fishing anyone? - Page 3
Old 05-22-2014, 01:43 PM   #41 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8,205
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
You were really close to my place. There is no shore fishing around there, and it's too shallow anyways. If you want to know about fishing in that area check out Home | Cook's Bay Fishing Board .
thanks!
LOG is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:15 PM   #42 (permalink)
is not changing this sig until we win a playoff series

everyones a critic
 
th3answ3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,304
Representing:
Default

don't u need a license to fish? I went fishing on national fishing day i think several times as a kid, even bought a starter kit. Feels so long ago
th3answ3r is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:27 PM   #43 (permalink)
a nacho hound

Senior Member
 
Toby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South of Portland, home of the Blazers
Posts: 5,020
Representing:
Default

use a drop shot setup for the big fish.

I caught the biggest bass of my life, by dipping my grub lure in corn chowder. Haven't tried clam chowder. Maybe? hmmmmmm
Toby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:44 PM   #44 (permalink)
a nacho hound

Senior Member
 
Toby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South of Portland, home of the Blazers
Posts: 5,020
Representing:
Default



I just use a single with about a 6 inch liter
I've tied the liter directly to the bottom of the spinner, and gotten great results as well.
Toby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 01:05 AM   #45 (permalink)
finding your post helpful

Senior Member
 
LightsOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,415
Representing:
Default

I read this as fucking anyone? hahaha
LightsOut is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 12:24 PM   #46 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8,205
Representing:
Default

So I caught a trout In lake simcoe today
I didn't even know there was trout there, and I thought they were suppose to live in cold water deep in the lake. I caught it from the shore..
LOG is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 01:21 PM   #47 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,902
Representing:
Default

what's the best way to start fishing? With the right music, I feel it can be a very relaxing experience. Books as well.
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:01 PM   #48 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,567
Representing:
Default

Buy a rod, put a hook and a worm in it. Put it in a lake. Relax.

Music and fishing do not go well together. The fish can feel the vibrations through the boat hull and the water. You want tgem to be oblivious to your presence.
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:19 PM   #49 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8,205
Representing:
Default

don't be so mean 'trane
pzabby: if you really want to learn you need to educate yourself about fishing, read online forums and articles, watch youtube videos. Decide what type of fishing you want to do, don't cheap out on the gear if you are serious about it. for 150ish you can get yourself very respectable rod, reel, bait(s), fishing line etc. If you just want to fuck around buy cheap combo from Canadian tire.
Decide how far are you willing to travel. Read reviews of fishing gear in Bass Pro Shops TALK TO THE PEOPLE WHO WORKS THERE they can definitely help with whatever you need to know. When going fishing make sure to stop by local fishing store and TALK TO THE PERSON WHO WORKS THERE, they will know good local fishing spots and will recommend good bait that works in that lake.
LOG is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:21 PM   #50 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,902
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOG View Post
don't be so mean 'trane
pzabby: if you really want to learn you need to educate yourself about fishing, read online forums and articles, watch youtube videos. Decide what type of fishing you want to do, don't cheap out on the gear if you are serious about it. for 150ish you can get yourself very respectable rod, reel, bait(s), fishing line etc. If you just want to fuck around buy cheap combo from Canadian tire.
Decide how far are you willing to travel. Read reviews of fishing gear in Bass Pro Shops TALK TO THE PEOPLE WHO WORKS THERE they can definitely help with whatever you need to know. When going fishing make sure to stop by local fishing store and TALK TO THE PERSON WHO WORKS THERE, they will know good local fishing spots and will recommend good bait that works in that lake.
Thankyou. This was helpful.
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:22 PM   #51 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,902
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
Buy a rod, put a hook and a worm in it. Put it in a lake. Relax.

Music and fishing do not go well together. The fish can feel the vibrations through the boat hull and the water. You want tgem to be oblivious to your presence.
they can feel vibrations from a cell phone hooked up to ear buds? really?
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:42 PM   #52 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,567
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
they can feel vibrations from a cell phone hooked up to ear buds? really?
No they can't but I would not recommend ear buds when boating. You need to be able to hear what is around you.

And I would give very different advice than log. You can get everything you need in a cheap combo. Dont spend $150 unless you want to get serious. Buy a cheap rod a couple of hooks and a dozen worms. Start there. Dude thinks im being mean but I'm not. I would advise that you spend as little money as possible until you find if it interests you, and then build on that incrementally. The reel is the most important piece of gear. If you splurge anywhere make it on the real. I fish 20-30 times per summer and my main rod cost $25.
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 03:23 PM   #53 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8,205
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
No they can't but I would not recommend ear buds when boating. You need to be able to hear what is around you.

And I would give very different advice than log. You can get everything you need in a cheap combo. Dont spend $150 unless you want to get serious. Buy a cheap rod a couple of hooks and a dozen worms. Start there. Dude thinks im being mean but I'm not. I would advise that you spend as little money as possible until you find if it interests you, and then build on that incrementally. The reel is the most important piece of gear. If you splurge anywhere make it on the real. I fish 20-30 times per summer and my main rod cost $25.
Agree and agree
That's why I said, to be sure he is serious about it before spending a lot of $, However if he is already 100% sure, than buying cheap combo is a waste of money too if you are going to upgrade anyway.
And yea definitely agree about the reel
LOG is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 05:24 PM   #54 (permalink)
a nacho hound

Senior Member
 
Toby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South of Portland, home of the Blazers
Posts: 5,020
Representing:
Default

Got a tip from an older gentleman. You can buy dried meal worms at lawn and garden places. Use one or two of those and a salmon egg, he said it works great for catching trout.
Toby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24