Blackberry - Page 3
Old 01-15-2011, 03:48 AM   #41 (permalink)
...

Resident Mavs Fan
 
10gizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,118
Representing:
Default

I have the Iphone 4G.

Not really big into apps and all that jazz. I have a few but mostly to get quick news/information.

It does everything I need it to do and has been pretty reliable so I can't complain.

A buddy of mine works for RIM so I got to screw around with the Torch before it came out...great device too. I agree with the general sentiment about BB greatly relying on the whole instant messaging aspect, but it all comes down to preference.

I'd ditch them both to grab a classic Nokia 8800...Badass.
10gizzle is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 08:59 AM   #42 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 69,788
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007nites View Post
I'm looking for my dads Motorola flip phone from 1996. I'll post a pic if I find it.



Comparing it side by side to my old Razor.
I've had both phones.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:06 PM   #43 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Senior Member
 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 5th Dimension
Posts: 9,333
Representing:
Default

after looking at that Motorola i thought it might be interesting to see where cell phones might be headed in our not too distant future

do yourselves a favour and check out this link...pretty amazing stuff

Future Phones: The 17 Coolest Concept Cell Phones
Shadowfax is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 04:52 PM   #44 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,526
Representing:
Default

buying a phone because my sony ericson xperia x10 got stolen. really a bittersweet ending cause i lost all my contacts but i wanted an out from my contract anyways haha. anyways, i need opinions on what phone to buy. android preferred, and a phone that rogers supplies. so long as the price for a 3 year term isnt more than 150 its good but the cheaper the better.
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:00 PM   #45 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,409
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
buying a phone because my sony ericson xperia x10 got stolen. really a bittersweet ending cause i lost all my contacts but i wanted an out from my contract anyways haha. anyways, i need opinions on what phone to buy. android preferred, and a phone that rogers supplies. so long as the price for a 3 year term isnt more than 150 its good but the cheaper the better.
Samsung Nexus S, thats your best option imo, 99.99 + tax for it. Also its a pretty new phone, and what I currently own.
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:40 PM   #46 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,526
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiggmo View Post
Samsung Nexus S, thats your best option imo, 99.99 + tax for it. Also its a pretty new phone, and what I currently own.
yea i saw it. though i read the comments and i didnt like what i see, which is why im hesitating. hows the battery life? touch screen? and is it updated regularly? last but most important, hows the call quality. can you hear them properly and vice versa?
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:49 PM   #47 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 20,643
Representing:
Default

I think all Samsung phones are pretty good. You can check out the Samsung Galaxy as well. I have a Samsung Wave and the phone is awesome. Also, some other friends have the Galaxy and I hear nothing but good stuff. I highly recommend Samsung phones
Gurk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:04 PM   #48 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,409
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
yea i saw it. though i read the comments and i didnt like what i see, which is why im hesitating. hows the battery life? touch screen? and is it updated regularly? last but most important, hows the call quality. can you hear them properly and vice versa?
Battery life is above average if you actually know how to use smart phones and conserve their battery life properly, but if you're always using it like most people seem to its the same as most phones. Yes it's a touch screen. As its a new phone, yes its updated as regularly as it needs to be, and gets full support as it needs it. Call quality is pretty good, I've personally never had any problems other than when I'm in noisy places as my hearing isn't the greatest already.

Overall its a very nice phone in the time I've had it, but I get new phones 1-2 months as its a perk of my job.

And if you're hesitant about the Nexus S, do what Gurk said and check out the Galaxy, very good phone as well.
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:07 PM   #49 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,526
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiggmo View Post
Battery life is above average if you actually know how to use smart phones and conserve their battery life properly, but if you're always using it like most people seem to its the same as most phones. Yes it's a touch screen. As its a new phone, yes its updated as regularly as it needs to be, and gets full support as it needs it. Call quality is pretty good, I've personally never had any problems other than when I'm in noisy places as my hearing isn't the greatest already.

Overall its a very nice phone in the time I've had it, but I get new phones 1-2 months as its a perk of my job.

And if you're hesitant about the Nexus S, do what Gurk said and check out the Galaxy, very good phone as well.
i asked touch screen as in how is it? does it react well? does it lag?
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:33 PM   #50 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,409
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
i asked touch screen as in how is it? does it react well? does it lag?
Ya thats kinda what I figured you meant, but I wasn't sure lol. But yes it reacts very well, and never had any real lag with it yet personally other than maybe once when I was tryin to do 19283 things at once.
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:47 PM   #51 (permalink)
is all bout dat life

Can't knock the Hustle
 
Nites's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 13,534
Representing:
Default

My Samsung Galaxy S just crapped out on me yesterday. Luckily I'm still within the 1 year warranty. Hopefully it can get repaired. If not...
Nites is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:59 PM   #52 (permalink)
adoring his baby girl.

