Rate the latest movie you saw... - Page 230
Old 03-17-2014, 06:42 PM   #4581 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

No Country for Old Men.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:58 AM   #4582 (permalink)
is all bout dat life

Can't knock the Hustle
 
Nites's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,385
Representing:
Default

The Wolfe of Wall Street

8.9/10

Last edited by Nites; 07-16-2014 at 02:44 PM.
Nites is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:36 PM   #4583 (permalink)
a nacho hound

Senior Member
 
Toby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South of Portland, home of the Blazers
Posts: 5,215
Representing:
Default

Enemy at the Gates... A+

rent it if you've never seen it
Toby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:22 AM   #4584 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Moderator

 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 5th Dimension
Posts: 10,194
Representing:
Default

American Hustle
incredible performances from a great cast...but was overall disappointed with the story...just didn't reach out and grab me like i thought it would...7/10
Shadowfax is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:43 AM   #4585 (permalink)
and that's the bottom line, cause JV said so!!!

This is how U(jiri) do it
 
Carlos Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Halifax
Posts: 3,923
Representing:
Default

Watched that last night Shadow, wasn't impressed with it overall. Hyped it up a lot going in I think.

6 or a 7 for me.
Carlos Danger is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:49 AM   #4586 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,030
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

World War Z - Basically, a much worse version of 28 Days Later. Like, much, much worse.
Claudius is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:31 AM   #4587 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
J-Bo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,396
Representing:
Default

Philomena...AMAZING!

Judy Dench was great in it, I could feel her excitement, happiness, anger, and sadness as she did in the film. 9/10
J-Bo is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:18 PM   #4588 (permalink)
jonas smellandchewthis

Senior Member
 
thought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,716
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
American Hustle
incredible performances from a great cast...but was overall disappointed with the story...just didn't reach out and grab me like i thought it would...7/10
My feelings exactly. Everyone did such a great job but the payoff was so meh
thought is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:34 PM   #4589 (permalink)
@ www.raptorman.ca

RF Affiliate

 
Raptorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,180
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Raptorman
Default

Divergent - Had a couple hours to blow and went to see this with wife. Everyone says its just another Hunger Games blah blah blah...and they are correct! Confusing undeveloped group of characters. You are suppose to care if they die. I didn't. However it wasn't the worst time spent in a movie theater.

6/10.
Raptorman is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:36 PM   #4590 (permalink)
a nacho hound

Senior Member
 
Toby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South of Portland, home of the Blazers
Posts: 5,215
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
World War Z - Basically, a much worse version of 28 Days Later. Like, much, much worse.
that movie did indeed suck monkey butt
Toby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:22 PM   #4591 (permalink)
Masai Ujiri

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,782
Representing:
Default

Free to Play Documentary by Valve.
Liked it, wasn't overwhelmingly good though.
Kirby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:10 PM   #4592 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
J-Bo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,396
Representing:
Default

Nebraska, also thought this movie was great. 8/10
J-Bo is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:56 PM   #4593 (permalink)
jonas smellandchewthis

Senior Member
 
thought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,716
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Free to Play Documentary by Valve.
Liked it, wasn't overwhelmingly good though.
just watched it today. really interesting, nothing mindblowing, just as expected. been watching Dendi gameplay vids all day. The guy is just out of this world.
thought is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:00 AM   #4594 (permalink)
the poster formally known as Quinn

Team Captain
 
Obi-Wan Quinnobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 563
Representing:
Default

I'm very keen to see, transcendence, interstellar and unbroken this year!
Obi-Wan Quinnobi is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:06 PM   #4595 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
J-Bo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,396
Representing:
Default

47 Ronin....I guess it wasn't a complete waste of time? 5/10


Over dramatic, some bad acting, some cheesy ass scenes and some in plot decisions that make no sense...
J-Bo is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:33 PM   #4596 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 211
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Bo View Post
47 Ronin....I guess it wasn't a complete waste of time? 5/10


Over dramatic, some bad acting, some cheesy ass scenes and some in plot decisions that make no sense...
good heads up

a lot of shitty cool trailer movies were coming out for 300 and this, damn hopefully the summer doesn't continue the trend


has anyone seen divergent?
gustavochinzy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 03:10 PM   #4597 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,304
Representing:
Default

Watched Wolf of Wall Street. Very entertaining. Allowed me to recognize where the gif kool-aid posted in the game thread originated.

I remember hating the infomercials this Belfort guy made. It kinda pisses me off that we end up being entertained by as big of a douchenozzle as there is out there, and that one of the great storytellers, along with David O Russell with American Hustle, are reduced to making the greed and consumption that insiduously rots away at the core of human civilization, into a sexy spectacle. So much light produced by so much empty impulses of lizard brains. It's fucking depressing really.

I also watched Upstream Color. It felt like i was trapped in a bad dream the whole time. Unsettling, but somehow powerful. It gripped me, but i wanted it to just end. Gave me the heebie jeebies. So it's hard to recommend it, but it was very original, amazing in weird ways, and worth a try if you are in the right mood.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:24 AM   #4598 (permalink)
the poster formally known as Quinn

Team Captain
 
Obi-Wan Quinnobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 563
Representing:
Default

Question for all you movie lovers, which out of the following is your favourite black and white film.
The artist
Physco
Schindlers list
Casablanca
To kill a mockingbird
Top hat
Obi-Wan Quinnobi is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:36 PM   #4599 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8,829
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Quinnobi View Post
Question for all you movie lovers, which out of the following is your favourite black and white film.
The artist
Physco
Schindlers list
Casablanca
To kill a mockingbird
Top hat
Schindlers list
LOG is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:40 PM   #4600 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8,829
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Watched Wolf of Wall Street. Very entertaining. Allowed me to recognize where the gif kool-aid posted in the game thread originated.

I remember hating the infomercials this Belfort guy made. It kinda pisses me off that we end up being entertained by as big of a douchenozzle as there is out there, and that one of the great storytellers, along with David O Russell with American Hustle, are reduced to making the greed and consumption that insiduously rots away at the core of human civilization, into a sexy spectacle. So much light produced by so much empty impulses of lizard brains. It's fucking depressing really.

I also watched Upstream Color. It felt like i was trapped in a bad dream the whole time. Unsettling, but somehow powerful. It gripped me, but i wanted it to just end. Gave me the heebie jeebies. So it's hard to recommend it, but it was very original, amazing in weird ways, and worth a try if you are in the right mood.
I'm going to give a try to upstream color, seems interesting
LOG is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Turkoglu's usage rate at 5yr low jeffb Toronto Raptors 16 12-11-2009 03:26 PM
Steve Nash's latest short movie Belsius Entertainment Lounge 2 12-07-2009 08:01 PM
Rate BC's best moves jeffb Toronto Raptors 28 11-28-2009 03:56 PM
Rate the Worst BC Moves RAPMAN Toronto Raptors 65 11-27-2009 04:51 PM
At this rate... Joshz Toronto Raptors 18 01-22-2009 08:18 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24