ethical question
Old 11-10-2011, 10:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,877
Representing:
Default ethical question

my closest friends and I (group of five) are planning a grad trip this year. right now, it's between montreal march break madness (breakaway tours) where thousands of students flock to montreal for the break (drinking age 18 ) or cuba in the summer. now in this tour, alot of hookups have happened and it might be cause of the booze, or the atmosphere, or having ur own room, or everything together, but either way, society puts an important claim on losing ur v-card and such and i'm wondering why? ive noticed jeff posting a couple times on why it should be with someone u truly love for the first time, and how he made a mistake, but never really elaborated. discuss
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
stank

member
 
Someguy again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,380
Representing:
Default

i was expecting a post on something like moral relativism
Someguy again is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,877
Representing:
Default

and whys that?
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,625
Representing:
Default

i dunno dude. Everyone's different. You would probably be the best person to answer your own question.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,011
Representing:
Default

montreal you can get carried away with spending money yet cuba is a set price. Both are great places and I'm sure you'll hit both eventually anyways. Both destinations are like the most common for Torontonians
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb
 
Barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,962
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS View Post
montreal you can get carried away with spending money yet cuba is a set price. Both are great places and I'm sure you'll hit both eventually anyways. Both destinations are like the most common for Torontonians
I think what he's trying to say here is that you should always wear a condom. And sleep with someone you care about. Aaaand don't eat yellow snow.
Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan
 
DVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Its jeffb's world we just post in it
Posts: 6,011
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
I think what he's trying to say here is that you should always wear a condom. And sleep with someone you care about. Aaaand don't eat yellow snow.
yes something like that
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,559
Representing:
Default

It's your life, do as you please, and whatever you have to to enjoy it... Simple as that.
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
in a battle for Eeyore's soul! Save him! For the dark side hath cookies!

Member
 
bladeofBG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 429
Representing:
FINALS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
my closest friends and I (group of five) are planning a grad trip this year. right now, it's between montreal march break madness (breakaway tours) where thousands of students flock to montreal for the break (drinking age 18 ) or cuba in the summer. now in this tour, alot of hookups have happened and it might be cause of the booze, or the atmosphere, or having ur own room, or everything together, but either way, society puts an important claim on losing ur v-card and such and i'm wondering why? ive noticed jeff posting a couple times on why it should be with someone u truly love for the first time, and how he made a mistake, but never really elaborated. discuss
Society puts an important emphasis on losing your v-card because corporations make more money out of people having loose morals than they do when folk are waiting. The more you're ready to fuck, means more money for condom companies (as not juss married folk would be buying it), booze companies (they'd make more coin than juss folk buying a cold drink in the summer or on skiing trips with the attraction of it helpin folk get more loose) and so on & so forth.

Anyways, your dilemma is more a moral issue than it is an ethical one. Ethics means how you deal with others, and morals are your personal choices in how you live (which obviously translates in how you deal with others, but it's more than that).

I'm personally still a virgin and I'm 100% happy with it (I'm also turning 34yrs old next month). This has everything to do w/my simple faith in Christ than anything else; now I'm not tryna preach to you or judge you or your friends, but since you're asking, I will encourage you to not give in to what society wants from you regarding your v-card. I've had plenty of opportunity as a I'm a good looking man w/multiple talents that attract the opposite sex & I'm blessed enough that I still look like I'm in my early 20s. I simply find more satisfaction in beating sexual temptations than the pleasure of giving into it; I *LOVE* immersing myself into lookin at beautiful women (their faces, their figures, their everything...nothing is more beautiful in all of God's green earth), but that & flirtations is as far as Imma go.

Go to Montreal with your boys n stuff, have fun, but (since you're already having this debate in yourself) don't take it too far. Enjoy being around beautiful women dressed to kill, perhaps get some digies, but don't take it too far. Practice resisting the atmosphere, so when you're actually into it, you don't get carried away, but still have the type of fun that you won't regret.

Last edited by bladeofBG; 11-11-2011 at 04:20 PM.
bladeofBG is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,877
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofBG View Post
Society puts an important emphasis on losing your v-card because corporations make more money out of people having loose morals than they do when folk are waiting. The more you're ready to fuck, means more money for condom companies (as not juss married folk would be buying it), booze companies (they'd make more coin than juss folk buying a cold drink in the summer or on skiing trips with the attraction of it helpin folk get more loose) and so on & so forth.

