Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Entertainment Lounge (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f9/)
-   -   Survivor: Redemption Island (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f9/survivor-redemption-island-19365.html)

TORaptor4Ever 02-16-2011 01:17 PM

Survivor: Redemption Island
 
No thread about this one yet?? Allow me! :dancing:

Gotta admit... after the last season my interest in this show was REALLY waning... but this next one has all the potential in the world to be the best one ever!

Russell vs. Rob... the 2 biggest villians in Survivor history... each of them will lead a tribe and neither can be voted off until the merge. That in itself will make for some great TV.

In addition to the players you have a new twist as well... "Redemption Island". When a player is voted off he (or she) has the chance to return to the game down the road! Apparently one player will remain there (once voted off)... and then when the next player gets voted off he/she will face off against the other "loser" in a single challenge to determine who will stay and who will leave for good!

Should be damn good!

Benzo 02-16-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever (Post 509015)
No thread about this one yet?? Allow me! :dancing:

Gotta admit... after the last season my interest in this show was REALLY waning... but this next one has all the potential in the world to be the best one ever!

Russell vs. Rob... the 2 biggest villians in Survivor history... each of them will lead a tribe and neither can be voted off until the merge. That in itself will make for some great TV.

In addition to the players you have a new twist as well... "Redemption Island". When a player is voted off he (or she) has the chance to return to the game down the road! Apparently one player will remain there (once voted off)... and then when the next player gets voted off he/she will face off against the other "loser" in a single challenge to determine who will stay and who will leave for good!

Should be damn good!

Show me the chicks

fancylad 02-16-2011 01:24 PM

looking forward to this. I just really wish it would be on tomorrow instead of tonight.

Time to convince the old lady about PVRing this badboy.

btw. does anyone know if it's going to on every wednesday (instead of thursday) or is it just tonight?

thought 02-16-2011 02:29 PM

they still make this show?

XiaominWu 02-16-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thought (Post 509078)
they still make this show?

season 21, baby! can't wait.

strung_out 02-16-2011 05:34 PM

The whole "redemption island" thing sounds like an interesting addition to the game. If the players are smart they should vote Russell and Rob off immediately after the merge, they're way too dangerous hahaha.

fancylad 02-18-2011 08:22 AM

so i watched the show yesterday and hahahaha Phillip aka the ex-federal agent is reeeeeee-diculous. That whole tribal council thing was a disaster. I really feel bad for FRancesca because she flat out was unlucky in her alliance and affiliations. Kristina (woman who found the idol) made herself a threat by snooping around for that idol. She even said that she hoped that it wouldn't make look bad on her, well unfortunately Rob saw it and it ended up hurting her. I just don't get why Phillip acted like an ass at the council. To completely sabotage the two who he pretty much had the only chance to form an alliance with seemed stupid. I can't imagine any of the younger players will form a bond with him who all idolize BOston Rob like he is some Survivor God. Essentially federal agent man is fucked.

Also... who the hell struts around in fuscia briefs in front of complete strangers? Especially with his body? LOL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzo (Post 509017)
Show me the chicks

Too lazy to post pictures, but trust me there are a good share.

Taz 03-10-2011 04:12 PM

After much prodding by my lovely husband, I finally watched my first episode of Redemption Island this morning.

It was glorious.

I will continue to watch the rest of the season.

fancylad 03-31-2011 09:27 AM

anyone watching this still?

I gotta say for a few episodes i wasn't enjoying it and i was about to give up on the show. Wife insisted we still watch and it's gotten better for one reason: Philip.

I love the guy.

Every now and then a reality show gets a contestant who is so crazy, so over the top, so entertaining that he or she more than makes up for the other boring people on the show. Philip is that guy.

