Benzo's Douchbag List. - Page 5
Old 07-28-2008, 09:29 AM   #81 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,546
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post


Wow. Like him or hate him, Iíve never heard him give a political opinion.
you're kidding, right? that's almost all he does anymore.
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:34 AM   #82 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

meh, I guess I don't watch enough anymore, all my games are saturday nights so I miss HNIC.

I'm not down with his xenophobe ttitude, but I sure as hell don't mind him supporting troops, they deserve it, and it seems to make them happy on location.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:42 AM   #83 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member, Eh?
 
Major's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,605
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
I have to agree with your whole list.Especially #3.Most Leaf fans are complete morons.For a team that has't been to the finals in 41 years and has missed the playoffs three straight years,some fans are beyond delusional.Put it this way, alot of so called leaf fans used to say that Sundin sucked and that McCabe, Tie Dummy,Darcy Fucker ruled,'nough said.
Okay, like, there is not one thing correct in that sentence right there.

We adore Sundin, and will still adore him if he goes to another team. And that is definitely a fact. He is by far the greatest to put on a Leaf jersey and you think that we thought he sucked? Nice try jeff.

Bryan McCabe used to be a VERY good defensemen. Why else would he make Team Canada in the Olympics? He was rated the 3rd best d-man and then after he signed that $5.75 million contract, everything just broke down. Now we all bash for his past two brutal seasons. He is actually #1 on our bash list believe it or not.

Tie Domi, I mean how can you possibly even say anything about him. He was never supposed to be a 30 goal scorer. He was supposed to be our scrapper. And he's the best we've got in a long time. I don't understand how you mean by "ruled".

Lastly. Darcy. First of all don't ever call him Fucker.
Darcy, believe it or not, used to be our main scorer after Sundin. Not only was he a scrapper, which is really his primary position, be he was definitely a scorer, a 25 goal scorer. When he played 56 games. That's almost 2 goals per game. Is he good now? Not really. And it's probably because he's getting older. So yeah, we did say he ruled. Because he did.

Now I don't want you guys quoting this post and saying "Typical delusional Leaf fan" or anything like that. Cause the above is all true and I just hate and when assholes don't know shit about hockey, yet they still rip on the Leafs. We know it's been 41 years since a cup, we know it's been 3 yrs since playoffs, like, we're not stupid. Stop trying to sound like you know what you're talking about.
Major is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:55 AM   #84 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,546
Representing:
Default

typical delusional leaf fan












j/k, but 25 goals in 56 games is almost a goal every 2 games, not almost 2 goals per game...
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:59 AM   #85 (permalink)
saying too many dudes are Tyson Chandler, trying to lead their teams and went nowhere

Scarborough, We Go Hard..
 
MangoKidHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,916
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
Okay, like, there is not one thing correct in that sentence right there.

We adore Sundin, and will still adore him if he goes to another team. And that is definitely a fact. He is by far the greatest to put on a Leaf jersey and you think that we thought he sucked? Nice try jeff.

Bryan McCabe used to be a VERY good defensemen. Why else would he make Team Canada in the Olympics? He was rated the 3rd best d-man and then after he signed that $5.75 million contract, everything just broke down. Now we all bash for his past two brutal seasons. He is actually #1 on our bash list believe it or not.

Tie Domi, I mean how can you possibly even say anything about him. He was never supposed to be a 30 goal scorer. He was supposed to be our scrapper. And he's the best we've got in a long time. I don't understand how you mean by "ruled".

Lastly. Darcy. First of all don't ever call him Fucker.
Darcy, believe it or not, used to be our main scorer after Sundin. Not only was he a scrapper, which is really his primary position, be he was definitely a scorer, a 25 goal scorer. When he played 56 games. That's almost 2 goals per game. Is he good now? Not really. And it's probably because he's getting older. So yeah, we did say he ruled. Because he did.

