Headlines - Page 89
Old 02-07-2015, 01:47 AM   #1761 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 7,055
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Perhaps they were too quick to okay assisted suicide. At least they should make sure a steady stream of farts are administered first.
No They weren't too quick to decide. If anything, it's 2 decades too late. It's simply unconstitutional and hypocritical of the values enforced by other laws (like attempted suicide itself is fine).
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-07-2015, 02:07 AM   #1762 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 22,015
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
No They weren't too quick to decide. If anything, it's 2 decades too late. It's simply unconstitutional and hypocritical of the values enforced by other laws (like attempted suicide itself is fine).
haha, i am pretty sure LX was just joking. :mu:
Gurk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-07-2015, 11:47 AM   #1763 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Banned
 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,951
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptorman View Post
My wife might live to be 150. :cookie:
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-09-2015, 09:42 AM   #1764 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Banned
 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,951
Representing:
Default

Happy Monday
Headlines for Feb 9th...

Egypt blocks Mohamed Fahmy’s road to Canada

The Tim Hortons of cannabis: 63-year-old ‘king’ seeks franchisees to grow his marijuana empire

Twitter trolling victims at mercy of 'daunting' complaints system

Frontline teams 'unaware' of wildlife smuggler tactics
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-09-2015, 12:00 PM   #1765 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 30,070
Representing:
Default

This is another example of the biggest threat to civil society as far as I can tell. Not terrorism, but a cancerous form of capitalism that veers ever closer to sheer criminality. Property as theft is something posited by anarchists more than a century ago. That is becoming true in the most literal sense.

HSBC files show how Swiss bank helped clients dodge taxes and hide millions | Business | The Guardian
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-10-2015, 09:25 AM   #1766 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Banned
 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,951
Representing:
Default

morning
Headlines for Feb 10th...

Smart TV eavesdropping on you? It’s not the only one

The struggle to save Yangon's architectural heritage

Why activity trackers deliver mismatched fitness data

The invisible network that keeps the world running
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-11-2015, 09:18 AM   #1767 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Banned
 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,951
Representing:
Default

Happy Humpday
Headlines for Feb 11th...

U.S. faces 'great national test' over Islamic State

A Biofuel Debate: Will Cutting Trees Cut Carbon?

Five years of research catalogues 4,000 blacks lynched in the American South — some as recently as 1950

Is an American university degree worth the cost?
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-11-2015, 03:36 PM   #1768 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 30,070
Representing:
Default

Very sad, and entirely predictable. And this will not be called terrorism, lone wolf or otherwise.

Chapel Hill shooting: Three young Muslims gunned down in North Carolina family home - Americas - World - The Independent
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-11-2015, 04:28 PM   #1769 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 22,015
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Very sad, and entirely predictable. And this will not be called terrorism, lone wolf or otherwise.

Chapel Hill shooting: Three young Muslims gunned down in North Carolina family home - Americas - World - The Independent
It was just over a parking spot!!!
Gurk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-11-2015, 07:36 PM   #1770 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
J-Bo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,895
Representing:
Default

that's what they claiming but I doubt its just over a parking spot...maybe there was an issue with parking but the killing was hate motivated.

RIP to the 3 victims they seemed like genuine people from their post on twitter and charity work
J-Bo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-13-2015, 09:23 AM   #1772 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Banned
 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,951
Representing:
Default

a "snot cold" TGIF
Headlines for Feb 13th...

Silent no more

‘It is where evil entered the world’: House where Adolf Hitler was born in 1889 still plagues Austrian village

Paris Aims to Embrace Its Estranged Suburbs

A Forest’s Family Roots Stand in a Pipeline’s Path
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-16-2015, 09:53 AM   #1773 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Banned
 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,951
Representing:
Default

Happy Family Day
Headlines for Feb 16th...

