Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Entertainment Lounge (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f9/)
-   -   Internet & Cable Companies (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f9/internet-cable-companies-19310.html)

Barracuda 02-11-2011 05:14 PM

Internet & Cable Companies
 
I'm trying to figure out the best internet/cable company to go with when I move back to Toronto, and it's a bit of a clusterfuck. I know the main ones are Rogers and Bell, but I can't figure out which is better (also bearing in mind that I do a LOT of downloading so usage caps weigh in greatly).

Another one that someone told me about was TekSavvy - has anyone had any experience with these guys?

Any recommendations, my wise and wonderful RF folks?

jeffb 02-11-2011 05:25 PM

I've always had nothing but problems with Bell, and prefer Rogers by a long shot.

Benzo 02-11-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barracuda (Post 507088)
I'm trying to figure out the best internet/cable company to go with when I move back to Toronto, and it's a bit of a clusterfuck. I know the main ones are Rogers and Bell, but I can't figure out which is better (also bearing in mind that I do a LOT of downloading so usage caps weigh in greatly).

Another one that someone told me about was TekSavvy - has anyone had any experience with these guys?

Any recomendations, my wise and wonderful RF folks?

Please don't bring my workplace into RF..... just get whatever has the closest CO to your address.

Ask them all where is the closest CO,

Tekksavvy is a re-seller of Bell, you will have to wait for the CRTC decision on UBB to see if its worth going with them

Superjudge 02-11-2011 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barracuda (Post 507088)
I'm trying to figure out the best internet/cable company to go with when I move back to Toronto, and it's a bit of a clusterfuck. I know the main ones are Rogers and Bell, but I can't figure out which is better (also bearing in mind that I do a LOT of downloading so usage caps weigh in greatly).

Another one that someone told me about was TekSavvy - has anyone had any experience with these guys?

Any recomendations, my wise and wonderful RF folks?

If you move to the hood.... Beanfield technologies

Barracuda 02-11-2011 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superjudge (Post 507109)
If you move to the hood.... Beanfield technologies

Yeah, we used them at FF and I see them in my website analytics all the time.

They cheap?

Barracuda 02-11-2011 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzo (Post 507095)
Please don't bring my workplace into RF..... just get whatever has the closest CO to your address.

Ask them all where is the closest CO,

Tekksavvy is a re-seller of Bell, you will have to wait for the CRTC decision on UBB to see if its worth going with them

I thought Teksavvy was their own thing, I had no idea. (I also don't know what a CO is. :p)

m5racer 02-11-2011 06:22 PM

Bell:

Fibe 25mbps - (3mb download and 500kb upload)
Um, I have the $15 insurance and get 200gb/month download = $90/month for modem rental, service, extra download.

Super fast always reliable. The new modem for the Fibe25 is also sick, wireless N, way better then the regular 2wire one

th3answ3r 02-11-2011 06:56 PM

Idk Wth happened in 2 days. Says I used 20GB in 48 hours and bell charged me 45$. Crazy stuff

Barracuda 02-11-2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by th3answ3r (Post 507133)
Idk Wth happened in 2 days. Says I used 20GB in 48 hours and bell charged me 45$. Crazy stuff

Yeah, that's what I worry about.

th3answ3r 02-11-2011 07:17 PM

Possible that I did use 40gb but it's weird, I used the pc like every other day. Possibly a virus

N64 02-11-2011 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by th3answ3r (Post 507142)
Possible that I did use 40gb but it's weird, I used the pc like every other day. Possibly a virus

I once heard about how there was a virus that would download kiddie porn onto your computer so get it checked out asap and find out what happened. Happy I'm on a mac these days, don't have to worry about these viruses.

Superjudge 02-11-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barracuda (Post 507119)
Yeah, we used them at FF and I see them in my website analytics all the time.

They cheap?

no
but I got 100 megakillpsss'''ssss or whatever they are.

Fast-UH

th3answ3r 02-11-2011 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolimitz64 (Post 507161)
I once heard about how there was a virus that would download kiddie porn onto your computer so get it checked out asap and find out what happened. Happy I'm on a mac these days, don't have to worry about these viruses.

How do I check? As of now, I have shut off my new laptops wifi and it is now normal. I suspect my laptop of weird viruses or it's uploading data constantly?

Barracuda 02-11-2011 09:45 PM

Meh. I need my own tech guy.

js12 02-11-2011 11:21 PM

I hate most of the internet plans. The bandwidth limit is unreasonable for the cheaper plans, and the heavy-duty plans are ridiculously expensive. It's rare to find those "in-between" plans that make a good compromise.

Barracuda 02-24-2011 04:10 PM

So, I finally got a place (oddly enough, thanks in part to your best friend SJ), and I need to hook up the cable and internet now, because I move in.

Everyone's telling me Rogers for cable and internet (and some say TekSAvvy for internet, too), but the cable packages confuse the hell outta me. It's written in Man Code, I swear.

Suggestions?

jeffb 02-24-2011 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barracuda (Post 513303)
So, I finally got a place (oddly enough, thanks in part to your best friend SJ), and I need to hook up the cable and internet now, because I move in.

Everyone's telling me Rogers for cable and internet (and some say TekSAvvy for internet, too), but the cable packages confuse the hell outta me. It's written in Man Code, I swear.

Suggestions?


VIP Package + HD package if you want HD chanels.

Barracuda 02-24-2011 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 513308)
VIP Package + HD package if you want HD chanels.

I was looking at that, but I thought there'd be more to it. Sports channels, etc.

jeffb 02-24-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barracuda (Post 513312)
I was looking at that, but I thought there'd be more to it. Sports channels, etc.

I have the VIP package and have SN/SN1 + TSN/TSN2.

Barracuda 02-24-2011 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 513317)
I have the VIP package and have SN/SN1 + TSN/TSN2.

They're included? I'm clearly blind.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24