Graphic Novels, Comics and Movies - Page 66
Old 11-30-2012, 08:15 PM   #1301 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,207
Representing:
Default

I saw you yesterday when I watched the Return of the King (did a LOTR all nighter)
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 11-30-2012, 09:55 PM   #1302 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Banned
 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,951
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
I saw you yesterday when I watched the Return of the King (did a LOTR all nighter)
Lord of all horses...Chief of the Mearas...direct descendent of Felarof
Ever since i first read the books, Shadowfax has held a special place in my heart and mind
Sue and I will be sitting down soon to watch the trilogy... gotta get ourselves prepped for The Hobbit on the 14th...can't wait

Every Christmas (for i don't know how many years now) i reread the books...it's become a tradition for me
I never get tired of the story

A buddy of mine made this sig for me on another forum..too bad we can't use them here


Last edited by Shadowfax; 11-30-2012 at 11:16 PM.
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 12-01-2012, 02:59 PM   #1303 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,207
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
Lord of all horses...Chief of the Mearas...direct descendent of Felarof
Ever since i first read the books, Shadowfax has held a special place in my heart and mind
Sue and I will be sitting down soon to watch the trilogy... gotta get ourselves prepped for The Hobbit on the 14th...can't wait

Every Christmas (for i don't know how many years now) i reread the books...it's become a tradition for me
I never get tired of the story

A buddy of mine made this sig for me on another forum..too bad we can't use them here

nice.

they didn't have to make the hobbit a 2parter but oh well.

cool sig.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 12-01-2012, 04:41 PM   #1304 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Banned
 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,951
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
nice.

they didn't have to make the hobbit a 2parter but oh well.

cool sig.
Pretty sure it's 3
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 12-01-2012, 05:15 PM   #1305 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,207
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
Pretty sure it's 3
wow, 3 movies for 1 book. maybe LOTR should've been 9 movies then.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 12-03-2012, 12:16 PM   #1306 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Banned
 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,951
Representing:
Default

another Great Page...X-Men #98

Quote:
One of the joys of Marvel Comics is their willingness to put their fictional characters into real locations. This page, which has the new X-Men team hanging out in Rockefeller Plaza, is no exception. It gave readers a quintessential New York City Christmas backdrop and plopped the X-Men right in the middle of it. Chris Claremont and Dave Cockrum gave their characters a brief moment of respite among their battles against aliens, Sentinels, evil mutants, and even other members of their own group. It’s a wonderful little scene full of friends, family, and good cheer. Of course, this being a superhero comic, the tranquility wouldn’t last long.

Dave Cockrum nailed the look of Rockefeller Plaza. He also kept our heroes looking distinct enough even though they are all in civilian garb, something that’s a bit harder than it looks. He also managed to sneak in a small Nick Fury cameo. Chris Claremont allowed his narration boxes to express his frustration with the recession that the United States was still mired in during the winter of 1975 though it ended on a hopeful note. Both found the true spirit of Christmas with this page and invited readers along for the festivities.



Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 12-04-2012, 01:27 AM   #1307 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,591
Representing:
Default



Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 12-04-2012, 02:55 AM   #1308 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,018
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
Lord of all horses...Chief of the Mearas...direct descendent of Felarof
Ever since i first read the books, Shadowfax has held a special place in my heart and mind
Sue and I will be sitting down soon to watch the trilogy... gotta get ourselves prepped for The Hobbit on the 14th...can't wait

Every Christmas (for i don't know how many years now) i reread the books...it's become a tradition for me
I never get tired of the story

A buddy of mine made this sig for me on another forum..too bad we can't use them here

Your such a geek SF. That sig is older than some people that post here. Oh and don't ever change
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 12-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #1309 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Banned
 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,951
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS View Post
Your such a geek SF. That sig is older than some people that post here. Oh and don't ever change
guilty as charged my friend ...and i'm too old to change now


^still not sure whether i like or dislike that Superman outfit^
they've been incredibly tight-lipped about the movie...i did run across a gif that was made from leaked footage a while back, but it has virtually disappeared since then...it was very short, but pretty cool footage (Superman was being thrown thru a wall)
really looking forward to seeing the film
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 12-04-2012, 10:54 AM   #1310 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Banned
 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,951
Representing:
Default

a curious decision if you ask me...but i like Jamie Fox so i'll be interested to see where this goes

Jamie Foxx on Electro's Origins in The Amazing Spider-Man Sequel

Quote:
Following studio confirmation earlier today that Jamie Foxx will be playing Electro in Marc Webb's upcoming sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man comes, via ET, details from the actor himself about the role.

"[He's a] genius electrician-type person," Foxx says, "and he gets the short end of the stick from the whole world... [T]he next thing you know, he turns it on."

Though the character of Electro has never definitively appeared on the big screen, some fan speculation has suggested that the mysterious figure (played by Michael Massee) featured in The Amazing Spider-Man's end credits was, in fact, our first look at the character. First appearing in 1964's "The Amazing Spider-Man" #9, Electro's real name is Max Dillon and he gained his powers after a freak accident while working on a electrical line.

Foxx joins Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Shailene Woodley and Dane DeHaan in the May 2, 2014 release.
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 12-04-2012, 08:11 PM   #1311 (permalink)
Follow @torraptorsforum on twitter

Senior Member

 
box92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,853
Representing:
Default

Hey shadow, quick question, I am thinking of getting a bunch of the variants for the amazing spider man final issue, no the joe covers, too much money for me. But it would be done more of an investment standpoint, because I focus more on x-men anyways. I was wondering if it would be good to pre order and buy them from ebay, or to wait and get them from ebay after people cgc them
box92 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 12-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #1312 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Banned
 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,951
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by box1992 View Post
Hey shadow, quick question, I am thinking of getting a bunch of the variants for the amazing spider man final issue, no the joe covers, too much money for me. But it would be done more of an investment standpoint, because I focus more on x-men anyways. I was wondering if it would be good to pre order and buy them from ebay, or to wait and get them from ebay after people cgc them
not sure what you mean by "no the joe covers"...(Quesada ??)


these are going to be tough to find my friend
pretty sure Marvel is releasing 7 variants ??