Egypt warplanes strike IS in Libya after grisly killing of Christian hostages

How Putin is priming Russia for nuclear stand-off with the West

Collider hopes for a 'super' restart

'I may go to Mars and never come back'
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-16-2015, 11:15 AM   #1774 (permalink)
LOG
Is sick and tired of Casey

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 10,741
Representing:
Default

Outbreak of deadly dog disease in B.C. prompts warning | Globalnews.ca
LOG is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-16-2015, 11:48 AM   #1775 (permalink)
Keep it simple

Senior Member
 
Dario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,614
Representing:
Send a message via Skype™ to Dario
Default

dude, thats from 2013, looool
Dario is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-16-2015, 11:57 AM   #1776 (permalink)
LOG
Is sick and tired of Casey

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 10,741
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dario View Post
dude, thats from 2013, looool
Im so dumb!
LOG is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-16-2015, 06:44 PM   #1777 (permalink)
What the?

Senior Member
 
Astraeuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 816
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Very sad, and entirely predictable. And this will not be called terrorism, lone wolf or otherwise.

Chapel Hill shooting: Three young Muslims gunned down in North Carolina family home - Americas - World - The Independent
I condemn this murder to the highest degree! I offer my deepest condolences to the families of the victims of this most heinous crime!

Last edited by Astraeuss; 02-16-2015 at 09:57 PM.
Astraeuss is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-16-2015, 08:48 PM   #1778 (permalink)
What the?

Senior Member
 
Astraeuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 816
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Bo View Post
that's what they claiming but I doubt its just over a parking spot...maybe there was an issue with parking but the killing was hate motivated.

RIP to the 3 victims they seemed like genuine people from their post on twitter and charity work
How can you claim it was hate motivated? Do you have privy to what was going on in his head at the time of the murders? Just saying it's a stretch! Yes he professed to be an anti-theist/atheist on his Facebook page but to jump to the conclusion that this heinous crime was because of his atheism is reaching for a motivation based on hate. There was a longstanding parking issue between the two factions and an argument ensued over that fact, that's the information we have and that's it! Now I understand many have been waiting for something like this to happen so they can point out...AHHHH HA SEE SEE Atheists are bigoted hate filled people this was bound to happen!!! This is already apparent even in this comment section by some above! You have to be smarter than that! Now maybe the man did have hate on his agenda when he killed these people..The fact is we don't know what was going on in his head at the time, and you can't say you do!

Last edited by Astraeuss; 02-16-2015 at 08:52 PM.
Astraeuss is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-16-2015, 10:14 PM   #1779 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 7,055
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraeuss View Post
How can you claim it was hate motivated? Do you have privy to what was going on in his head at the time of the murders? Just saying it's a stretch! Yes he professed to be an anti-theist/atheist on his Facebook page but to jump to the conclusion that this heinous crime was because of his atheism is reaching for a motivation based on hate. There was a longstanding parking issue between the two factions and an argument ensued over that fact, that's the information we have and that's it! Now I understand many have been waiting for something like this to happen so they can point out...AHHHH HA SEE SEE Atheists are bigoted hate filled people this was bound to happen!!! This is already apparent even in this comment section by some above! You have to be smarter than that! Now maybe the man did have hate on his agenda when he killed these people..The fact is we don't know what was going on in his head at the time, and you can't say you do!
and also even if there was hate in his head, does not make it representative of all atheists. Just like how not all Muslims are radicalized.
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 02-16-2015, 10:45 PM   #1780 (permalink)
What the?

Senior Member
 
Astraeuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 816
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
and also even if there was hate in his head, does not make it representative of all atheists. Just like how not all Muslims are radicalized.
Exactly!

I also find it interesting as well how some equate atheists to racists or 'islamophobes' when they criticize Islam. First of all you can not be a racist for criticizing ideas, Islam is a collection of ideas, an ideology if you will. People who follow Islam come from a variety of walks of life from across the globe. There are over 1.2 billion who practice Islam, some are Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, Arab ect... I think some do this to try to silence any kind of criticism of Islam by equating it to racism and hate speech, thus shutting down the debate. Atheism is not about hating any one individual person it's about not agreeing with religious ideology. That's it!
Astraeuss is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24