NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Disney to buy Marvel - Page 2
Old 08-31-2009, 12:42 PM   #21 (permalink)
hibernating

Retired Administrator
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,990
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formless View Post
Meh, it's not like Marvel Studios produced any good films outside of Iron Man and the Blade trilogy (though Spider-Man was decent).
Marvel Studios (Artisan ) didn't do Spiderman or Blade....the only one they have done is IronMan and second Hulk.....

X-Men, Spiderman, Blade, Woverine etcc....rights are all held by other studios
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-31-2009, 02:42 PM   #22 (permalink)
a dick

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,138
Representing:
Default

DC needs to come out with a second Superman movie already and a Batman and a Green Lantern would be a nice idea.
Apollo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-31-2009, 02:44 PM   #23 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.
 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 10,804
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
DC needs to come out with a second Superman movie already and a Batman and a Green Lantern would be a nice idea.
we all know Batman is in the works...
and FYI Green Lantern is on its way.... Ryan Reynolds was singed as the lead.
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-31-2009, 02:51 PM   #24 (permalink)
a dick

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,138
Representing:
Default

A Flash movie would be great too.
Apollo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-31-2009, 03:04 PM   #25 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

RF OG
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: At my house
Posts: 1,376
Representing:
Default

Warner's has made a mess of their DC properties. Only the Batman franchise has been resurrected by Chris Nolan. A rumored Justice League project starring a bunch of no ones and directed by the guy that did "Babe" was scuttled last year. That was probably the best decision they've made yet.

Marvel has an interesting plan in place and the track record to pull it off.
It will be very interesting to see what Pixar can do with their characters. Hopefully more serious fare.
Dann38 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-31-2009, 03:09 PM   #26 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,660
Representing:
Default

So the cookie cutter comic book movies, are going to continue to be boring cookie cutter comic book movies...
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-31-2009, 03:13 PM   #27 (permalink)
enjoying the RealGM courtesy of RF

Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 837
Representing:
Default

Wow, Disney turned former horror stories (yes fairy tales used to be horror stories) into these crappy little fairy tales and now they're taking over one of the greatest Comic book companies in the world. What's next, Spiderman versus the witch from snow white?
Disney is turning into a dictatorship and they must have a monopoly on everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:doh :
rapsdabest is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-31-2009, 03:16 PM   #28 (permalink)
a gearbox of epic proportions.

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,051
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to B-RAD
Default

it's still going to be the same directors and stuff. it's just disney owns it now, i really don't see the big deal.
B-RAD is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-31-2009, 03:24 PM   #29 (permalink)
a dick

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,138
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann38 View Post
Warner's has made a mess of their DC properties. Only the Batman franchise has been resurrected by Chris Nolan. A rumored Justice League project starring a bunch of no ones and directed by the guy that did "Babe" was scuttled last year. That was probably the best decision they've made yet.

Marvel has an interesting plan in place and the track record to pull it off.
It will be very interesting to see what Pixar can do with their characters. Hopefully more serious fare.
Superman was a great movie.
Apollo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-31-2009, 03:28 PM   #30 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.
 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 10,804
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
Superman was a great movie.
you're kidding right?
that movie was just plain awful.... i rememeber feeling sick when i left the theatre, it felt as though a legend was destroyed in 2 hours.
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-31-2009, 03:32 PM   #31 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

RF OG
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: At my house
Posts: 1,376
Representing:
Default

Apollo, do you mean the Chris Reeves Superman? I will agree with you on that one.

If you meant Superman Returns, Bryan Singer made a mess of it. I enjoyed the special effects and the scenes of Supes using his powers, but overall there is so much wrong with that film. His kid kills a guy with a piano? His kid period?
Dann38 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-31-2009, 03:35 PM   #32 (permalink)
hibernating

Retired Administrator
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,990
Representing:
Default

Not to mention he lifts a fucking island made of Kryptonite....

Come on.
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-31-2009, 03:36 PM   #33 (permalink)
censored

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,356
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapsdabest View Post
Wow, Disney turned former horror stories (yes fairy tales used to be horror stories) into these crappy little fairy tales and now they're taking over one of the greatest Comic book companies in the world. What's next, Spiderman versus the witch from snow white?
Disney is turning into a dictatorship and they must have a monopoly on everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:doh :
snow white, the little mermaid and cindarella were horror stories?

disney owns touchstone and miramax. i wouldn't worry too much about it.
dfunkie1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-31-2009, 03:40 PM   #34 (permalink)
enjoying the RealGM courtesy of RF

Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 837
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Filth View Post
snow white, the little mermaid and cindarella were horror stories?

disney owns touchstone and miramax. i wouldn't worry too much about it.
I hate Disney. What's next? Raptors Forum? (DUN DUN DUH!) Maybe that's a bit drastic but they won't stop until they own everything. And most of their movies are horrible!
rapsdabest is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-31-2009, 03:46 PM   #35 (permalink)
a dick

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,138
Representing:
Default

I liked Superman Returns. I remember it being well received.
Apollo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-31-2009, 03:47 PM   #36 (permalink)
hibernating

Retired Administrator
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,990
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
I liked Superman Returns. I remember it being well received.
About as well recieved as Lexington Steele in my ass would be. It was terrible, got terrible reviews, and the popcorn people ate while watching it was terrible.
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-31-2009, 03:49 PM   #37 (permalink)
censored

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,356
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapsdabest View Post
I hate Disney. What's next? Raptors Forum? (DUN DUN DUH!) Maybe that's a bit drastic but they won't stop until they own everything. And most of their movies are horrible!
just because disney is buying it doesn't mean that they'll be producing disney family movies under marvel. look at movies disney the ownership has put out...dead fucking babies crawling up walls with spinning fucking heads! some of the movies they've put out have been the best modern mainstream films.
dfunkie1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-31-2009, 03:52 PM   #38 (permalink)
a dick

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,138
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
About as well recieved as Lexington Steele in my ass would be. It was terrible, got terrible reviews, and the popcorn people ate while watching it was terrible.
Liked it.
Apollo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-31-2009, 03:59 PM   #39 (permalink)
a douchebag! Go douchebag power!

Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Richmond Hill
Posts: 647
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
Marvel Studios (Artisan ) didn't do Spiderman or Blade....the only one they have done is IronMan and second Hulk.....

X-Men, Spiderman, Blade, Woverine etcc....rights are all held by other studios
Umm...no?

Marvel Studios - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Scroll down.
Formless is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 08-31-2009, 04:02 PM   #40 (permalink)
hibernating

Retired Administrator
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,990
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formless View Post
You do not want to fight this battle, believe me. Please never quote Wiki to me again, or use it as reference.

Marvel Studios has produced 2 films

Iron Man
Hulk

(while not entirely true, there have been some animated films as well)

http://www.imdb.com/company/co0051941/

Last edited by Benzo; 08-31-2009 at 04:04 PM.
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24