Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Entertainment Lounge (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f9/)
-   -   Mark it On Your Calendars - Friday, February 22 - RaptorsForum Bar Night (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f9/mark-your-calendars-friday-february-22-raptorsforum-bar-night-607.html)

Jay 02-02-2008 02:47 PM

Mark it On Your Calendars - Friday, February 22 - RaptorsForum Bar Night
 
Lang and I were talking and thought it might be fun for anyone in the Toronto area to get together at a bar to watch a Raps game. We figured a couple of weeks notice would be sufficient (although since most of you are online most nights...it's not like you all have a ton of plans to bump...er...).

So Friday, February 22, 7:30 game time (vs. the Knicks). There are three options for the bar.

The first one, which I particularly like is Sports Centre Cafe, up at Yonge and St. Clair, click here for more info. So that's an uptown option.

The second option is a good place too and is downtown. The Loose Moose. You can find more info here.

The third option, which is also downtown, is Hooters. Click here for more info. Please note that going to Hooters with me comes with a caveat. If you want to have the flattest girl in the joint serve your table, sit near me, it NEVER fails. If not, sit at a different table. Seriously, Lang am I joking about this?

This should be a good time. Let's figure out a) who's in; b) which place.

Benzo 02-02-2008 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay (Post 7979)
Lang and I were talking and thought it might be fun for anyone in the Toronto area to get together at a bar to watch a Raps game. We figured a couple of weeks notice would be sufficient (although since most of you are online most nights...it's not like you all have a ton of plans to bump...er...).

So Friday, February 22, 7:30 game time (vs. the Knicks). There are three options for the bar.

The first one, which I particularly like is Sports Centre Cafe, up at Yonge and St. Clair, click here for more info. So that's an uptown option.

The second option is a good place too and is downtown. The Loose Moose. You can find more info here.

The third option, which is also downtown, is Hooters. Click here for more info. Please note that going to Hooters with me comes with a caveat. If you want to have the flattest girl in the joint serve your table, sit near me, it NEVER fails. If not, sit at a different table. Seriously, Lang am I joking about this?

This should be a good time. Let's figure out a) who's in; b) which place.

Around the corner sounds good to me :p..I can stumble home.

lang 02-02-2008 03:27 PM

Amen.

One time I went to Hooters with Jay and our waitress was so flat, she had to wear a windbreaker. True story.

But count me in for any location.

Belsius 02-02-2008 04:04 PM

It would be cool, but I have a litte problem with the distance.

TTFD 02-02-2008 09:21 PM

Hey, thats sounds like a decent idea, I'll definitely keep that night open just in case...live near King and Shaw so all those places are good for me....I've actually watched a few Friday night games at Hooters, other than the $150 avg bill for 2 the place is decent for Raps, lots of TV's and well other things too.

NOTE
"If you want to have the flattest girl in the joint serve your table, sit near me, it NEVER fails." - thats never happened there with me, my mojo will overcome yours ;)

IggyPosterizes 02-02-2008 11:52 PM

anyone wanna buy me a ticket to T.O.?

Dr. J. Naismith 02-03-2008 12:09 PM

One of these days I'll be able to get to one of these forum date's, but I unfortunately am at a wedding here in Ottawa that weekend (23rd) for one of my wife's good friends. :(

So, raincheck fellas.

BTW ACIE, I'll probably be in Welland during the May long weekend for my cousin's wedding so I'm might have to pop into your father's tavern for a little Groovy Food action. I'll keep you posted. ;)

Acie 02-03-2008 12:25 PM

I think I've got a gig on the 22nd or else I'd try and make up to the big smoke.


Dr. J, let me know. One of my band's is probably playing. If you're in Welland, maybe we can meet up at the Seaway Mall and have lunch at the Zeller's Grill? ;) lol

Dr. J. Naismith 02-03-2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACIEEARL40 (Post 8009)
Dr. J, let me know. One of my band's is probably playing. If you're in Welland, maybe we can meet up at the Seaway Mall and have lunch at the Zeller's Grill? ;) lol

Sounds good .... I'm only assuming that we'll be getting invited to his wedding because he came to ours. We haven't gotten the actual invitation yet, but if we do we'll be coming down. I'll let you know then.

On our way back, instead of driving back through Toronto we're gonna make a trip out of it and drive around the lake and do some shopping in Buffalo and like more shopping near the outlets in Syracuse. :)

Jay 02-03-2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lang (Post 7982)
Amen.

One time I went to Hooters with Jay and our waitress was so flat, she had to wear a windbreaker. True story.

But count me in for any location.

LOL...I remember that! She went to Queen's University and knew a bunch of guys we knew there. Then she stuck to us the rest of the night...in a windbreaker.

Acie 02-03-2008 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. J. Naismith (Post 8011)
Sounds good .... I'm only assuming that we'll be getting invited to his wedding because he came to ours. We haven't gotten the actual invitation yet, but if we do we'll be coming down. I'll let you know then.

On our way back, instead of driving back through Toronto we're gonna make a trip out of it and drive around the lake and do some shopping in Buffalo and like more shopping near the outlets in Syracuse. :)

Cool, cool...


I've been to the Carousel Center in Syracuse. It was friggin' massive and it has a million different shops.

Acie 02-03-2008 12:53 PM

I went to the Hooters on Adelaide once. The waitress, while very pretty, was scrawny, bitchy and put it this way...I think I had a couple of cup sizes on her. The rest of the waitresses had breasts the size of small children's heads, but also had asses that looked like they eat more wings on a daily basis then they serve.

lang 02-03-2008 01:11 PM

Junk in the trunk is more fun when you're drunk.

lang 02-19-2008 04:33 PM

Can we get a confirmation on who will be coming out for drinks this day, as well as settle on a venue?

Dr. J. Naismith 02-19-2008 04:35 PM

Sorry guys, but unfortunately I can't make it down to TO. :(

Aar_Canada 02-19-2008 05:41 PM

I've been to the Hooter's in Niagara Falls a few times and I must say that once I tasted the wings, I didn't care much for the boob. Not that it wasn't nice, since the waitresses there are quite cute, but when you're getting down to business on your way to shattering your own record by devouring 80 wings, you ain't got no time for no funbags.

fancylad 02-19-2008 05:53 PM

hey guys.. i'd be more than happy to join y'all for a game and a pint.

but i wonder if anyone would be up for a mid-week game?

Personally, weekends (friday nights included) aren't good for sports as the lady and i usually hit the town... pretty sure she wouldn't want to go to hooters to watch basketball with me.

Anything downtown would be cool (as i live there), but i'd make a subway trip if it makes a difference.

Jay 02-19-2008 09:38 PM

fancy, make everyone happy.
Step 1: Come out for a drink and to watch the game.
Step 2: Tell the woman you're heading out for a drink and to watch the game.
Step 3: After ducking projectiles, tell her that she's invited.
Step 4: After watching her cringe, tell her that you're taking her out after (maybe a pre-drink at the Up and Down Lounge - a personal favourite...and then out to a spot of her choice)
Step 5: Make sure you deliver it with charm
Step 6: Sit back and reap the rewards...

Jay 02-19-2008 09:41 PM

Oh yeah, I'm pulling for Sports Centre Cafe (not far from my office, right on the Yonge subway line...also has a mini-basketball rapid shot game that allows for trash-talking). Another note...I've been to the original Hooters in St. Petersburg...it was Hooteriffic.

Ball Don't Lie 02-20-2008 12:39 AM

Id come if I lived in TO.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24