pzabby angst thread - Page 2
Old 09-16-2012, 09:09 PM   #21 (permalink)
representing the Big Land

basketball is life
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Newfoundland
Posts: 1,415
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurk View Post
Just bitch a lot.
Chris is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 09-17-2012, 12:58 AM   #22 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,978
Representing:
Default

So I'm going to ask for relationship advice, and i'd really appreciate it if you guys could actually help. my brother's not a guy to ask about this, we have a unique relationship applicable to certain topics at hand, and i'm sure as hell not consulting my parents. i've consulted my best friends, but I also want a perspective on it from another age group, which is where this forum comes into play.

So this girl I know, we did the summer work exchange to quebec last year together, i.e both from toronto east, both went to the same region in quebec. we got to know each other well. at first I actually hated her, but as I got to know her better we got closer. now, something to note here, we see each other often, but not regularly, i.e it's almost like a friend in distance so it's always a catch up get together kinda ordeal. which is nice. she's one of the girls I feel most confortable in my own skin around, and there's been a sorta mutual attraction ever since prom I think it was. her more strongly than mine at the time I believe.

now as someone on here stated before, the key to a relationship is to find a gal that annoys you the least. well, this girl's just that. and i'm not looking for some short fling, which is wierd given my age I know but what ya gonna do. so, would you say I should pursue this, bring it up, see what happens? or, just keep the friendship as it is, something to fall back on, someone i'm comfortable around. thanks you lot.
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 09-17-2012, 01:10 AM   #23 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,023
Representing:
Default

do you wanna move along in life or just stand still and wonder what if.
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 09-17-2012, 01:13 AM   #24 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,978
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS View Post
do you wanna move along in life or just stand still and wonder what if.
so I take it that's saying take the plunge?
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 09-17-2012, 01:19 AM   #25 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,023
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
so I take it that's saying take the plunge?
chances are you won't be friends forever so might as well make an experience out of it
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 09-17-2012, 08:14 AM   #26 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
So I'm going to ask for relationship advice, and i'd really appreciate it if you guys could actually help. my brother's not a guy to ask about this, we have a unique relationship applicable to certain topics at hand, and i'm sure as hell not consulting my parents. i've consulted my best friends, but I also want a perspective on it from another age group, which is where this forum comes into play.

So this girl I know, we did the summer work exchange to quebec last year together, i.e both from toronto east, both went to the same region in quebec. we got to know each other well. at first I actually hated her, but as I got to know her better we got closer. now, something to note here, we see each other often, but not regularly, i.e it's almost like a friend in distance so it's always a catch up get together kinda ordeal. which is nice. she's one of the girls I feel most confortable in my own skin around, and there's been a sorta mutual attraction ever since prom I think it was. her more strongly than mine at the time I believe.

now as someone on here stated before, the key to a relationship is to find a gal that annoys you the least. well, this girl's just that. and i'm not looking for some short fling, which is wierd given my age I know but what ya gonna do. so, would you say I should pursue this, bring it up, see what happens? or, just keep the friendship as it is, something to fall back on, someone i'm comfortable around. thanks you lot.
my advice. ease up on the commas
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 09-17-2012, 09:56 AM   #27 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,741
Representing:
Default

I would say let things take their course without analyzing so much or feeling like there are weighty decisions. Stay comfortable as yourself and let her take the lead if she is so inclined, or take the lead yourself if you feel like it. I always tended to back away and go off seeking unattainable women, or allowed myself to settle into friendships when I knew I would have liked something more.

There is another side of the equation where annoyances are concerned. It's true that it's a rare and valuable thing to not be annoyed, but it's also the case that not making the other person annoyed while being true to yourself is worh an awful lot. But I think the best way to get to that nice balance is to let things happen and stay open to all kinds of relationships. Don't get hung up on whether there is long-term potential and all that. You're young, and the two of you are friends. If it stays that way maybe that's great. If it develops into something more serious that doesn't last so long there will be value in that.