Now I don't want you guys quoting this post and saying "Typical delusional Leaf fan" or anything like that. Cause the above is all true and I just hate and when assholes don't know shit about hockey, yet they still rip on the Leafs. We know it's been 41 years since a cup, we know it's been 3 yrs since playoffs, like, we're not stupid. Stop trying to sound like you know what you're talking about.
The problem is that JFJ

A: Underestimated the kind of play you would need to win in the new NHL
B: Gave these dudes No Trade Clauses and No Movement Clauses - they essentially fucked themselves over
C: Re-upped guys like Tucker, McCabe when they should have traded them at their highest value.

McCabe WAS a good defenseman until they implemented the 'can opener' rule. After he couldn't do that move, he was fucked.

You know why people rip on the Leafs? Because ignorant Leaf fans walk around the town like their team is the shit. I went to a game last year against the Habs - my friend and his family are die hard Habs fans. After the game - a game in which the Leafs won in OT, a group of Leaf fans decided to get right in my friend's dad's face, verbally assaulting him.

I once got into a fight in union station after a Rangers game beacuse of obnoxious Leaf fans.

That's why people LOVE to hate on the Leafs and their delusional fans.

Last edited by MangoKidHoops; 07-28-2008 at 10:06 AM.
MangoKidHoops is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:00 AM   #86 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member, Eh?
 
Major's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,605
Representing:
Default

I'm not gonna lie, we do have some fucked up fans. But it's because it's the TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS. There are some Habs fans like that too. Both of those teams, why? Cause both teams are 100 years old.

But that's not the main reason people love hating on the Leafs. It's because they know they haven't won a cup in 41 and missed the playoffs for 3 years. And that's it.

But I find it stupid because when Chicago was going down they 50-something year stretch with no cup it was okay right? What makes Chicago any different from Toronto? Different countries? They are both from the original 6. And Chicago's stretch was about 15 years longer than the Leafs'. Oh but now since it's Toronto everyone bashes on them.

It just disgusts me.

Oh and BTW, JFJ was absolutely HATED in Leafland

Last edited by Major; 07-28-2008 at 10:06 AM.
Major is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:26 AM   #87 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
typical delusional leaf fan












j/k, but 25 goals in 56 games is almost a goal every 2 games, not almost 2 goals per game...
and really fucking good.

Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:42 AM   #88 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoochieBoochie View Post
Okay heres another.

Bad Parkers

People who park in handicap spaces or park over the lines. I mean they draw lines on the fucking pavement why cant you get your car between them!! Or worse, people who take up 2 places because there 92 buick might get scratches.
Ya, well I can't stand the fact the every fucking group of people with anything even remotely close to what we may call a disability can have the first 2 square kilometers of every friggan parking lot reserved for them.

Pregnant?
Have children?
Have a little Disability sticker in your windsheild?

Step this way, while were at it, wre gonna mandate that the bastards who were fortunate enough to have to park 2 Km's from the entrance carry your shit out for you, load your car, and accompany you home so they can put your shit away for you.

Damn me for being able to walk.

I have news for you, pregnant women can walk.
Women with children can safely get them into a mall from the last row of spots. And Gasp, strike me to hell for saying it, there are a real large number of peopl ein wheelchairs that would be happy to roll thier asses the extra 40 feet, fuck, most of um are motorized now anyhow, and have no problem taking up a lane on a major roadway downtown, why would they mind getting in our way in th elocal Superstore parking lot.

Fuck them.



Nietzsche should come back from the dead and kick them all in the nuts, send them home, and save that sweet as parking spot for me.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:49 AM   #89 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,249
Representing:
Default

We have a disabilty parking pass because of my wife's illness and sure the convienance of parking as close as we can is great, but parking close isn't important to her. Its the size of those parking spots that she's more concerned with. Regular parking spots are too narrow for her to get in and get out of a car considering she can't bend her leg at all. So, its nice that the disability spots are double the width of a regular one so people like her or in wheelchairs have greater accessibility.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:53 AM   #90 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

I wish they made um all that big!
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:54 AM   #91 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,249
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
I wish they made um all that big!
Amen to that brother.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:54 AM   #92 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,160
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. J. Naismith View Post
We have a disabilty parking pass because of my wife's illness and sure the convienance of parking as close as we can is great, but parking close isn't important to her. Its the size of those parking spots that she's more concerned with. Regular parking spots are too narrow for her to get in and get out of a car considering she can't bend her leg at all. So, its nice that the disability spots are double the width of a regular one so people like her or in wheelchairs have greater accessibility.
Thank you, my wife is pregnant and the size of those spots helps out ALOT. Considering my wife was 8lbs at birth and I was 10lbs, she is guaranteed to be carrying a large package(just like her husband) and getting in and out the car requires my assistance.

