Hollywood sucks
Old 01-12-2010, 09:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default Hollywood sucks

Why does hollywood keep churning out these stupid remakes.

I'm sorry, but in a way it totally messes with the legacy (for lack of a better word) that was left by the original.

I just read that they're making a new Yellow Submarine. What the fuck for? What was wrong with the original one? Just leave it alone.

Zemeckis finds Beatles for "Yellow Submarine" - Yahoo! Canada News

People need to get some originality and think up some new ideas instead of bastardizing great works and making money off someone else's creations.

another one that kills me is all this talk of a Tintin live action movie coming out. Not Nessesary! I'm a huge tintin fan (i take it to a nerdy level) and i hate this idea. Herge's body of work was pretty vast. There was a great children's cartoon show for each of the stories. they made live action movies in the 60s. OK. Done. enough. Leave the legacy alone.

It also pissed me off that they made an Italian Job remake. What's next? a new version of the great escape? A new Shaft? Oh yeah - they did that one and it sucked. surprise.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

they're making Twister 2 as well and a. A Team is coming out, talking about a new Ghostbusters, Yogi Bear Movie

if you hate sequels here's a site where they talk about them: Sequels or Prequels | Nerdles

remakes make money, they can come out with a simple script, put some special effects, put out ads and people buy
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
the go-to-guy

avatar by F1nir_
 
Mr4thQuarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,770
Representing:
Default

It's pathetic. I can't believe producers can look at themselves in the mirror after squeezing out yet another golden oldie for a quick buck.
Mr4thQuarter is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

For the record, I have no problem with sequels because that involves a new story and some degree of creativity.

It's the remakes that are so, so lame.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,761
Representing:
Default

They even remake adult films.

How many time can Debbie actually do Dallas?
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Hollywood people say its our fault that all these remakes are made because of illegal downloading. They can easily sell something with a familiar name/story and make money rather than creating something new and risk losing money
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acie View Post
They even remake adult films.

How many time can Debbie actually do Dallas?
there's a lot of people in Dallas
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,761
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
there's a lot of people in Dallas
I realize that, but how many want sloppy seconds, thirds, fourths, fifths, sixths, etc...?
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
the go-to-guy

avatar by F1nir_
 
Mr4thQuarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,770
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acie View Post
I realize that, but how many want sloppy seconds, thirds, fourths, fifths, sixths, etc...?
you'd be surprised
Mr4thQuarter is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:04 AM   #10 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,700
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acie View Post
They even remake adult films.

How many time can Debbie actually do Dallas?
in so much how many times, but how many ways...
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:07 AM   #11 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Captain Ding Dong
 
Aar_Canada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St.Catharines
Posts: 4,924
Representing:
Default

I think it's more a matter of there being way more screens and options and the studios just throwing everything out there to see if it sticks. And it seems to be set up now that very few movies lose money - once DVD sales are factored in.
Aar_Canada is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:17 AM   #12 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

i still can't get over the fact that they're making a new yellow submarine. I've been reading up more on it.... it's giong to be one of those computer animated monstrosities.

Guess who is behind it?

Motherfuckin Disney!!
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:18 AM   #13 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
Why does hollywood keep churning out these stupid remakes.

I'm sorry, but in a way it totally messes with the legacy (for lack of a better word) that was left by the original.

I just read that they're making a new Yellow Submarine. What the fuck for? What was wrong with the original one? Just leave it alone.

Zemeckis finds Beatles for "Yellow Submarine" - Yahoo! Canada News

People need to get some originality and think up some new ideas instead of bastardizing great works and making money off someone else's creations.

another one that kills me is all this talk of a Tintin live action movie coming out. Not Nessesary! I'm a huge tintin fan (i take it to a nerdy level) and i hate this idea. Herge's body of work was pretty vast. There was a great children's cartoon show for each of the stories. they made live action movies in the 60s. OK. Done. enough. Leave the legacy alone.

It also pissed me off that they made an Italian Job remake. What's next? a new version of the great escape? A new Shaft? Oh yeah - they did that one and it sucked. surprise.

Oh relax.

It's just new stuff for a new generation, don't be so selfish.

Some remakes are fantastic.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:21 AM   #14 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
i still can't get over the fact that they're making a new yellow submarine. I've been reading up more on it.... it's giong to be one of those computer animated monstrosities.

Guess who is behind it?

Motherfuckin Disney!!
I never realized yellow submarine was a movie, I know the song though
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:21 AM   #15 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,700
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
i still can't get over the fact that they're making a new yellow submarine. I've been reading up more on it.... it's giong to be one of those computer animated monstrosities.

Guess who is behind it?

Motherfuckin Disney!!


if you don't watch it, it doesn't exist.

star wars 1, 2 and 3 were never made.
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:23 AM   #16 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
Oh relax.

It's just new stuff for a new generation, don't be so selfish.

Some remakes are fantastic.
you know, the new generation that you mention has all the originals available to them on DVD in HMV or they can just download the torrent. I'd suggest doing that if they actually want to see something good.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:29 AM   #17 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,023
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
you know, the new generation that you mention has all the originals available to them on DVD in HMV or they can just download the torrent. I'd suggest doing that if they actually want to see something good.
fancylad just face it your losing a grasp of how the new generation works. You are stuck in your old ways my friend. Personally I found Dark Knight a cheap rip off of the original Michael Keaton / Jack Nicolson Batman but whatever its just a special effects movie so I just let it slide.

Now its gone to tarnish your beloved beatles HOW DARE THEY!!!

Docs Made in China and now Yellow Sub by Disney.

The world as you once new it is falling apart.
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:40 AM   #18 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post


if you don't watch it, it doesn't exist.

star wars 1, 2 and 3 were never made.
i know man. i hear you.


It's just the principle.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:42 AM   #19 (permalink)
Unacceptable?! Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch!

Get off my lawn
 
Renihan_00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,370
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
Oh relax.

It's just new stuff for a new generation, don't be so selfish.

Some remakes are fantastic.
That's my opinion as well really..... I get annoyed when remakes occur too often but I think it's good to allow other generations to see things that you loved.

Think about it, kids have grown up with the latest and greatest technology in terms of viewing/sound. If you show them the garbage we used to watch they will hate it regardless of the production quality of the story because the quality is awful.

Last edited by Renihan_00; 01-12-2010 at 10:57 AM.
Renihan_00 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:42 AM   #20 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,023
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post


if you don't watch it, it doesn't exist.

star wars 1, 2 and 3 were never made.
whats star wars?
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
This board sucks CB4 Entertainment Lounge 44 01-24-2009 05:28 PM
Will Solomon sucks. you dont know me Toronto Raptors 41 11-19-2008 11:07 PM
Welcome to The MVP of West Hollywood Dr. J. Naismith Entertainment Lounge 20 03-10-2008 03:20 PM
This sucks but... Benzo Entertainment Lounge 2 02-08-2008 10:58 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24