Idealizing everything can be a terrible and frustrating hurdle to overcome. Stay open to all possibilities. You will make mistakes. No amount of advice will change that fact. And mistakes will help you in the long run.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 09-17-2012, 11:48 AM   #28 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
You will make mistakes. No amount of advice will change that fact. And mistakes will help you in the long run.
These lines reminded me of this:

LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 09-17-2012, 12:46 PM   #29 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,268
Representing:
Default

I don't quite understand whats the problem? Are you afraid to loose a friend sort of thing?
I say just play little cat and mouse game, sometimes letting her ''think'' that you like her, sometimes just be cool and little cocky (just a little!). Chicks always want what they cant have and if you make her put some effort the reward is going to be much better!
LOG is online now   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 09-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #30 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,978
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOG View Post
I don't quite understand whats the problem? Are you afraid to loose a friend sort of thing?
I say just play little cat and mouse game, sometimes letting her ''think'' that you like her, sometimes just be cool and little cocky (just a little!). Chicks always want what they cant have and if you make her put some effort the reward is going to be much better!
it's a bit past that. I was doing that for the past couple months
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 09-17-2012, 02:16 PM   #31 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

play the field, use her as a back up like Ford Fairlane did with his gal Jazz!

Thats how the cools guys operate!
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 09-17-2012, 02:30 PM   #32 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,978
Representing:
Default

coincidentally, I hate guys who do that shit
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 09-17-2012, 02:37 PM   #33 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,023
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
play the field, use her as a back up like Ford Fairlane did with his gal Jazz!

Thats how the cools guys operate!



I'm so terrific I have my own toll-free number: 1-800-UNBELIEVABLE.



OHHHHHHHHH
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 09-17-2012, 02:49 PM   #34 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,644
Representing:
Default

As Descartes always said,

Gurk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 09-17-2012, 03:58 PM   #35 (permalink)
is not changing this sig until we win a playoff series

everyones a critic
 
th3answ3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,347
Representing:
Default

Whip it out
th3answ3r is online now   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 09-17-2012, 05:09 PM   #36 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS View Post



I'm so terrific I have my own toll-free number: 1-800-UNBELIEVABLE.



OHHHHHHHHH
Unbelievable.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 09-17-2012, 06:13 PM   #37 (permalink)
Masai Ujiri

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,800
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurk View Post
As Descartes always said,

LOOOOOOOOL this image is gold!
Kirby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 09-17-2012, 06:16 PM   #38 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,741
Representing:
Default

I thought I might add some fuller context to the workings of this thread

LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 09-17-2012, 07:32 PM   #39 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,577
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
it's not as simple as that... you also have to make almost everyone completely unsure if it is real or just an epic troll, and sustain that for more than a year or two. that ain't easy.
So if I accomplish this, you'll give me my own thread! Woah...
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 09-17-2012, 08:10 PM   #40 (permalink)
censored

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,772
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
So I'm going to ask for relationship advice, and i'd really appreciate it if you guys could actually help. my brother's not a guy to ask about this, we have a unique relationship applicable to certain topics at hand, and i'm sure as hell not consulting my parents. i've consulted my best friends, but I also want a perspective on it from another age group, which is where this forum comes into play.

So this girl I know, we did the summer work exchange to quebec last year together, i.e both from toronto east, both went to the same region in quebec. we got to know each other well. at first I actually hated her, but as I got to know her better we got closer. now, something to note here, we see each other often, but not regularly, i.e it's almost like a friend in distance so it's always a catch up get together kinda ordeal. which is nice. she's one of the girls I feel most confortable in my own skin around, and there's been a sorta mutual attraction ever since prom I think it was. her more strongly than mine at the time I believe.

now as someone on here stated before, the key to a relationship is to find a gal that annoys you the least. well, this girl's just that. and i'm not looking for some short fling, which is wierd given my age I know but what ya gonna do. so, would you say I should pursue this, bring it up, see what happens? or, just keep the friendship as it is, something to fall back on, someone i'm comfortable around. thanks you lot.
have you ever had a girlfriend before, or do you always have excuses to pussy your way out of having a relationship?

here's my advice

if you find a girl who can tolerate you, you lock that shit down and give her your all. losing a long distance friend is of no consequence since it won't effect your day to day livelihood.

hopefully she won't leave you when she finds out that she has a bigger cock and balls than you, dude.
dfunkie1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24