Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Entertainment Lounge (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f9/)
-   -   Power Nap Downtown (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f9/power-nap-downtown-2664.html)

JayJayW 07-16-2008 11:46 AM

Power Nap Downtown
 
i am feeling like a zombie today

anyone know anyplace downtown where i can have a quick nap LOL

Snooch 07-16-2008 12:30 PM

^^The middle of the street is a good place

INSIDER 07-16-2008 12:41 PM

you work near Front and John st?
if you do, i have the greatest place for you.
its in the RBC building, you can just walk in and go to the cafeteria... theres a social room there filled with couches and they turn all the lights off... its uhuge. the employees go there to nap.
when i worked there, i spent a good hour everyday sleeping. it was terrific.

JayJayW 07-16-2008 12:42 PM

i am york and adelaide but john and front aint that far at all...but its to late now...but i ama use that on my lunch...:D:D

IggyPosterizes 07-16-2008 12:43 PM

take a bus that goes around or out of downtown and back again.

MangoKidHoops 07-16-2008 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INSIDER (Post 43869)
you work near Front and John st?
if you do, i have the greatest place for you.
its in the RBC building, you can just walk in and go to the cafeteria... theres a social room there filled with couches and they turn all the lights off... its uhuge. the employees go there to nap.
when i worked there, i spent a good hour everyday sleeping. it was terrific.

Places like that exist? Jesus. I gotta check that out.

fancylad 07-16-2008 01:25 PM

city bench with an empty tim horton cup

Aar_Canada 07-16-2008 01:27 PM

Zanzibar.

INSIDER 07-16-2008 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyRrAd_Nation (Post 43888)
Places like that exist? Jesus. I gotta check that out.

honestly Hoops, the place is a gold mine.
its a multi leveled auditorium, filled with long comfy couches.
Iassume they built it as a social room, but its become a nap room. everyone goes there after lunch or on their breaks and sleeps.
all the lights are off, and just a bit of light comes in through windows... its dead silent in there (with the occasional snoring), and its the nap room that everyone knows about yet never talks about.
while i was at RBC i used that room every day at 1:30-2:30 after lunch to sleep.
i was actually getting paid to sleep!
hahahahaha

JayJayW 07-16-2008 02:21 PM

lol that is my new break

sleeping
especailly when u have 6 to 6 work day

bjjs 04-28-2015 12:57 PM

I just googled "best places to nap toronto" and this was on the first page.

Benzo 04-28-2015 12:59 PM

Wow.

I thought I was the only one. I am at York and Wellington, I often go get a backrub, at the great american backrub (not a rub and tug gents) just to catch a 20 minute snooze. Thought it would be a great idea to open a napping station in the path, tons of people would pay 20 bucks for a 20 minute snooze.

LOG 04-28-2015 01:13 PM

I don't really take a nap all that often, but if I do I sleep in my car. If you are parked underground and have a large vehicle it can't get much better than that.

bjjs 04-28-2015 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzo (Post 969160)
Wow.

I thought I was the only one. I am at York and Wellington, I often go get a backrub, at the great american backrub (not a rub and tug gents) just to catch a 20 minute snooze. Thought it would be a great idea to open a napping station in the path, tons of people would pay 20 bucks for a 20 minute snooze.

I also though about a napping "club" in downtown London a few years ago - I don't think London would be a large enough market to try it, but Toronto for sure. That's why I googled to Toronto, even though I live in London to see if anybody has done this yet.

I would pay the right price for the occasional nap.

Cleanliness and quietness - those are the keys.

bjjs 04-28-2015 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOG (Post 969162)
I don't really take a nap all that often, but if I do I sleep in my car. If you are parked underground and have a large vehicle it can't get much better than that.

I've tried that twice but was way too paranoid about a boss or co-worker for whatever reason looking into my car and seeing me.

LOG 04-28-2015 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjjs (Post 969165)
I've tried that twice but was way too paranoid about a boss or co-worker for whatever reason looking into my car and seeing me.

As I said it really depends on the car. Do you have tinted windows? can you put the back seats down so it's all flat?
In the Jeep I would just nap on the back seat because I was too lazy to adjust it every time. But now that I drive van, I mostly keep the back seats folded in the floor (or whatever you call it), so it's flat. I even have a sleeping bag in there since I go camping/fishing fairly often :lol:
So I don't think anyone can see me, but even if they could, they can go fuck themselves, because there is nothing wrong with having a nap while on break.

Aamir 04-28-2015 02:58 PM

Reminds me of Mad Men when Don always sleeps in his office.

Nites 04-28-2015 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjjs (Post 969165)
I've tried that twice but was way too paranoid about a boss or co-worker for whatever reason looking into my car and seeing me.


I saw an executive doing this at work in the parkade. He was on older guy and he had his had down with his chin touching his chest. I looked closely to make sure he wasn't dead lol.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24