Steve Ditko
Anniversary
Marcos Martin
Ramos Wraparound
Olivier Coipel
Joe Quesada
J. Scott Campbell

i would suggest going to your LCS and inquire about ordering thru them first...see what they can do for you
or try to find an online store that will preorder for you (i'll look around for one and will pm you if i'm successful)

bottom line...even the regular edition (Garcin cover) is going to fly off the shelves
whatever you do, do it now...don't wait...prices are only going to go up (and quickly)

Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 12-05-2012, 10:50 AM   #1313 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Banned
 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,951
Representing:
Default

pull list and essential comics for Nov 5th...

iFanboy

Comic Vine
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 12-05-2012, 02:23 PM   #1314 (permalink)
Follow @torraptorsforum on twitter

Senior Member

 
box92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,853
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
not sure what you mean by "no the joe covers"...(Quesada ??)


these are going to be tough to find my friend
pretty sure Marvel is releasing 7 variants ??

Steve Ditko
Anniversary
Marcos Martin
Ramos Wraparound
Olivier Coipel
Joe Quesada
J. Scott Campbell

i would suggest going to your LCS and inquire about ordering thru them first...see what they can do for you
or try to find an online store that will preorder for you (i'll look around for one and will pm you if i'm successful)

bottom line...even the regular edition (Garcin cover) is going to fly off the shelves
whatever you do, do it now...don't wait...prices are only going to go up (and quickly)

ye the quesada covers are too much.

is this too much

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #700 5 COVER VARIANTS - (WWS) HUGE Event!! | eBay

it comes up close to a 100 bucks for those 5 variants I found it cheaper for 60 including shipping a couple days ago but that is done
box92 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 12-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #1315 (permalink)
Follow @torraptorsforum on twitter

Senior Member

 
box92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,853
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
not sure what you mean by "no the joe covers"...(Quesada ??)


these are going to be tough to find my friend
pretty sure Marvel is releasing 7 variants ??

Steve Ditko
Anniversary
Marcos Martin
Ramos Wraparound
Olivier Coipel
Joe Quesada
J. Scott Campbell

i would suggest going to your LCS and inquire about ordering thru them first...see what they can do for you
or try to find an online store that will preorder for you (i'll look around for one and will pm you if i'm successful)

bottom line...even the regular edition (Garcin cover) is going to fly off the shelves
whatever you do, do it now...don't wait...prices are only going to go up (and quickly)

I actually just found one on ebay for 40 bucks + 16 for priority shipping, I picked it up as there was only one set left. Do you think it was a good deal? I got

Coipel Variant
Marcos Martin Variant
50th Anniversary Variant
Humberto Ramos Wraparound Variant
Regular cover
box92 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 12-05-2012, 03:27 PM   #1316 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,207
Representing:
Default

can't wait to get that issue. i think #500 might be my fav comic ever.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 12-05-2012, 05:13 PM   #1317 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Banned
 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,951
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by box1992 View Post
I actually just found one on ebay for 40 bucks + 16 for priority shipping, I picked it up as there was only one set left. Do you think it was a good deal? I got

Coipel Variant
Marcos Martin Variant
50th Anniversary Variant
Humberto Ramos Wraparound Variant
Regular cover
Ya, i'd say that's a VERY good deal..congrats
Btw...love that Ramos wraparound...it's badass

Edit...forgot to ask...have you picked up the All New X-Men issues yet ?

Last edited by Shadowfax; 12-05-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 12-05-2012, 05:46 PM   #1318 (permalink)
Follow @torraptorsforum on twitter

Senior Member

 
box92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,853
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
Ya, i'd say that's a VERY good deal..congrats
Btw...love that Ramos wraparound...it's badass

Edit...forgot to ask...have you picked up the All New X-Men issues yet ?
my favourite on is the martin one, with the city placed vertically, want to cgc that one. and not yet, heard it is prety good though, I am done exams in waterloo on the 15th, so when I head back to mississauga, imma go buy it
box92 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 12-05-2012, 10:57 PM   #1319 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Banned
 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,951
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by box1992 View Post
my favourite on is the martin one, with the city placed vertically, want to cgc that one. and not yet, heard it is prety good though, I am done exams in waterloo on the 15th, so when I head back to mississauga, imma go buy it
Actually, the Martin is my favourite as well..it would be the perfect cover to get some autographs signed to it...if you could manage to hunt down even 5 of those names, that comic would be worth a boatload of cash

I think you'll really like the "All New" series...the writing (Bendis) has been very good so far..and i love Immonen's artwork
I recommend checking it out...only at 3rd issue (released today) and i'd give all 3 a rating of 8.5
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 12-05-2012, 11:11 PM   #1320 (permalink)
Follow @torraptorsforum on twitter

Senior Member

 
box92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,853
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
Actually, the Martin is my favourite as well..it would be the perfect cover to get some autographs signed to it...if you could manage to hunt down even 5 of those names, that comic would be worth a boatload of cash

I think you'll really like the "All New" series...the writing (Bendis) has been very good so far..and i love Immonen's artwork
I recommend checking it out...only at 3rd issue (released today) and i'd give all 3 a rating of 8.5
ye I have heard good reviews of it on another site, cannot wait to get them when I head back. And ye, I would love to get some signatures on that
box92 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24