Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Entertainment Lounge (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f9/)
-   -   NBA D-League Open Tryout (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f9/nba-d-league-open-tryout-20410.html)

th3answ3r 06-04-2011 06:30 PM

NBA D-League Open Tryout
 
NBA Development League: 2011 Open Tryout

http://www.nba.com/media/dleague/tryout_graphic_500.jpg
Getting a contract to play d-league basketball sounds nice. low salary but you could get called up by the teams.

If you were to go, how do you think you would fair?

js12 06-04-2011 08:22 PM

If I were to go I think I would waste $1000 for a trip and back to Kentucky.

They might be D-Leaguers, but they're still much better than most of us.

Dark Knight 06-04-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by js12 (Post 545524)
If I were to go I think I would waste $1000 for a trip and back to Kentucky.

They might be D-Leaguers, but they're still much better than most of us.

Yup. Even if I was of age to enter, I doubt I could even make a D-League team.

I'd be interested in go though just to gauge how well I could stack up against some of those players...

js12 06-04-2011 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 545525)
Yup. Even if I was of age to enter, I doubt I could even make a D-League team.

I'd be interested in go though just to gauge how well I could stack up against some of those players...

You might wanna hire some Nike boys to take away the dunk footage. ;)

th3answ3r 06-04-2011 08:31 PM

Basically the best people not in the NBA are there. It will be interesting how they select who is eligible to tryout.

jeffb 06-04-2011 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by js12 (Post 545524)
If I were to go I think I would waste $1000 for a trip and back to Kentucky.

They might be D-Leaguers, but they're still much better than most of us.

I would say ALL of us. lol

js12 06-04-2011 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 545530)
I would say ALL of us. lol

I wouldn't sleep on th3answ3r.

We trained him well on this site. :p

Dark Knight 06-04-2011 08:41 PM

I was in the 3 point competition at the All-Star game this year for the high schools in my area. If any of those D-League teams need a Jason Kapono, I'm their man. :cookie:

js12 06-04-2011 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 545532)
I was in the 3 point competition at the All-Star game this year for the high schools in my area. If any of those D-League teams need a Jason Kapono, I'm their man. :cookie:

Impressive. Did you win? :D

Just kidding, that's actually pretty cool. Did a lot of people get selected?

Dark Knight 06-04-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by js12 (Post 545533)
Impressive. Did you win? :D

Just kidding, that's actually pretty cool. Did a lot of people get selected?

45 seconds to shoot 5 racks of 3 balls. Netted a solid score of one. :dancing:

And yeah 1 person from each team so around 12 participants.

th3answ3r 06-04-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 545532)
I was in the 3 point competition at the All-Star game this year for the high schools in my area. If any of those D-League teams need a Jason Kapono, I'm their man. :cookie:

that's cool. my biggest weakness is the 3ball though i don't really practice it.

Gurk 06-04-2011 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 545534)
45 seconds to shoot 5 racks of 3 balls. Netted a solid score of one. :dancing:

And yeah 1 person from each team so around 12 participants.

LOLOLOL. y u so awesome?

Dark Knight 06-04-2011 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurk (Post 545536)
LOLOLOL. y u so awesome?

What can I say? I was born to shoot the 3 ball. :cookie:

Gurk 06-04-2011 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 545537)
What can I say? I was born to shoot the 3 ball. :cookie:

Teach me the ways. Please

Dark Knight 06-04-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurk (Post 545539)
Teach me the ways. Please

Someday, young 'kang, someday. But today is not that day. http://www.rantsnraves.org/images/sm...iley_ninja.gif

MrClutch 06-04-2011 09:35 PM

i wouldnt mind trying out, but i know im too short and not in game shape yet so no thanks

th3answ3r 06-04-2011 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 545530)
I would say ALL of us. lol

you never know, one of the future d-leaguers who tried out may be on this board


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24