I'm thinking of getting a lion and a gorilla tattoo because of him.

fancylad 03-31-2011 09:28 AM

http://fightpastor.com/fightpastor.c.../02/PHilip.jpg

XiaominWu 03-31-2011 09:33 AM

lol.... i think he might have been abducted by aliens. and they didn't put his brain back together quite right. http://www.ebsports.net/bbs/images/yahoo/heehee.gif

TORaptor4Ever 03-31-2011 07:01 PM

I'm still watching.... although I have to admit that it's less enjoyable without Russell causing havoc. I'm laughing at his old tribe losing pretty much EVERY challenge since they threw that one to get him out. Serves them right.

I hope that people are smart enough to realize that Grant should go ASAP... because he's likely going to kick everyone's ass in EVERY individual immunity challenge. He's friggin' good... and still flying under the radar.

That chick Ashley (the blonde?) makes me want to skin kittens. Holy princess.

fancylad 04-07-2011 09:30 AM

Got to say yesterday's episode was a good one. Things should get pretty interesting now that there is a merge. 2 pretty huge mistakes made yesterday: 1. with Matt not flipping and 2. with Boston Rob voting off Matt when Matt was actually going to be a number for him.

Kind of funny that he's right back to redemption island. Oh well. At least he has his bible.

b55bgc 04-28-2011 07:11 PM

This season is good for one reason. The delusional antics of Philip. He is priceless. He is like a black version of Gary Bussey.

One thing i do not like about this season is the religious freaks getting so much preachy time on air. They sound just as crazy as Philip does.

TORaptor4Ever 05-03-2011 04:15 PM

Every time that he plays the game I'm amazed that no one can see through Rob. He's truly controlling the game and playing everyone like a fiddle.

He'll end up taking Phillip and one of the chicks to the end.... and probably end up winning.

The only guy he's going to have to watch out for is Grant. If Rob was smart he'd blindside him ASAP... he's going to be a bitch to beat in immunity challenges.

b55bgc 05-03-2011 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever (Post 535360)
Every time that he plays the game I'm amazed that no one can see through Rob. He's truly controlling the game and playing everyone like a fiddle.

He'll end up taking Phillip and one of the chicks to the end.... and probably end up winning.

The only guy he's going to have to watch out for is Grant. If Rob was smart he'd blindside him ASAP... he's going to be a bitch to beat in immunity challenges.

Agreed, but it shows how stupid the rest of them are. The three girls could have changed the game. And took the two remaining other tribe with them. Then the three of them would have had th eupper hand. BUt they got no sense what so ever.

TORaptor4Ever 05-03-2011 11:30 PM

That one nurse chick (tall blonde) still makes me rage. She seems like such a superficial bitch and she's done NOTHING for the entire show except lounge around. If she wins I will snap.

b55bgc 05-04-2011 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever (Post 535493)
That one nurse chick (tall blonde) still makes me rage. She seems like such a superficial bitch and she's done NOTHING for the entire show except lounge around. If she wins I will snap.

i can see grant making a move soon. He needs to get rid of rob. Because in one or two moves from now, he is gone. No way rob is taking grant to the finals. No way.

fancylad 05-04-2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever (Post 535360)
Every time that he plays the game I'm amazed that no one can see through Rob. He's truly controlling the game and playing everyone like a fiddle.

He'll end up taking Phillip and one of the chicks to the end.... and probably end up winning.

The only guy he's going to have to watch out for is Grant. If Rob was smart he'd blindside him ASAP... he's going to be a bitch to beat in immunity challenges.

Rob has been playing an awesome game so far. He has essentially been a much more effective version of Russell.

It looks like Grant and Rob are the guys to beat. It will be interestnig to see when their strong alliance will be broken and which one will go home. If Grant is smart he should be plotting something now. Although i must say Grant is in a position of weakness as Rob has all the girls on his side or so at seems.

Go Philip!

XiaominWu 05-04-2011 03:06 PM

I just hope it doesn't go to another one of the hangers-on, just because the jury doesn't like the personality of the person who actually played the game the best..... cough sandra, cough natalie


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24