Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Entertainment Lounge (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f9/)
-   -   New Years Resolution (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f9/new-years-resolution-18579.html)

jeffb 12-19-2010 11:53 PM

New Years Resolution
 
Do you do them at all? Have you stuck to it in the past? What is your New Years Resolution this year?

Gurk 12-20-2010 12:23 AM

Nothing so far, plus I always make one and don't stick to it anyways xD

iRaptor 12-20-2010 12:42 AM

Every New years my resolution is to quit next year.

RaptorsandBuckeye FaN 12-20-2010 12:59 AM

I always think of one.......but never actually do it. lol

fresh n' spicy 12-20-2010 08:23 AM

become lazier than the year before is my resolution :mischief:

Shadowfax 12-20-2010 09:37 AM

about 10 years ago i made a resolution to never make another resolution again...it's the only one i've ever kept :)

Barracuda 12-20-2010 09:44 AM

I resolve to be awesome.

Renihan_00 12-20-2010 11:01 AM

Don't believe in them.

Waiting until the new year to make a change just shows that it isn't really a priority. If you consider something important NOW is the time to change not some arbitrary date.

fancylad 12-20-2010 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renihan_00 (Post 481755)
Don't believe in them.

Waiting until the new year to make a change just shows that it isn't really a priority. If you consider something important NOW is the time to change not some arbitrary date.

yes. no offense intended to people that do them, but new years resolutions are a sign of laziness. If something is important enough to do, you do it. If it's important and you put it off until a certain date or the start of a calander year, then you are lazy.

Yuksek 01-02-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fancylad (Post 481761)
yes. no offense intended to people that do them, but new years resolutions are a sign of laziness. If something is important enough to do, you do it. If it's important and you put it off until a certain date or the start of a calander year, then you are lazy.

Well for me, my progress started well before the new year. However, I'd like to go one whole year without watching the news intentionally.

Febreezy 01-02-2011 05:03 PM

Not really a resolution but I'm trying to gain 20 lbs.
Any tips and pointers? I already started eating more meals, smaller but more, like 5-6 times a day but smaller portions.

thought 01-02-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Febreezy (Post 486927)
Not really a resolution but I'm trying to gain 20 lbs.
Any tips and pointers? I already started eating more meals, smaller but more, like 5-6 times a day but smaller portions.

smaller meals more often keeps your metabolism warm throughout the day and actually helps you lose weight. i'm trying to cut so this is how i've structured my meals. that is not to say you should go back to eating three huge meals a day, because you shouldn't. six meals a day is better for you, just make sure you're eating good food. focus on protein, carbs, and good fats (omega 3s and 6s, poly and monounsaturated).

a friend of mine is a really skinny dude with a crazy fast metabolism. he drinks gainer shakes after workouts (heavy protein/carb mix) and after about two months drinking a gainer shake after every workout he really started to add weight to his frame. that's also an option for you.

fresh n' spicy 01-02-2011 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thought (Post 486939)
smaller meals more often keeps your metabolism warm throughout the day and actually helps you lose weight. i'm trying to cut so this is how i've structured my meals. that is not to say you should go back to eating three huge meals a day, because you shouldn't. six meals a day is better for you, just make sure you're eating good food. focus on protein, carbs, and good fats (omega 3s and 6s, poly and monounsaturated).

a friend of mine is a really skinny dude with a crazy fast metabolism. he drinks gainer shakes after workouts (heavy protein/carb mix) and after about two months drinking a gainer shake after every workout he really started to add weight to his frame. that's also an option for you.

u still need to eat every 2 -3 hours to gain muscle just eat 5 to 6 big meals a day with MRPs in their but mostly clean foods. i find its bad for me to take a gainer post workout because u have no appetitie and u need a post workout meal from actual food i just take an isolate than eat a meal later

thought 01-02-2011 08:42 PM

yeah, my bad - meant to say it helps you lose fat, not necessarily weight.

LightsOut 01-02-2011 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thought (Post 486939)
smaller meals more often keeps your metabolism warm throughout the day and actually helps you lose weight. i'm trying to cut so this is how i've structured my meals. that is not to say you should go back to eating three huge meals a day, because you shouldn't. six meals a day is better for you, just make sure you're eating good food. focus on protein, carbs, and good fats (omega 3s and 6s, poly and monounsaturated).

a friend of mine is a really skinny dude with a crazy fast metabolism. he drinks gainer shakes after workouts (heavy protein/carb mix) and after about two months drinking a gainer shake after every workout he really started to add weight to his frame. that's also an option for you.

Im trying to cut down too 5-6 meals and cardio should help?

Febreezy 01-02-2011 09:02 PM

Where can I get those gainer shakes from ?

fresh n' spicy 01-02-2011 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Febreezy (Post 487168)
Where can I get those gainer shakes from ?

bobybuilding.com dude best prices out there

fresh n' spicy 01-02-2011 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightsOut (Post 487167)
Im trying to cut down too 5-6 meals and cardio should help?

yes but dont do to much cardio since it takes away some of ur muscle if u do a lot of it.

CommunistCrunch 01-02-2011 10:43 PM

Getting back to my 3 total-body workouts a week. That and 8 hours of sleep a night. I have a good feeling about 2011!!

leftcoastbballfan 01-03-2011 02:00 PM

Ask Eddie Curry on how to gain weight


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24