Rate the latest movie you saw... - Page 172
Old 07-19-2012, 02:11 AM   #3421 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 7,171
Representing:
Default

whatever works: 9.5/10

woody allen is a fucking genious. loved every minute.
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:35 AM   #3422 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

This Batman wasn't as good as the 2nd. Wanted Bane to shine a bit more, but Hardy still did a decent job. Catwoman part was played nicely and so was John Blake. won't mention his real first name
could've done without the last 5 seconds and end it when Alfred was looking into the screen, but thats just me being picky
overall it was a nice ending 8.5/10
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:27 PM   #3423 (permalink)
@ www.raptorman.ca

RF Affiliate

 
Raptorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,359
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Raptorman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
This Batman wasn't as good as the 2nd. Wanted Bane to shine a bit more, but Hardy still did a decent job. Catwoman part was played nicely and so was John Blake. won't mention his real first name
could've done without the last 5 seconds and end it when Alfred was looking into the screen, but thats just me being picky
overall it was a nice ending 8.5/10
This is refreshing. A partially negative review in the first weekend.

Spiderman was the best movie ever conceived until the second week. Then the truth came out.

PLEASE people. Stop going to remakes of remakes of comic book movies. I was invited to see Spiderman tonight and then go out after with a group. I refused the movie. I'll see them after.
Raptorman is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #3424 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Moderator

 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,955
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptorman View Post
This is refreshing. A partially negative review in the first weekend.

Spiderman was the best movie ever conceived until the second week. Then the truth came out.

PLEASE people. Stop going to remakes of remakes of comic book movies. I was invited to see Spiderman tonight and then go out after with a group. I refused the movie. I'll see them after.
me thinks someone has a batarang stuck up his ass
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:11 PM   #3425 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,303
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptorman View Post
This is refreshing. A partially negative review in the first weekend.

Spiderman was the best movie ever conceived until the second week. Then the truth came out.

PLEASE people. Stop going to remakes of remakes of comic book movies. I was invited to see Spiderman tonight and then go out after with a group. I refused the movie. I'll see them after.

Other than this Batman movie which i want to see i completely agree. Enough already. The Spiderman movies suck (haven't seen the most recent one which is seperate from the other 3 i think.....) and the Avengers movie wasn't that good either.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:16 PM   #3426 (permalink)
------------------------

Senior Member
 
XiaominWu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,462
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptorman View Post
This is refreshing. A partially negative review in the first weekend.

Spiderman was the best movie ever conceived until the second week. Then the truth came out.

PLEASE people. Stop going to remakes of remakes of comic book movies. I was invited to see Spiderman tonight and then go out after with a group. I refused the movie. I'll see them after.
spiderman is a really good movie. not sure what truth you are talking about. you aren't doing yourself any favours boycotting it based on a pet peeve.
XiaominWu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:26 PM   #3427 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 7,171
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Other than this Batman movie which i want to see i completely agree. Enough already. The Spiderman movies suck (haven't seen the most recent one which is seperate from the other 3 i think.....) and the Avengers movie wasn't that good either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaominWu View Post
spiderman is a really good movie. not sure what truth you are talking about. you aren't doing yourself any favours boycotting it based on a pet peeve.
both avengers and spiderman were good movies, but I myself enjoyed avengers more. that was just a ton of fun.

this batman remake is awesome, christopher nolan is an awesome director, haven't seen the third, but if it's anything like the first two at all, he did the batman franchise a favour. the batman movies with jim carrey were terrrrrible.
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:18 PM   #3428 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
batman begins: 10/10

incredible movie, incredible trilogy. I seriously cannot wait for dark knight rises.
did you just watch it (batman begins)?
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:22 PM   #3429 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
the batman movies with jim carrey were terrrrrible.
There was only one Batman movie with Jim Carrey - Batman Forever. It wasn't terrible. Batman and Batman Returns were pretty good. Batman and Robin was horrible.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:12 AM   #3430 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 7,171
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
did you just watch it (batman begins)?
yeah, surprisingly enough, I guess I was too young to go to a dark style movie back then, or just never heard of it then. I finally got around to it thanks to torrent, I loved Dark Knight, so I assumed it'd be great as well, Wasn't disappointed.
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:16 AM   #3431 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

it's not that dark. you watched the movies in reverse.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:22 AM   #3432 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

"In the Loop"

Jesus funny
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:17 AM   #3433 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 7,171
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
it's not that dark. you watched the movies in reverse.
yeah, I know it sucks I did, but still, both were incredible. plus, I haven't seen dark night in a couple years, so I'm going to rewatch that, then watch dark night rises sunday
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:46 AM   #3434 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:56 AM   #3435 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

Movie was ruined for good in Colorado. Hell, the Girl that did all that live blogging in the Eaton Center shooting...yep, that one, she was in the theatre and got shot in the head. WHAT THE FUCK

Jessica Ghawi: Victim of Colorado theatre shooting was also at Eaton Centre shooting - thestar.com
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #3436 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,303
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
Movie was ruined for good in Colorado. Hell, the Girl that did all that live blogging in the Eaton Center shooting...yep, that one, she was in the theatre and got shot in the head. WHAT THE FUCK

Jessica Ghawi: Victim of Colorado theatre shooting was also at Eaton Centre shooting - thestar.com
Jesus Christ! What are the odds of that happening?
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:27 PM   #3437 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,025
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
me thinks someone has a batarang stuck up his ass
lol I was thinking the same thing. I like comic book movies but take them for what they are worth. I prefer a movie that is better in the overall aspect but for the theatre experince nothing beats the FXs of a comic book movie



Oh and I watched American Reunion last night. Have to say thank god I downloaded it
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:07 PM   #3438 (permalink)
10
...

Resident Mavs Fan
 
10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,245
Representing:
Default

I'll forever have a soft spot for Batman Returns.

Always loved that movie as a kid and that scene when the penguins drag Danny DeVito into the water just crushes me every time...
10 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:08 PM   #3439 (permalink)
@ www.raptorman.ca

RF Affiliate

 
Raptorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,359
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Raptorman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS View Post
lol I was thinking the same thing. I like comic book movies but take them for what they are worth. I prefer a movie that is better in the overall aspect but for the theatre experince nothing beats the FXs of a comic book movie



Oh and I watched American Reunion last night. Have to say thank god I downloaded it
YES! Me Too. But it was funny in its own way.

With Batarang firmly in arse, I have to agree that with todays FX, these movies are coming to life for the diehards. Just like the Lord of the Rings movies.

What burns my Bat Cape, is all the HYPE surrounding every element of every comic book movie that is even proposed. Maybe I am just disappointed at people that I consider my friends, going all GAGA over a super hyped movie that can not deliver what it promises. I want to free them from this Cult.
Raptorman is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:21 PM   #3440 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Moderator

 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,955
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10gizzle View Post
I'll forever have a soft spot for Batman Returns.

Always loved that movie as a kid and that scene when the penguins drag Danny DeVito into the water just crushes me every time...
DeVito was born for that role...still my favourite Batman movie...didn't hurt having Pfeiffer in it as well...meow
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Turkoglu's usage rate at 5yr low jeffb Toronto Raptors 16 12-11-2009 02:26 PM
Steve Nash's latest short movie Belsius Entertainment Lounge 2 12-07-2009 07:01 PM
Rate BC's best moves jeffb Toronto Raptors 28 11-28-2009 02:56 PM
Rate the Worst BC Moves RAPMAN Toronto Raptors 65 11-27-2009 03:51 PM
At this rate... Joshz Toronto Raptors 18 01-22-2009 07:18 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24