Best Shows on TV? - Page 68
Old 10-08-2011, 10:38 AM   #1341 (permalink)
Mean Muggin with his son

Swollen Member
 
b55bgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Rock AKA Newfoundland
Posts: 1,400
Representing:
Default

Breaking BAD Spoiler Below........SPOILER ALERT.........(for those who havent seen the second last episode)


Was wondering.. ANyone have ideas on who poisons brock??? Myself I think it was walt.
b55bgc is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:54 AM   #1342 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b55bgc View Post
Breaking BAD Spoiler Below........SPOILER ALERT.........(for those who havent seen the second last episode)


Was wondering.. ANyone have ideas on who poisons brock??? Myself I think it was walt.
Its either Walt or Gus because the writers never come up with something out of left field... could be Mike though
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:56 PM   #1343 (permalink)
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb
 
Barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,962
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b55bgc View Post
Breaking BAD Spoiler Below........SPOILER ALERT.........(for those who havent seen the second last episode)


Was wondering.. ANyone have ideas on who poisons brock??? Myself I think it was walt.
I don't think they'd ever have Walt hurt a kid. Had to be Gus or Mike (which is the same as it being Gus).
Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:21 PM   #1344 (permalink)
Mean Muggin with his son

Swollen Member
 
b55bgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Rock AKA Newfoundland
Posts: 1,400
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
I don't think they'd ever have Walt hurt a kid. Had to be Gus or Mike (which is the same as it being Gus).
You have to remember what this show is about. Walt is heading to gus territory. He is only a couple of steps away. To show the natural progression of walt becoming bad... my hypothesis is that is was Walt.
b55bgc is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:37 PM   #1345 (permalink)
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb
 
Barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,962
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b55bgc View Post
You have to remember what this show is about. Walt is heading to gus territory. He is only a couple of steps away. To show the natural progression of walt becoming bad... my hypothesis is that is was Walt.
I do remember what the show is about. And maybe you're right, but I'd say it's more about Jesse becoming like Walt/Gus. Walt is definitely sinking into major desperation, but I still think it was Gus or one of his cronies.

But who knows! We'll see

Is this the last season?
Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:47 PM   #1346 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
I do remember what the show is about. And maybe you're right, but I'd say it's more about Jesse becoming like Walt/Gus. Walt is definitely sinking into major desperation, but I still think it was Gus or one of his cronies.

But who knows! We'll see

Is this the last season?
one more season
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:50 AM   #1347 (permalink)
Mean Muggin with his son

Swollen Member
 
b55bgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Rock AKA Newfoundland
Posts: 1,400
Representing:
Default

Breaking Bad Season 4 Spoiler.


I said it would be walt. What a F'n Finale. Best show on the go, and one of the best season finales.

What do they have up their sleeve for a Series Finale? My guess is a Walt Vs. Hank season.
b55bgc is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:29 AM   #1348 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b55bgc View Post
Breaking Bad Season 4 Spoiler.


I said it would be walt. What a F'n Finale. Best show on the go, and one of the best season finales.

What do they have up their sleeve for a Series Finale? My guess is a Walt Vs. Hank season.
you forgot Mike

Mike and Jessie against Walt and Hank
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:13 AM   #1349 (permalink)
Mean Muggin with his son

Swollen Member
 
b55bgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Rock AKA Newfoundland
Posts: 1,400
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
you forgot Mike

Mike and Jessie against Walt and Hank
touche'
b55bgc is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:14 AM   #1350 (permalink)
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb
 
Barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,962
Representing:
Default

I love Mike. I think he's such a great character.
Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:51 AM   #1351 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,515
Representing:
Default

I'll be shocked if "Terra Nova" lasts more than 2 seasons.

It's really bad.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:45 AM   #1352 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
I'll be shocked if "Terra Nova" lasts more than 2 seasons.

It's really bad.
they sunk $20 mil into the pilot. i think it last 2 seasons just because they invested so much initially
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:53 AM   #1353 (permalink)
Mean Muggin with his son

Swollen Member
 
b55bgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Rock AKA Newfoundland
Posts: 1,400
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
they sunk $20 mil into the pilot. i think it last 2 seasons just because they invested so much initially
The show had potential. But we all seen the scenario before in Jurassic PArk. Exept they went back in time i believe.
A show is only as good as its writers.
b55bgc is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:18 PM   #1354 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,515
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
they sunk $20 mil into the pilot. i think it last 2 seasons just because they invested so much initially
Yep. That's the only reason I'm giving it more than ONE season.

