how to deal with bad days w/o alcohol and such - Page 4
Old 02-05-2012, 12:44 AM   #61 (permalink)
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!
 
Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,273
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
Thunder Bay isn't so bad when you're drinking beer.
+1

Not sure if serious but... I've actually spent some time in Thunder Bay and I enjoyed myself.
Bill Haverchuck is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:58 AM   #62 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,734
Representing:
Default

I have family in t-bay.

And I wasn't completely serious, I've only heard good words about going to school in Lakehead, although those words were all spoken by alcoholics.
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:03 AM   #63 (permalink)
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!
 
Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,273
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
I have family in t-bay.

And I wasn't completely serious, I've only heard good words about going to school in Lakehead, although those words were all spoken by alcoholics.
haha

I used to have a relative there. He loved it.
Bill Haverchuck is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:38 AM   #64 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,978
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck View Post

If you U of T is tougher than your other options, perhaps U of T will better prepare you for law school. But that doesn't necessarily mean you should go there. I just don't accept the disconnect between your confidence in being a great lawyer and your lack of confidence in being able to succeed at U of T during undergrad.
it's not a lack of confidence in succeeding, sorry if it came out like that. All i'm saying is why make you life harder when you can accomplish the same thing with less work/stress?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck View Post


Most successful U of T applicants don't come from U of T undergrad because the faculty of law is getting apps from graduates of dozens of schools all over the country. It's in high demand amongst a certain segment of students, and those students can be found at many other schools, as well. It's not just because U of T undergrad is tough.

Look, I don't work for U of T, but don't get locked into worrying about a 50/50 even split. There are other factors in the admission cycle, and they keep it somewhat unknown. There is no concrete mathematical formula. And some schools actually do have that, but U of T is not currently one of them. Some students compensate for a GPA below 3.8 by doing better on the LSAT.




Right. What happend to going to Ivy league schools? Europe? You didn't care about Mom or having a harder time getting a GPA then. All of a sudden there is a drastic turn around?

That's why I question your motivation for starting these various threads. The only common denominator is that it gets people talking about you.
you want to say that again? My father had a job in toronto during the times i made those threads. Then the conservatives happened and the new projects were held up, and thousands layed off. I was able to think of going abroad, etc back then because my mom wouldn't have been alone in the house during the weeks. Oh and cause my brother was planning to find work on the same delayed projects, so his stint in montreal got extended as a necessity. All i was looking for was some help, not attention. Why would i be needing attention from a forum on the web? Hell, i don't care if i dont get paid attention to in the real world, let alone here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck View Post


If you diss other people's schools, saying "it's just my opinion" is not necessarily going to make them stop thinking you're a total douche. If you're cool with pissing people off, that's one thing. But saying "it shouldn't affect them" just makes you look oblivious to how to avoid pissing people off. So, make sure you're cool with pissing some people off, because there are implications in a number of the things you say.

That's probably why Beans was suggesting you're being a "fuddy-duddy".
Sure, you're right here. However i didn't start this thread with the intent of saying ryerson was my problem so really i meant no harm. Nor did i mean it when i wrote about ryerson, i just typed without thinking there a bit.
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:00 AM   #65 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,734
Representing:
Default

So you're living with your mom until your dad retires?

Why can't your mother be home alone until your dad gets back from the Bruce?

Last edited by bjjs; 02-05-2012 at 02:03 AM.
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:09 AM   #66 (permalink)
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!
 
Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,273
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
it's not a lack of confidence in succeeding, sorry if it came out like that.
Why apologize? You're not accountable to me. It just didn't make any sense.


Quote:
you want to say that again? My father had a job in toronto during the times i made those threads. Then the conservatives happened and the new projects were held up, and thousands layed off. I was able to think of going abroad, etc back then because my mom wouldn't have been alone in the house during the weeks. Oh and cause my brother was planning to find work on the same delayed projects, so his stint in montreal got extended as a necessity.
If this is the case, all the more reason to justify going to a cheaper school. I don't know for sure if York and Ryerson are cheaper, but, when I was in Ontario, I remember people complaining about U of T being more expensive.

Quote:
All i was looking for was some help, not attention. Why would i be needing attention from a forum on the web? Hell, i don't care if i dont get paid attention to in the real world, let alone here.
I don't entirely buy that. There is completely different style in your non-basketball posting (and guys like th3answer) when compared with some of the other teens. Just my opinion. I concede that I can't read your mind.


Quote:
However i didn't start this thread with the intent of saying ryerson was my problem so really i meant no harm. Nor did i mean it when i wrote about ryerson, i just typed without thinking there a bit.
I buy that. And there's nothing wrong with simply disliking the prospect of attending a particular school. There are plenty of valid and non-insulting reasons for not wanting to attend, such as location or whatever. It's just when you come across like you're pre-occupied with prestige, and suggest thought of going to Ryerson bothers you to the point of starting a thread about drinking (or somehting like drinking), you convey a negative impression. People might think you're calling their school crap, even if you don't mean to.

