Jayhawks in Ottawa
Old 08-26-2008, 04:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
saying too many dudes are Tyson Chandler, trying to lead their teams and went nowhere

Scarborough, We Go Hard..
 
MangoKidHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,916
Representing:
Default Jayhawks in Ottawa

Thriller, Doc and all you other mofos out in the capital region..the NCAA champs are coming your way...

Quote:
OTTAWA - The NCAA-champion Kansas Jayhawks will play three Canadian university teams in a exhibition series this weekend.

Kansas will meet McGill University on Saturday on the campus of the University of Ottawa before facing Carleton University later in the day at Scotiabank Place.

The Jayhawks will battle the University of Ottawa on Sunday at Montpetit Hall.

Earlier this month, Bill Self, the Kansas basketball coach who guided the Jayhawks to their first NCAA championship in 20 years, signed a 10-year, US$30-million contract.

The Jayhawks beat Memphis 75-68 in April for their third NCAA title.
MangoKidHoops is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 06:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,558
Representing:
Default

this ain't gonna be pretty...



vs.


Last edited by 'trane; 08-26-2008 at 06:53 PM.
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 11:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,249
Representing:
Default

Yeah, there's a mini tournament here with the Jayhawks, Ottawa U., Carleton and I think Southern Alabama at the Scotiabank Place. I doubt I'll go though because I don't have time right now with all my home renovations going on.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 11:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,558
Representing:
Default

how's the reno going doc?
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,039
Representing:
Default

Ater watching those 2 video's, Jayhawks are going to manhandle all of those teams that they are going to play
Gurk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,249
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
how's the reno going doc?
Ugh .... its going but I've run into multiple obstacles. Fixable, but a pain in the arse. :mad:
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,160
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. J. Naismith View Post
Yeah, there's a mini tournament here with the Jayhawks, Ottawa U., Carleton and I think Southern Alabama at the Scotiabank Place. I doubt I'll go though because I don't have time right now with all my home renovations going on.
Whaat are you doing mr holmes? (mike not Johnny)
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,249
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoochieBoochie View Post
Whaat are you doing mr holmes? (mike not Johnny)
I've gutted my main level of my home with the exception of my living and dining room. So the entrance, main hall way, TV/family room and the most of all the kitchen. I definitely didn't realize how much work was going to be involved.

Anyhow, demolition is finally finished and the hardwood floors get installed on Friday so I can start putting together my kitchen.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,160
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. J. Naismith View Post
I've gutted my main level of my home with the exception of my living and dining room. So the entrance, main hall way, TV/family room and the most of all the kitchen. I definitely didn't realize how much work was going to be involved.

Anyhow, demolition is finally finished and the hardwood floors get installed on Friday so I can start putting together my kitchen.
Put you cabinets in already or are you keeping what you have?
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,249
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoochieBoochie View Post
Put you cabinets in already or are you keeping what you have?
Nope .... we're only putting up two upper cabinets and the rest are lower or pantry style ones that don't need to be mounted up on a wall. So, I'm waiting for the floors to go in before I start that.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,160
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. J. Naismith View Post
Nope .... we're only putting up two upper cabinets and the rest are lower or pantry style ones that don't need to be mounted up on a wall. So, I'm waiting for the floors to go in before I start that.
Are you putting flooring on underneath the cabinets?
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,249
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoochieBoochie View Post
Are you putting flooring on underneath the cabinets?
Yup .... for the amount of space that the cabinets cover the floor it wasn't worth the headache to individually cut additional seperate subfloor in ensure the height of those lowers were right. Also, when we decide to buy elsewhere years down the road, people who buy our place will have the ability to move our cabinets to their own liking because they might not like out layout and don't have to worry and wonder whether or not the floor is hardwood underneath.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,160
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. J. Naismith View Post
Yup .... for the amount of space that the cabinets cover the floor it wasn't worth the headache to individually cut additional seperate subfloor in ensure the height of those lowers were right. Also, when we decide to buy elsewhere years down the road, people who buy our place will have the ability to move our cabinets to their own liking because they might not like out layout and don't have to worry and wonder whether or not the floor is hardwood underneath.
Fair enugh, well thought out.

Lay something down before you put them in, if you scratch it putting up drywall or cabinets or whatever you are gonna be pissed.

ps. do you know why cabinets have the cutout spot on the bottom?
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,249
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoochieBoochie View Post
Fair enugh, well thought out.

Lay something down before you put them in, if you scratch it putting up drywall or cabinets or whatever you are gonna be pissed.
Already ahead of you Snooch .... we have a ton of drop cloths to use.

Quote:
ps. do you know why cabinets have the cutout spot on the bottom?
Which cutout spot?
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 02:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,160
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. J. Naismith View Post
Already ahead of you Snooch .... we have a ton of drop cloths to use.



Which cutout spot?
Where the cupboard connect to floor, the toe kick.
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 02:48 PM   #16 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,249
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoochieBoochie View Post
Where the cupboard connect to floor, the toe kick.
Oh ya ... I know about that and we're reinforcing them to the wall as well.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 03:37 PM   #17 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,160
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. J. Naismith View Post
Oh ya ... I know about that and we're reinforcing them to the wall as well.

Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:52 PM   #18 (permalink)
Jay
is pounding the rock!

Administrator

 
Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,224
Representing:
Default

Man, when I saw this thread, I thought the band The Jayhawks were touring again...so disappointed.
Jay is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:30 AM   #19 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,249
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Man, when I saw this thread, I thought the band The Jayhawks were touring again...so disappointed.
Ahhhh .... how wonderful would that be?
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Intersquad scrimmage from Ottawa (video) jeffb Toronto Raptors 4 10-03-2009 03:56 PM
Raps in Ottawa for Training Camp? Ball Don't Lie Toronto Raptors 8 09-15-2009 12:24 PM
Smith: What are the big stories heading to Ottawa? Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 5 09-25-2008 07:26 PM
Raptors Will Hold Training Camp In Ottawa Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 25 07-09-2008 09:23 AM
Raptors Traning Camp In Ottawa This Fall Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 11 06-23-2008 07:12 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24