Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Entertainment Lounge (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f9/)
-   -   Regis Philbin Retiring (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f9/regis-philbin-retiring-19077.html)

Nites 01-25-2011 05:14 AM

Regis Philbin Retiring
 
The real story behind Regis’ retirement | Snark Food

Quote:

Apparently what originally looked like a TV legend retiring has now been revealed as a tornado of anger and bitterness. Regis Philbin, who announced his retirement last week, did not quit because he didn’t want to do television anymore… he quit because the network was about to reduce his paycheck. Regis normally makes a ballpark figure of $18 million a year, but ratings have been falling and Regis takes so much time off that it was felt a pay cut was in order.

Regis responded angrily to the news, and this led to him completely blindsiding everyone with the news that he was quitting, including his co-host, Kelly Ripa. Initially it was reported that Kelly said she was surprised but supportive – turns out she’s actually furious, and feels that the shock announcement was disrespectful to her and to the entire crew.

fancylad 01-25-2011 08:11 AM

oh no! the most annoying old man half of the most annoying talk show duo is mad and quitting for whatever reason. I was upset when i heard he was retiring, but i am even more upset now knowing that he won't be making $18 million. (wipes tear).

thought 01-25-2011 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fancylad (Post 499153)
oh no! the most annoying old man half of the most annoying talk show duo is mad and quitting for whatever reason. I was upset when i heard he was retiring, but i am even more upset now knowing that he won't be making $18 million. (wipes tear).

regis philbin is an angel.

jeffb 01-25-2011 10:07 AM

An 80yr old man who's show is falling in the ratings, who takes alot of time off wants a raise from 18Mil. Fuck you Regis!

Ride off into the sunset and enjoy the 100Mil you have in the bank and enjoy whatever time you have left. How much damn money do you need?

Shadowfax 01-25-2011 10:15 AM

THE most annoying couple on tv...bar none

good riddance

'trane 01-25-2011 10:19 AM

it's surprising to me how much people can hate a guy that is so easily avoided. who cares?

jeffb 01-25-2011 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'trane (Post 499180)
it's surprising to me how much people can hate a guy that is so easily avoided. who cares?

+1

Still, stories like this annoy me. The money these douches make is insane and at his age does he need to make more then 18Mil/yr? Especially if he as they say, takes alot of time off.

fancylad 01-25-2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'trane (Post 499180)
it's surprising to me how much people can hate a guy that is so easily avoided. who cares?

hahaha. i like to make fun but i don't actually care.

Claudius 01-25-2011 12:01 PM

Wait, what's the source for this?

There's really no credible evidence on this story is there.

Chiggmo 01-25-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claudius (Post 499259)
Wait, what's the source for this?

There's really no credible evidence on this story is there.

Google it...

Also, I've met Regis before, hes an extremely nice person, and wish him the best. But the greed is a bit over the top.

Claudius 01-25-2011 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiggmo (Post 499288)
Google it...

Also, I've met Regis before, hes an extremely nice person, and wish him the best. But the greed is a bit over the top.

My point is, is this coming from himself or 'sources'

Barracuda 01-25-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiggmo (Post 499288)
Google it...

Also, I've met Regis before, hes an extremely nice person, and wish him the best. But the greed is a bit over the top.

Did his skin look like leather?

Aar_Canada 01-25-2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 499174)
An 80yr old man who's show is falling in the ratings, who takes alot of time off wants a raise from 18Mil. Fuck you Regis!

Ride off into the sunset and enjoy the 100Mil you have in the bank and enjoy whatever time you have left. How much damn money do you need?

What difference does it make how much money someone makes? It's just a piece of the pie. Apply that to athletes too. If you have some sort of ability to generate money for a corporation, you get your cut.

As Dana Carvey as Regis would say, "I'M OUTTA CONTROL!"

jeffb 01-25-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aar_Canada (Post 499319)
What difference does it make how much money someone makes? It's just a piece of the pie. Apply that to athletes too. If you have some sort of ability to generate money for a corporation, you get your cut.

As Dana Carvey as Regis would say, "I'M OUTTA CONTROL!"


True enough, but since the ratings are supposedly down then it should be a smaller cut, no?

LX 01-25-2011 02:17 PM

He's never been the same since Kathy Lee left.

jeffb 01-25-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LX (Post 499336)
He's never been the same since Kathy Lee left.

:haha:

m5racer 01-27-2011 11:40 AM

Kelly is prob afraid that no one will watch and shes gonna be out of a job now...

Aar_Canada 01-27-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LX (Post 499336)
He's never been the same since Kathy Lee left.


finstock 01-27-2011 11:52 AM

I was in the audience a few years back. He came out before the taping and greeted some of the audience. When he came toward me, I called him "Reeg". Big mistake. He waved security over and had me escorted outside and savagely raped.

Acie 01-27-2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aar_Canada (Post 500380)

Didn't Dana Carvey actually really fill in for Regis and call Pam Dawber a slut?

I want to say they happened...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24