Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Entertainment Lounge (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f9/)
-   -   Getting donations from people (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f9/getting-donations-people-21015.html)

th3answ3r 08-29-2011 11:15 AM

Getting donations from people
 
I am participating in the canadian breast cancer foundation run for the cure and need to get sponsored. What is the best way to get donations? I am running a booth at Market Village this weekend to spread awareness but I doubt that the community there is going to donate.

Should I go door to door? stand in front of a Loblaws?

The marathon is October 2nd and my goal is $150

jeffb 08-29-2011 11:18 AM

Hit up family + friends then do door to door.

Superjudge 08-29-2011 11:24 AM

door to door and you're done in 2 hours.

th3answ3r 08-29-2011 11:41 AM

I think i should try another neighrborhood because I went to every house in my neighborhood in Grade 6 for Heart and Stroke and I got $15. Not trying to say anything bad about the neighborhood but I think my time can be better spent somewhere else.

jeffb 08-29-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by th3answ3r (Post 568158)
I think i should try another neighrborhood because I went to every house in my neighborhood in Grade 6 for Heart and Stroke and I got $15. Not trying to say anything bad about the neighborhood but I think my time can be better spent somewhere else.

What area do you live in?

th3answ3r 08-29-2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 568160)
What area do you live in?

Woodbine and 16th. It's behind Buttonville airport with about 200 townhouses. I remember one guy telling me to get the hell out lol. Perhaps I was really small and everyone thought I would take the money for myself?

jeffb 08-29-2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by th3answ3r (Post 568162)
Woodbine and 16th. It's behind Buttonville airport with about 200 townhouses. I remember one guy telling me to get the hell out lol. Perhaps I was really small and everyone thought I would take the money for myself?

Maybe try going into Richmondhill. Alot of nice neighborhoods there and maybe your luck would change? That or maybe go south of 14th avenue in North Scarborough/South Markham area?

Go stand outside of T&T at Warden/Steeles. That place is insanely busy! lol

'trane 08-29-2011 12:00 PM

you need to be able to show people that what you are doing is legit. dress nice, be polite and well-spoken, have paperwork to back it up, tell them whether or not they get a charitable donation receipt.

and go mostly to rich neighbourhoods.

INSIDER 08-29-2011 12:25 PM

what trane said...
if you come to my door dressed like a bum with your hand out asking for money (without any paperwork), i'm closing the door on your face before you can say a word.

but if you come to the door dressed nicely, well spoken, with legitimate paperwork showing that what you are doing is awesome (which it is), than i'll definitely give you some money.

Barracuda 08-29-2011 12:39 PM

Bring a cute chick with you when ya do it. Appeal to everyone.

th3answ3r 08-29-2011 01:40 PM

Is a CBCF pin and an pledge envelope enough proof?

jeffb 08-29-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by th3answ3r (Post 568183)
Is a CBCF pin and an pledge envelope enough proof?

Maybe print off something on the subject and hand it to people and know the statistics on the subject. Take an hour of your time before hand to be prepared and you'll save time down the road. It'll pay off.

'trane 08-29-2011 01:50 PM

for me, barely. is this through school? if so, a student card showing the school it's being run through would go a long way. people want to know that someone is accountable for this.

th3answ3r 08-29-2011 02:27 PM

im doing a community service project that is run by me and 6 other high schoolers. A rep of CBCF emailed us saying they will help us run a booth at Market village and that we will act as a representative of them this weekend. I can give a tax receipt but that's about it because the website just gives a donation form for people that want a tax receipt.

js12 08-29-2011 05:11 PM

And I also suggest the library. A lot of parents take their kids there.

Renihan_00 08-29-2011 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by th3answ3r (Post 568137)
I am participating in the canadian breast cancer foundation run for the cure and need to get sponsored. What is the best way to get donations? I am running a booth at Market Village this weekend to spread awareness but I doubt that the community there is going to donate.

Should I go door to door? stand in front of a Loblaws?

The marathon is October 2nd and my goal is $150

I'll give you $20.

Give me your email.

th3answ3r 08-29-2011 10:12 PM

How will you give $ through email?

Nites 08-30-2011 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INSIDER (Post 568176)
what trane said...
if you come to my door dressed like a bum with your hand out asking for money (without any paperwork), i'm closing the door on your face before you can say a word.

but if you come to the door dressed nicely, well spoken, with legitimate paperwork showing that what you are doing is awesome (which it is), than i'll definitely give you some money.

The best thing to do is dress up in a nice black suit and head out early Saturday morning around 9:00am and go door to door.

Renihan_00 08-30-2011 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by th3answ3r (Post 568255)
How will you give $ through email?

Email money transfer?

What is this the 90's? Haha

th3answ3r 08-30-2011 11:01 AM

Do i have to make an account for that to work? I think I have a bank account but its not linked to my email. Could you try paypal?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24