
There is a particular emphasis paid to the tea though. I suspect there is some kind of experimental vaccine or something to do with all the heads that gets put in the tea.
Probably
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:13 AM   #336 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,941
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
Michones mean mugging was getting old.
She's mistrusting as she should be. A hell of alot better than Andrea's smirks and grins, almost like she was in awe of the Governor. Oh boy i hate her again....
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:21 AM   #337 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8,426
Representing:
Default

This was probably the first episode where we didn't see Rick
LOG is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:23 AM   #338 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,941
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOG View Post
This was probably the first episode where we didn't see Rick
It is. They mentioned that on the talking dead.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:32 PM   #339 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,029
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Again, I love the Andrea character right now. Another character who's experienced a tremendous amount of growth and you can see a lot of internal conflict with her. Again, early on in the season where she mentions to Michonne to leave her alone and essentially allow her to die. While in the compound, she again chooses life and her facial reactions to the news of how you turn when you die were/was quite interesting.

She has no reason to mistrust Merle or the Governor at the moment. She's worked with Merle before and I don't believe he ever threatened her beyond the confrontation on the roof top. He was for hostile to T-Dog for racial reasons. When the world around you has crumbled, it makes sense to latch onto anything or anyone familiar. He's familiar and if he's survived, it provides you with a sense of hope that you too may be able to survive.

As for the military guys, makes sense. A single man approaches, you're heavily armed he's not. Why would you have your arms up? Ambushes happen all the time (in real life against heavily armed military units). It's not that unforeseen or unrealistic.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:51 PM   #340 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,931
Representing:
Default

I enjoyed the foreshadowing of the ambush, when the Governor said you have a lot more to worry about if someone approaches with no weapon.

And Andrea isn't being shown as someone who is completely trusting and buying in. When the Governor said ”never" it looked like that set off some warning signals.

I'm really liking the complexity that is developing.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24