so i got a mac - Page 3
Old 04-27-2011, 04:42 PM   #41 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,505
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
For me the difference is all in the software and the OS.

Windows is total balls. Mac OS on the other hand is great.
You can download the Mac OS on a PC. Just saying.
Gurk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:29 PM   #42 (permalink)
is not changing this sig until we win a playoff series

everyones a critic
 
th3answ3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,342
Representing:
Default

its all preference. the pc is cheaper, it'll do the job for me.
th3answ3r is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:34 AM   #43 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurk View Post
You can download the Mac OS on a PC. Just saying.
that's easier said that done. I have a friend who is really knowlesdgable with macs and computers in general. Way more than me. He decided to 'build' his own mac and then run with the mac os. It's called a hackintosh. Anyways he did it, but told me it was pretty tricky and it took him a while to work out a few little glitches.

This whole thing about cost and having an opinion on what other people spend is lame anyways. Who even cares. some people would rather spend some extra money to get something they want. Big deal.

Why get a Mercedes when a GM is cheaper?

Last edited by fancylad; 04-28-2011 at 07:51 AM.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:39 AM   #44 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,674
Representing:
Default

I've got an iPad 2 coming next week (hopefully). The cover has arrived. I can only sniff the urethane while I wait.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:04 AM   #45 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 75,874
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
I've got an iPad 2 coming next week (hopefully). The cover has arrived. I can only sniff the urethane while I wait.
How much is the ipad2? Was thinking of getting one, it would be convenient for work.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:06 AM   #46 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,674
Representing:
Default

you can go as low as 519 for 16GB and Wi-Fi only, and go up to around 800
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:47 PM   #47 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,505
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
that's easier said that done. I have a friend who is really knowlesdgable with macs and computers in general. Way more than me. He decided to 'build' his own mac and then run with the mac os. It's called a hackintosh. Anyways he did it, but told me it was pretty tricky and it took him a while to work out a few little glitches.

This whole thing about cost and having an opinion on what other people spend is lame anyways. Who even cares. some people would rather spend some extra money to get something they want. Big deal.

Why get a Mercedes when a GM is cheaper?
I don't think it shoud be that hard. My friend had it on his computer. He had Windows and the Mac OS on his computer and at startup he got to choose what one he wanted to use. I think he got rid of the Mac OS and uses Ubuntu instead now
Gurk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24