Last edited by Bill Haverchuck; 02-05-2012 at 03:46 AM.
Bill Haverchuck is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:10 AM   #67 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,978
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
So you're living with your mom until your dad retires?

Why can't your mother be home alone until your dad gets back from the Bruce?
it's not that she can't, i won't let it happen. our family's been through a lot, and we've come out successful by sticking together. i'm not gonna let that down now. My dad might come home in 1 year, or 4, we really can't tell at this point so i'm assuming the worst.
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:23 AM   #68 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,734
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
it's not that she can't, i won't let it happen. our family's been through a lot, and we've come out successful by sticking together. i'm not gonna let that down now. My dad might come home in 1 year, or 4, we really can't tell at this point so i'm assuming the worst.

That's prety wack Pzabb, I thought the Chuck was being hard on you but on further review....

So your mom is able...she has your dad two days a weak, and gets to sleep beside him every night. Plus vacations. But you can't live your life because you won't let her be alone....5pm-9pm on weekdays?

Sounds like an excuse for something else.

Last edited by bjjs; 02-05-2012 at 02:26 AM.
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:29 AM   #69 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,734
Representing:
Default

You need to go to the best law school you can possibly get in to.


And you need to move out so that your dad and mom can move to Kincardine or Owen Sound.

Driving 7 hours a day, 5 days a week is horrible.
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:14 PM   #70 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,978
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
That's prety wack Pzabb, I thought the Chuck was being hard on you but on further review....

So your mom is able...she has your dad two days a weak, and gets to sleep beside him every night. Plus vacations. But you can't live your life because you won't let her be alone....5pm-9pm on weekdays?

Sounds like an excuse for something else.
my dad is not home on the weekdays, he lives there, so she doesn't have him at all on the week days, not from 5-9.
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #71 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,978
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
You need to go to the best law school you can possibly get in to.


And you need to move out so that your dad and mom can move to Kincardine or Owen Sound.

Driving 7 hours a day, 5 days a week is horrible.
Indeed it is horrible, but what's also horrible is that my mom's work is in toronto, so they can't really move to kincardine..
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:53 PM   #72 (permalink)
is.....

Tai-Pan
 
m5racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,903
Representing:
Default

Step 1:


Step 2:


Step 3:


Step 4:


Step 5:
m5racer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:54 PM   #73 (permalink)
is.....

Tai-Pan
 
m5racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,903
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5racer View Post
Step 1:


Step 2:


Step 3:


Step 4:


Step 5:
Problem Solved!
m5racer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:02 PM   #74 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,741
Representing:
Default

How pissed and disappointed is your Mom going to be if you compromise for her sake in the short term? Have you considered that, or discussed it with her at all? You can't be worried about everything falling into place just so. You've got to look forward to what you have to look forward to instead of looking back before you even take the first step. If you need to change course at some point then you can face that challenge, but don't create a challenge for yourself that might not really be there, and might actually lead to a greater disappointment for your family.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #75 (permalink)
having sexual relations with that woman

Senior Member
 
LilRomeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 642
Representing:
Default

Fuck law schools and their 'strict' admission. At the end of the day, it's all about getting called to the bar.
LilRomeo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #76 (permalink)
#NorthernUprising

Next year...
 
js12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: T.O.
Posts: 5,577
Representing:
Default

Pzabby, there's no substitution for hard work. I don't mean to brag, but I've always had a 90%+ average throughout high school so far. It's mostly because I do all my homework, study for all quizzes/test etc. It's also not like I don't have a social life or anything, I always find time for friends and sports.

My point is "when the going gets tough, the tough gets going." Not trying to knock you or anything, just giving a tip. Good luck.
js12 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:42 PM   #77 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,978
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
How pissed and disappointed is your Mom going to be if you compromise for her sake in the short term? Have you considered that, or discussed it with her at all? You can't be worried about everything falling into place just so. You've got to look forward to what you have to look forward to instead of looking back before you even take the first step. If you need to change course at some point then you can face that challenge, but don't create a challenge for yourself that might not really be there, and might actually lead to a greater disappointment for your family.
hadn't though of it from that angle. interesting thought.
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #78 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,741
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
hadn't though of it from that angle. interesting thought.
Yeah - my personal experience is that I tried to be the best me I could be, and got support, but not as much as if I had tried to become a lawyer. You might be luckier than you realize, and your parents might feel pretty fortunate if you follow through with your dreams.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:10 AM   #79 (permalink)
Raptors suck

Senior Member
 
tdotballing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: GTA
Posts: 727
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post

Since i was a child my dream was to be a lawyer. Everywhere i went, everything i did, that's been my interest. My grandfather was a lawyer, and a pretty damn good one at that too. A people's lawyer, and though i never met him, i'm told i'm most similar to him by my family. So there's an added sentimental value to this.

Not trying to be a dick or anything but this post reminded me of this and made me laugh lol

tdotballing is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24