The writing is pretty horrid but the acting isn't doing it any favours either. There are only a few characters who I can take seriously.

Too bad.

Thankfully I've been going back and watching old shows that missed.

Just finished "Oz" this week which was awesome (although I could do without all the male full frontal nudity lol) and I'm working on "Six Feet Under" right now which is very good as well.

"Fringe" and "Supernatural" are still decent IMO as far as current shows go.

Just can't get into "Breaking Bad" or "Dexter". Dunno why.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:05 AM   #1355 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
Aamir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 5,225
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Yep. That's the only reason I'm giving it more than ONE season.

The writing is pretty horrid but the acting isn't doing it any favours either. There are only a few characters who I can take seriously.

Too bad.

Thankfully I've been going back and watching old shows that missed.

Just finished "Oz" this week which was awesome (although I could do without all the male full frontal nudity lol) and I'm working on "Six Feet Under" right now which is very good as well.

"Fringe" and "Supernatural" are still decent IMO as far as current shows go.

Just can't get into "Breaking Bad" or "Dexter". Dunno why.
Me neither, I don't know, maybe I should pick one!!

Im leaning towards Dexter.
Aamir is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 03:25 AM   #1356 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMughal View Post
Me neither, I don't know, maybe I should pick one!!

Im leaning towards Dexter.
BB is a bit better than Dexter. But they are both quality shows.
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:05 PM   #1357 (permalink)
Mean Muggin with his son

Swollen Member
 
b55bgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Rock AKA Newfoundland
Posts: 1,400
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Yep. That's the only reason I'm giving it more than ONE season.

The writing is pretty horrid but the acting isn't doing it any favours either. There are only a few characters who I can take seriously.

Too bad.

Thankfully I've been going back and watching old shows that missed.

Just finished "Oz" this week which was awesome (although I could do without all the male full frontal nudity lol) and I'm working on "Six Feet Under" right now which is very good as well.

"Fringe" and "Supernatural" are still decent IMO as far as current shows go.

Just can't get into "Breaking Bad" or "Dexter". Dunno why.
Six feet under has one of the best series finales of all time. So emotional.

Fringe and SUpernatural are both great

Breaking Bad... you must give it another go. Its amazing.

Dexter... starting to become like leftover turkey to me.
b55bgc is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:26 PM   #1358 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 30,540
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b55bgc View Post
Six feet under has one of the best series finales of all time. So emotional.

Fringe and SUpernatural are both great

Breaking Bad... you must give it another go. Its amazing.

Dexter... starting to become like leftover turkey to me.
yep - I wept like a baby.

And Dexter has just become too much like regular tv. Where there were once rich characters there are now flat cut-outs caught up in a constant whirlwind of plots that lack believability. It still has moments. I actually like it most for the comedic shtick. But it's reached it's expiry date.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:12 PM   #1359 (permalink)
...

herp derp
 
strung_out's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Guelph, ON
Posts: 1,547
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to strung_out
Default

I agree with some of you that Dexter is getting a little old, most seasons feel the same because of the whole "Dexter vs another serial killer" formula. There isn't really much character development with Dex too. I think the first season of Dexter is a must see though, that was my favourite.

Breaking Bad is amazing, most characters on there are just unpredictable so it really keeps you glued.

Last edited by strung_out; 10-13-2011 at 07:15 PM.
strung_out is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:01 AM   #1360 (permalink)
is full of beans

Senior Member
 
Beans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 4,365
Representing:
Default

Tonight's episode of Community was one of the funniest and most inventive things I've seen for a while.

Last edited by Beans; 10-14-2011 at 12:22 AM.
Beans is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What TV shows do you regularly watch? Chris Entertainment Lounge 78 12-04-2009 12:33 AM
worst shows on tv??? 'trane Entertainment Lounge 77 08-26-2009 11:51 AM
Ideas for TV shows with NBA players Windex Entertainment Lounge 1 03-11-2009 05:16 PM
MLSE shows poor patriotism Windex Other Sports 0 03-09-2009 07:49 AM
Magic shows how to be a champ off the court Acie NBA Talk 2 11-21-2008 08:49 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24