Senior Member
 
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada eh?
Posts: 3,288
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
buying a phone because my sony ericson xperia x10 got stolen. really a bittersweet ending cause i lost all my contacts but i wanted an out from my contract anyways haha. anyways, i need opinions on what phone to buy. android preferred, and a phone that rogers supplies. so long as the price for a 3 year term isnt more than 150 its good but the cheaper the better.
Bummer. I have an x10 and I love it. I've been running custom Rom's for months now. Currently a custom gingerbread setup with a lot of performance tweaks...the phone screams now. Have you checked out the Arc? It's not the best phone on the market now, but it's a pretty powerful device and theres' a lot of development going on for it.
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:43 PM   #53 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,526
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick, Wicked and Nasty! View Post
Bummer. I have an x10 and I love it. I've been running custom Rom's for months now. Currently a custom gingerbread setup with a lot of performance tweaks...the phone screams now. Have you checked out the Arc? It's not the best phone on the market now, but it's a pretty powerful device and theres' a lot of development going on for it.
to be honest, i hated the x10. biggest problem for me was the call quality. TERRIBLE. cause of this im planning to stay away from sony for a while, i know its dumb but im just somewhat turned off. im looking more towards htc and samsung but rogers doesnt have a good selection of htc so prrobably samsung
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:12 PM   #54 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,409
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
to be honest, i hated the x10. biggest problem for me was the call quality. TERRIBLE. cause of this im planning to stay away from sony for a while, i know its dumb but im just somewhat turned off. im looking more towards htc and samsung but rogers doesnt have a good selection of htc so prrobably samsung
Pzab, new phones for rogers literally just hit the market, so take a look at them if you want, I don't know much about any of them yet except the LG optimus which I've got to use for about 2-3 days (was supposed to get it 2 weeks ago, but they're stupid). I'd say check em out if you haven't decided yet.

As far as price between the 3 new phones, best for your buck (and is the cheaper of the 3) is the one I just mentioned, the LG optimus 3D. If not, get the Evo, from the rep I deal with that has used the Samsung phone is that its overhyped.

EDIT: Sorry, Evo and Optimus are pre-orders, and coming out the end of the month.

Last edited by Chiggmo; 08-08-2011 at 08:47 PM.
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:04 PM   #55 (permalink)
adoring his baby girl.

Senior Member
 
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada eh?
Posts: 3,288
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
to be honest, i hated the x10. biggest problem for me was the call quality. TERRIBLE. cause of this im planning to stay away from sony for a while, i know its dumb but im just somewhat turned off. im looking more towards htc and samsung but rogers doesnt have a good selection of htc so prrobably samsung
That sucks. I've never had that issue.
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:53 PM   #56 (permalink)
is all bout dat life

Can't knock the Hustle
 
Nites's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 13,534
Representing:
Default

Samsung Galaxy 2 is the best phone out there right now by far.

Dual Core 1.2GHZ Processor
1GB Ram
8MP Camera, Auto Focus, LED Flash, 2MP Secondary Camera
1080P Recording Capabilities at 30fps
4.3 inch screen, 480 x 800 pixels
Weighs 116g
16GB/32GB Internal Storage w/micro SD up to 32GB
1650maH Battery
The Galaxy S2 is the slimmest cellphone availible

Last edited by Nites; 08-08-2011 at 11:58 PM.
Nites is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:45 AM   #57 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,526
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007nites View Post
Samsung Galaxy 2 is the best phone out there right now by far.

Dual Core 1.2GHZ Processor
1GB Ram
8MP Camera, Auto Focus, LED Flash, 2MP Secondary Camera
1080P Recording Capabilities at 30fps
4.3 inch screen, 480 x 800 pixels
Weighs 116g
16GB/32GB Internal Storage w/micro SD up to 32GB
1650maH Battery
The Galaxy S2 is the slimmest cellphone availible
does rogers have it right now?
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:02 PM   #58 (permalink)
adoring his baby girl.

Senior Member
 
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada eh?
Posts: 3,288
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007nites View Post
Samsung Galaxy 2 is the best phone out there right now by far.

Dual Core 1.2GHZ Processor
1GB Ram
8MP Camera, Auto Focus, LED Flash, 2MP Secondary Camera
1080P Recording Capabilities at 30fps
4.3 inch screen, 480 x 800 pixels
Weighs 116g
16GB/32GB Internal Storage w/micro SD up to 32GB
1650maH Battery
The Galaxy S2 is the slimmest cellphone availible
Agreed...as much as I love my phone I'm drooling over those specs.
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:16 PM   #59 (permalink)
is all bout dat life

Can't knock the Hustle
 
Nites's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 13,534
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
does rogers have it right now?
Unfortunately they don't yet.
Nites is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:17 PM   #60 (permalink)
is all bout dat life

Can't knock the Hustle
 
Nites's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 13,534
Representing:
Default

Samsung Galaxy S 2 tweets from Mount Everest peak - uSwitch.com
Nites is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24