Anyways, your dilemma is more a moral issue than it is an ethical one. Ethics means how you deal with others, and morals are your personal choices in how you live (which obviously translates in how you deal with others, but it's more than that).

I'm personally still a virgin and I'm 100% happy with it (I'm also turning 34yrs old next month). This has everything to do w/my simple faith in Christ than anything else; now I'm not tryna preach to you or judge you or your friends, but since you're asking, I will encourage you to not give in to what society wants from you regarding your v-card. I've had plenty of opportunity as a I'm a good looking man w/multiple talents that attract the opposite sex & I'm blessed enough that I still look like I'm in my early 20s. I simply find more satisfaction in beating sexual temptations than the pleasure of giving into it; I *LOVE* immersing myself into lookin at beautiful women (their faces, their figures, their everything...nothing is more beautiful in all of God's green earth), but that & flirtations is as far as Imma go.

Go to Montreal with your boys n stuff, have fun, but (since you're already having this debate in yourself) don't take it too far. Enjoy being around beautiful women dressed to kill, perhaps get some digies, but don't take it too far. Practice resisting the atmosphere, so when you're actually into it, you don't get carried away, but still have the type of fun that you won't regret.
i respect your answer, but really it hasnt answered why i shouldnt. if its simply because of god, christ, religion, etc then it really doesnt matter for me. im not giving into societal expectations or what not, i just want some. is there any other reason i'd regret it?

and 'cuda, why shouldnt i sleep with someone i dont care about is my real question. I mean whats the significance because i honestly dont see it. its just another act which supposedly feels awesome..
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Captain Ding Dong
 
Aar_Canada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St.Catharines
Posts: 4,924
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofBG View Post
Society puts an important emphasis on losing your v-card because corporations make more money out of people having loose morals than they do when folk are waiting. The more you're ready to fuck, means more money for condom companies (as not juss married folk would be buying it), booze companies (they'd make more coin than juss folk buying a cold drink in the summer or on skiing trips with the attraction of it helpin folk get more loose) and so on & so forth.

Anyways, your dilemma is more a moral issue than it is an ethical one. Ethics means how you deal with others, and morals are your personal choices in how you live (which obviously translates in how you deal with others, but it's more than that).

I'm personally still a virgin and I'm 100% happy with it (I'm also turning 34yrs old next month). This has everything to do w/my simple faith in Christ than anything else; now I'm not tryna preach to you or judge you or your friends, but since you're asking, I will encourage you to not give in to what society wants from you regarding your v-card. I've had plenty of opportunity as a I'm a good looking man w/multiple talents that attract the opposite sex & I'm blessed enough that I still look like I'm in my early 20s. I simply find more satisfaction in beating sexual temptations than the pleasure of giving into it; I *LOVE* immersing myself into lookin at beautiful women (their faces, their figures, their everything...nothing is more beautiful in all of God's green earth), but that & flirtations is as far as Imma go.

Go to Montreal with your boys n stuff, have fun, but (since you're already having this debate in yourself) don't take it too far. Enjoy being around beautiful women dressed to kill, perhaps get some digies, but don't take it too far. Practice resisting the atmosphere, so when you're actually into it, you don't get carried away, but still have the type of fun that you won't regret.
How do you know if you've never given in?

And it's not corporations, it's our sex drive, our bodies, our minds. Simple. Gah, have sex dude.
Aar_Canada is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
LX
with pink peppercorns

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,549
Representing:
Default

Just fuck safe and fuck consensually, if it feels right. Forget about what it means to society. It's all about you and your partner needing to figure out what you want and expect.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb
 
Barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,962
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
i respect your answer, but really it hasnt answered why i shouldnt. if its simply because of god, christ, religion, etc then it really doesnt matter for me. im not giving into societal expectations or what not, i just want some. is there any other reason i'd regret it?

and 'cuda, why shouldnt i sleep with someone i dont care about is my real question. I mean whats the significance because i honestly dont see it. its just another act which supposedly feels awesome..
Well, then do whatcha gotta.