Although unless she is feeling tired we still just park at the other end of the parking lot to get the excercise of walking in.
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:56 AM   #93 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,546
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
Ya, well I can't stand the fact the every fucking group of people with anything even remotely close to what we may call a disability can have the first 2 square kilometers of every friggan parking lot reserved for them.

Pregnant?
Have children?
Have a little Disability sticker in your windsheild?

Step this way, while were at it, wre gonna mandate that the bastards who were fortunate enough to have to park 2 Km's from the entrance carry your shit out for you, load your car, and accompany you home so they can put your shit away for you.

Damn me for being able to walk.

I have news for you, pregnant women can walk.
Women with children can safely get them into a mall from the last row of spots. And Gasp, strike me to hell for saying it, there are a real large number of peopl ein wheelchairs that would be happy to roll thier asses the extra 40 feet, fuck, most of um are motorized now anyhow, and have no problem taking up a lane on a major roadway downtown, why would they mind getting in our way in th elocal Superstore parking lot.

Fuck them.



Nietzsche should come back from the dead and kick them all in the nuts, send them home, and save that sweet as parking spot for me.
wow sj, you are such an asshole. what, you don't have enough privilege in your life already? should we just walk around with a red carpet for you all the time?

is it really that big of a deal for you to walk an extra 40 feet so that someone in constant pain or someone with children and an extra armload of strollers, diapers and gear gets a bit of a break here or there?

or is accessability just not important in the long run? survival of the fittest, eh... that's what it means to be civilized in sj-land?

'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:00 AM   #94 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,249
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
is it really that big of a deal for you to walk an extra 40 feet so that someone in constant pain or someone with children and an extra armload of strollers, diapers and gear gets a bit of a break here or there?
And I don't wish that on my worst enemy knowing what my wife goes through with chronic pain. I don't know if I could live with the amount of pain she goes through 24-7. Anyhow who says women aren't tough are delusional. Their pain thresh hold puts men's to shame.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:12 AM   #95 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

Where will it end trane?

will we make spots for guys on the back end of a double shift at Ford too?
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:23 AM   #96 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,546
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
Where will it end trane?

will we make spots for guys on the back end of a double shift at Ford too?
my hope is that it will end with a just and fair city.

i would think there's no real reason for sopts for double-shifters sj, but if the case was made that there was a significant social need for it, i would hope that we could make room. unpacking our privilege and accomodating those that may need help is laudable in my books sj, not a frustration. if we can eliminate some of the barriers that sit between people (with or without disabilities) and their ability to participate in our communtities than i am all for it. this isn't a slippery slope argument. it's building a just and accessible community.
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:09 PM   #97 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default



Good points.

However, I don't feel as though it's place to worry about other people who may have put themselves, on thie ron volition, into a place where they may have to have a compromised world.

Lets shelf the Disabled part, as you know I'm just fuckin about with that, that is a givin.

But lets talk Pregnant women and children. Did I get pregnant? Did I show up with children? Nope. Then why do i have to cater to those that did?

In a world that could use a positive growth rate like it could use a hole in the head, why should I feel the need to participate in the club that says "hey man, on eday you'll need help with little ones too"?

I don't see how any individual should be made to the needs of another person who, lets face it, is NOT in dire need, they are justa little inconvenienced.

If thats the case, then yes in deed the poor bastard who just worked a double shift and has to shop for his groceries as he has no other time in the week to do so, but feels like ass and in some situations might be on the verge of some form of exhaustion deserves a spot too. Or is that a special situation as he is not a woman with a baby? I'm not sure how this is any different. We all have cloices in life, and we have to make do. But my choices don't make me exampt from living life the sam eway any of you do. We all have times wher ewe need help. Should we expect is, feel entitled? Humanity is no longer humnity when it's legislated, it's law.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:14 PM   #98 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,160
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post


Good points.

