Rate the latest movie you saw... - Page 223
Old 12-22-2013, 11:33 PM   #4441 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,577
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
Really, I think it tries to tackle hyper-masculinity and the absurdity of it quite well.

I agree it's not the strongest movie of all time, however to say it was the dumbest is well, dumb.
Congrats you have an opinion, I think the movie is dumb, yipee.
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:24 AM   #4442 (permalink)
...

Resident Mavs Fan
 
10gizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,219
Representing:
Default

Anchorman 2 = Absolute hot trash.

Downright pathetic.

Was very disappointed.
10gizzle is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 05:15 AM   #4443 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,577
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10gizzle View Post
Anchorman 2 = Absolute hot trash.

Downright pathetic.

Was very disappointed.
Whaaat no way. I loved it.
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:07 AM   #4444 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,030
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiggmo View Post
Congrats you have an opinion, I think the movie is dumb, yipee.
Why the anger? Perhaps you should re-watch the movie ... I think it might hit close to home.
Claudius is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 04:52 PM   #4445 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,577
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
Why the anger? Perhaps you should re-watch the movie ... I think it might hit close to home.
Anger? That was far from anger lol. You're the one calling dumb for having an opinion on a movie, and now trying to say I'm something like the guy in it. But I'm the angry one?


In any case I watched Runner Runner last night. Had no idea what it was when I turned it on, but it was a pretty decent movie. All about corruption in online gaming n such.

Also watched the latest Riddick movie. Didn't like em as much as the others but it wasn't terrible.
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:39 PM   #4446 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 11,185
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiggmo View Post
Anger? That was far from anger lol. You're the one calling dumb for having an opinion on a movie, and now trying to say I'm something like the guy in it. But I'm the angry one?


In any case I watched Runner Runner last night. Had no idea what it was when I turned it on, but it was a pretty decent movie. All about corruption in online gaming n such.

Also watched the latest Riddick movie. Didn't like em as much as the others but it wasn't terrible.
What channel was Runner Runner on? I'm surprised its on TV so soon(Rogers on Demand?) without you having to pay for it first. I downloaded it the other day and watched it, and didn't think it was good. It had a lot of potential but the story wasn't developed enough, they just made it into another typical corrupt bad guy movie.

I just watched Fruitvale Station, and it was an awesome movie. Michael B Jordan was great in it, and it was really well told. I went on youtube after to look up the videos of what happened and what came of it and wasn't surprised.

****SPOILER****



It's truly amazing the officer in question only got 11 months for what he did, and that the jury actually believed that he was trying to pull out his tazer instead of his gun. What a bunch of bull shit.
Ball Don't Lie is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:18 PM   #4447 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,577
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Don't Lie View Post
What channel was Runner Runner on? I'm surprised its on TV so soon(Rogers on Demand?) without you having to pay for it first. I downloaded it the other day and watched it, and didn't think it was good. It had a lot of potential but the story wasn't developed enough, they just made it into another typical corrupt bad guy movie.

I just watched Fruitvale Station, and it was an awesome movie. Michael B Jordan was great in it, and it was really well told. I went on youtube after to look up the videos of what happened and what came of it and wasn't surprised.

****SPOILER****



It's truly amazing the officer in question only got 11 months for what he did, and that the jury actually believed that he was trying to pull out his tazer instead of his gun. What a bunch of bull shit.

I downloaded it, wasn't on TV. I agree it could of been better, but I didn't think it was too bad. The end seemed rushed though which kind of took a bit away.
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 04:56 PM   #4448 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,577
Representing:
Default

Watched The Butler last night

Not really the kind of movie I'll usually watch, but it's easily a 10/10 movie without a doubt it was great they way they showed it through each administration made it a really different portrayal of the race war from years past.

All from the eyes of a butler.
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:37 PM   #4449 (permalink)
is not changing this sig until we win a playoff series

everyones a critic
 
th3answ3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,343
Representing:
Default

Batman Mask of the Phantasm 10/10

Movie shits on the nolan films, this is the real batman as I see it. maybe nostalgia, but whatever
th3answ3r is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 12:59 AM   #4450 (permalink)
in Houstatlantavegas

Scouting Specialist
 
Thug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,760
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiggmo View Post
Watched The Butler last night

Not really the kind of movie I'll usually watch, but it's easily a 10/10 movie without a doubt it was great they way they showed it through each administration made it a really different portrayal of the race war from years past.

All from the eyes of a butler.
I just watched that movie today.

10/10 I agree. Really puts things in perspective.

Last edited by Thug; 12-26-2013 at 10:09 PM.
Thug is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 04:11 PM   #4451 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,172
Representing:
Default

any suggestions for a good watch on Christmas? (doesn't need to be a xmas movie)
LOG is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:38 PM   #4452 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOG View Post
any suggestions for a good watch on Christmas? (doesn't need to be a xmas movie)
Lord of the Rings or the first or 2nd Die Hard movies are great to watch during Christmas. Non-Christmas Christmas/Christmas-time movies
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:38 PM   #4453 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Speaking of which, I just watched the Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - very well done. Although they added stuff that wasn't in the book which wasn't necessary.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:40 PM   #4454 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Also - American Hustle - well done and enjoyable as well. It may take home Best Picture.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:08 PM   #4455 (permalink)
in Houstatlantavegas

Scouting Specialist
 
Thug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,760
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOG View Post
Stoker
Great movie 9/10
If you like deep psychological horror/thriller movies, you have to watch this one
I just watched that movie today. Hella trippy.

8.5/10
Thug is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:54 PM   #4456 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,577
Representing:
Default

Never heard of stoker, have to give it a watch.

Watched a movie called "Exam" last night. Was an alright movie, if anyone has seen "The interview" it's the same concept as that. The end was pretty cool, but getting there wasn't the greatest.
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:10 PM   #4457 (permalink)
diggin it.

Member
 
ReRoaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 177
Representing:
Default

I had never heard of Stoker, so I looked it up on IMDB. Oddly enough it was written by Wentworth Miller - the star (Michael) of tv's Prison Break.
ReRoaR is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:12 PM   #4458 (permalink)
diggin it.

Member
 
ReRoaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 177
Representing:
Default

Also - I'm really looking forward to The Wolf Of Wall Street.
ReRoaR is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:16 PM   #4459 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,577
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReRoaR View Post
Also - I'm really looking forward to The Wolf Of Wall Street.
Friend of mine went to see it tonight, I'll wait to download it but it looks decent. I rarely go to theaters as they're a massive ripoff.
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 03:15 PM   #4460 (permalink)
in Houstatlantavegas

Scouting Specialist
 
Thug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,760
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReRoaR View Post
I had never heard of Stoker, so I looked it up on IMDB. Oddly enough it was written by Wentworth Miller - the star (Michael) of tv's Prison Break.
Ahh. The name looked familiar.

Dude has a twisted mind for real that movie was intense.
Thug is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Turkoglu's usage rate at 5yr low jeffb Toronto Raptors 16 12-11-2009 03:26 PM
Steve Nash's latest short movie Belsius Entertainment Lounge 2 12-07-2009 08:01 PM
Rate BC's best moves jeffb Toronto Raptors 28 11-28-2009 03:56 PM
Rate the Worst BC Moves RAPMAN Toronto Raptors 65 11-27-2009 04:51 PM
At this rate... Joshz Toronto Raptors 18 01-22-2009 08:18 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24