First Job - Page 3
Old 09-19-2011, 11:35 PM   #41 (permalink)
#NorthernUprising

Next year...
 
js12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: T.O.
Posts: 5,535
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post


I was wrong. I was offered that postion i interviewed for last week.

So excited for this opportunity!
Congrats dude.

Does this mean you're not going to be able to make like 30 posts a day.
js12 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:37 PM   #42 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 75,040
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by js12 View Post
Congrats dude.

Does this mean you're not going to be able to make like 30 posts a day.
Why? I make 20 of those from work as it is. lol
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:45 PM   #43 (permalink)
#NorthernUprising

Next year...
 
js12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: T.O.
Posts: 5,535
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Why? I make 20 of those from work as it is. lol
Your bosses don't care?

And some say work is harder than school.
js12 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:47 PM   #44 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 75,040
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by js12 View Post
Your bosses don't care?

And some say work is harder than school.
Boss? I work out of my car. lol
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:50 PM   #45 (permalink)
#NorthernUprising

Next year...
 
js12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: T.O.
Posts: 5,535
Representing:
Default

Oh boy.

js12 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:59 PM   #46 (permalink)
is not changing this sig until we win a playoff series

everyones a critic
 
th3answ3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,316
Representing:
Default

first day at work and my back is sore. My eyes are destroyed.
th3answ3r is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:43 PM   #47 (permalink)
...

herp derp
 
strung_out's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Guelph, ON
Posts: 1,547
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to strung_out
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3answ3r View Post
first day at work and my back is sore. My eyes are destroyed.
what do you do at work?
strung_out is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:46 PM   #48 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 75,040
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strung_out View Post
what do you do at work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3answ3r View Post
I am going to work at CDI computers in 2 weeks

^ OP
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:50 PM   #49 (permalink)
saying Go Bucks, Raptors, 49ers, Reds and Blue Jackets!

Senior Member
 
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 4,853
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post


I was wrong. I was offered that postion i interviewed for last week.

So excited for this opportunity!
Congrats Jeff!
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:13 PM   #50 (permalink)
is not changing this sig until we win a playoff series

everyones a critic
 
th3answ3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,316
Representing:
Default

I need to sit with better posture. The chair is very straight and doesn't lean back. I don't know why my eyes were extremely sore after looking at the monitor for a few hours. I think I was too engaged and focused on the screen that my eyes couldn't take it. Pretty fun though
th3answ3r is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:48 PM   #51 (permalink)
...

herp derp
 
strung_out's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Guelph, ON
Posts: 1,547
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to strung_out
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3answ3r View Post
I need to sit with better posture. The chair is very straight and doesn't lean back. I don't know why my eyes were extremely sore after looking at the monitor for a few hours. I think I was too engaged and focused on the screen that my eyes couldn't take it. Pretty fun though
Just make sure you look away once in a while, even for 30 seconds. make sure you get you take a few steps and walk around once in a while.... trust me.

All my shifts are 12+ hours in front of a computer so I know how harsh it can be. Good luck with the new job (same goes to jeffb) and congrats to you both.
strung_out is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:52 PM   #52 (permalink)
is not changing this sig until we win a playoff series

everyones a critic
 
th3answ3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,316
Representing:
Default

aight thanks. I adjusted the chair so it leans back and it's bearable.

people are really strange tho, they keep staring at me and my friend and ask: woah you know this girl?
th3answ3r is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:04 PM   #53 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,330
Representing:
Default

I would be shocked too.
Gurk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:11 PM   #54 (permalink)
stank

member
 
Someguy again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,387
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3answ3r View Post
aight thanks. I adjusted the chair so it leans back and it's bearable.

people are really strange tho, they keep staring at me and my friend and ask: woah you know this girl?
oh fuck! you are the new kid!
Someguy again is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:27 PM   #55 (permalink)
is all bout dat life

Can't knock the Hustle
 
Nites's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,431
Representing:
Default

Anybody here work for Telus?
Nites is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:03 AM   #56 (permalink)
is not changing this sig until we win a playoff series

everyones a critic
 
th3answ3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,316
Representing:
Default

I know som1 at bell lol ^
th3answ3r is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:34 PM   #57 (permalink)
dead inside

Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Scarborough
Posts: 201
Representing:
Default

Can i ask you guys how did you get your very first job? I'm having a rough time finding work, and i think alot of it is due to not having any work experience. How did you guys get your first jobs without work experience?
simplycrazy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:11 PM   #58 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 75,040
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplycrazy View Post
Can i ask you guys how did you get your very first job? I'm having a rough time finding work, and i think alot of it is due to not having any work experience. How did you guys get your first jobs without work experience?
I got my first job busing tables at a restaurant @ 15. Before that I had a paper route for about a year. I got the job busing tables b/c I had a friend that worked there. Try asking your friends who have a job if they know of any positions available. Besides that, just go in and talk to management and ask if they're hiring. You also need to know not to be too picky. Just get a job fort the experience. Also, I once had a temporary job @ Sears from Oct to January for the Christmas rush. Go to the mall and see if anyone is hiring for the Christams rush. In the next couple weeks they'll surely be looking.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:23 PM   #59 (permalink)
is in the cut

Senior Member
 
Stonezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 9,035
Representing:
Default

Yea my first job was also bussing tables. You just gotta keep tryin' but of course it's best if you know someone
Stonezz is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:09 PM   #60 (permalink)
dead inside

Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Scarborough
Posts: 201
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
I got my first job busing tables at a restaurant @ 15. Before that I had a paper route for about a year. I got the job busing tables b/c I had a friend that worked there. Try asking your friends who have a job if they know of any positions available. Besides that, just go in and talk to management and ask if they're hiring. You also need to know not to be too picky. Just get a job fort the experience. Also, I once had a temporary job @ Sears from Oct to January for the Christmas rush. Go to the mall and see if anyone is hiring for the Christams rush. In the next couple weeks they'll surely be looking.

Im not pickey at all, I'll do anything that doesn't involve sex, drugs and death. I am open to high injury risk, but i think, being 17 im too young to work in a factory. Ill definelty looking into freinds jobs, and that christmas rush may work.
simplycrazy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24