However, I don't feel as though it's place to worry about other people who may have put themselves, on thie ron volition, into a place where they may have to have a compromised world.

Lets shelf the Disabled part, as you know I'm just fuckin about with that, that is a givin.

But lets talk Pregnant women and children. Did I get pregnant? Did I show up with children? Nope. Then why do i have to cater to those that did?

In a world that could use a positive growth rate like it could use a hole in the head, why should I feel the need to participate in the club that says "hey man, on eday you'll need help with little ones too"?

I don't see how any individual should be made to the needs of another person who, lets face it, is NOT in dire need, they are justa little inconvenienced.

If thats the case, then yes in deed the poor bastard who just worked a double shift and has to shop for his groceries as he has no other time in the week to do so, but feels like ass and in some situations might be on the verge of some form of exhaustion deserves a spot too. Or is that a special situation as he is not a woman with a baby? I'm not sure how this is any different. We all have cloices in life, and we have to make do. But my choices don't make me exampt from living life the sam eway any of you do. We all have times wher ewe need help. Should we expect is, feel entitled? Humanity is no longer humnity when it's legislated, it's law.
I was gonna respond but there is no sense...
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:17 PM   #99 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

by all means snooch.

good conversation can come from ugly places.

And I bet you have a wonderful post to offer.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:27 PM   #100 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,546
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post


Good points.

However, I don't feel as though it's place to worry about other people who may have put themselves, on thie ron volition, into a place where they may have to have a compromised world.

Lets shelf the Disabled part, as you know I'm just fuckin about with that, that is a givin.

But lets talk Pregnant women and children. Did I get pregnant? Did I show up with children? Nope. Then why do i have to cater to those that did?

In a world that could use a positive growth rate like it could use a hole in the head, why should I feel the need to participate in the club that says "hey man, on eday you'll need help with little ones too"?

I don't see how any individual should be made to the needs of another person who, lets face it, is NOT in dire need, they are justa little inconvenienced.

If thats the case, then yes in deed the poor bastard who just worked a double shift and has to shop for his groceries as he has no other time in the week to do so, but feels like ass and in some situations might be on the verge of some form of exhaustion deserves a spot too. Or is that a special situation as he is not a woman with a baby? I'm not sure how this is any different. We all have cloices in life, and we have to make do. But my choices don't make me exampt from living life the sam eway any of you do. We all have times wher ewe need help. Should we expect is, feel entitled? Humanity is no longer humnity when it's legislated, it's law.
maybe we do it because we want to be nice and accomodating? ever thought of that?

put aside for a moment the obvious notion that our world tends to look favourably and kindly on expectant mothers, there is still social need for this.

expectant mothers and mothers (or stay at home fathers) with young children do most of the shopping and housework while their spouse is at work. to do this they have all kinds of other baggage - diapers, bottles, strollers, etc - that they need because, quite often, they cannot afford the child care to leave those children at home. this makes the shooping experience cumbersome and difficult. it is, therefore, both advantageous for businesses to accomodate a large portion of their client base and socially responsible for communities to do what we can to lend a hand. these parents are already short on sleep and patience, and quite frankly, they're raising our future leaders and community members. if we do what we can to accomodate them, maybe their children will have a better chance of growing up understanding the need for this sort of community compassion and teamwork.

as to your point about double-shift workers, perhaps they don't have the same kind of public image as mothers do. fair or not. i'll tell you this, though, if I saw someone teetering on the verge of exhaustion, i'd ask if he needed a hand with his grocery bags.

i'm not saying that we should bend over backwards for anyone with a gripe or who is tired. i'm saying that we share an interest in making communities accessible. child care is a significant barrier to community participation for many families, so we do what we can to accomodate. being tired is something we all face, so maybe we should all take time to lend a hand when we can.

i can't stand this "it's not my place to worry..." and "why should i cater to..." crap. why not? this is a community, where does this sense of entitlement come from? we rely on each other. if we weren't all in competition all the time we'd all be a lot better off. everyone always waits for someone else to do it for them. whatever happened to social responsibility?
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24