Just don't hurt anyone. Don't make a girl think you care about her if you don't. To some people there's no "significance", as you said... but to some people, there's quite a bit.

And if you end up with a girl who doesn't care that you're only in it to get laid, you still have to be careful. It likely means she's, uh... done it before. And you never know where another person has been. Wear a condom, no matter what.

I don't know how old you are, but I'm assuming you know the importance of that. If you don't, you aren't ready. Plain and simple. Diseases happen, babies happen... that takes the "fun" out of a random lay, my friend. It can be a serious thing.
Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Captain Ding Dong
 
Aar_Canada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St.Catharines
Posts: 4,924
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
i respect your answer, but really it hasnt answered why i shouldnt. if its simply because of god, christ, religion, etc then it really doesnt matter for me. im not giving into societal expectations or what not, i just want some. is there any other reason i'd regret it?

and 'cuda, why shouldnt i sleep with someone i dont care about is my real question. I mean whats the significance because i honestly dont see it. its just another act which supposedly feels awesome..
Sometimes, I think the people who might feel bad about it feel that way because they feel ashamed which means they care too much about what other people might think. It's more common with women because society likes to throw around a couple words - slut and whore - to demean and control them. If you're comfortable with yourself and don't give two craps what other people might think, go for it.
Aar_Canada is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Captain Ding Dong
 
Aar_Canada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St.Catharines
Posts: 4,924
Representing:
Default

And er, what 'Cuda posted at the same time as me.
Aar_Canada is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
........

Senior Member
 
MrClutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 2,370
Representing:
Default

When the time comes and your with a girl and things are picking up, follow what your conscience tells you. If it doesnt feel right, then I'm sure you'll feel guilty continuing but if not then enjoy your night
MrClutch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:53 PM   #17 (permalink)
in a battle for Eeyore's soul! Save him! For the dark side hath cookies!

Member
 
bladeofBG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 429
Representing:
FINALS

@ pzabby

Well I'm not related to you, nor do we share a common faith, nor are we close friends, so there's little else I can share w/you on the matter without getting too personal.

Other than that, there are two things I'd mention (which I readily admit are in line w/my faith, but also clearly seperate from it). One is to watch the 2004 remake of 'The Stepford Wives.' I think it's an underrated movie which went underfunded by hollywood & it somewhat surprises me that it's not remembered (though perhaps that's juss the sci-fi & religious geek in me); I saw it for the first time earlier this week. Basically, women aren't robots; but reducing them to random-fuck encounters is akin treating them as such.

The second is this: Remember Wilt Chamberlain? We're all die-hard NBA fans so I'm sure you do. The dude has most likely fucked more girls than any man in the history of our planet, and even wrote a book about it. But I learned something about him from the local paper when he died 12yrs ago. And that is in a August 1998 interview with him, he said (something to the exact effect of) "All you folk today thinking it's cool to sleep with all these different women, let me tell you, it's way more fulfilling to sleep with one woman consistently, over a long period of time."

Edit: Found the link of Wilt's original quote. It's the last paragraph in this link:
http://static.espn.go.com/nba/news/1...12/110905.html

Wilt Quote: ""With all of you men out there who think that having a thousand different ladies is pretty cool, I have learned in my life I've found out that having one woman a thousand different times is much more satisfying."


@ Aar_Canada

The barometer of absolute freedom of 'choice' is how you know if you've resisted or not.

You're right on that point you made, that it's ultimately our decisions more than it is corporations. However I mentioned corporations because many of them don't hesitate to exploit human weakness & the things that can & do happen when a lack of discipline reigns. So given the nature of pzabby's original question, I feel I'm as right as you in my mention of corporations.

Last edited by bladeofBG; 11-12-2011 at 12:15 AM.
bladeofBG is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:24 AM   #18 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,877
Representing:
Default

thanks everyone for the input, its been actually a big help
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:33 PM   #19 (permalink)
Unacceptable?! Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch!

Get off my lawn
 
Renihan_00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,355
Representing:
Default

You are the only person that has to live with your decisions.

Do whatever you want......but wrap it up if you do.
Renihan_00 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:01 AM   #20 (permalink)
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!
 
Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,843
Representing:
Default

Bill Haverchuck is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24