The Beastie Boys are back
Old 04-08-2011, 10:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
stank

member
 
Someguy again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,401
Representing:
Cool The Beastie Boys are back

Someguy again is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb
 
Barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,728
Representing:
Default

Yup yup yup.
Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 02:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum
 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 13,266
Representing:
Default

i like.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Mean Muggin with his son

Swollen Member
 
b55bgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Rock AKA Newfoundland
Posts: 1,377
Representing:
Default

They are def back. I cant watch the vid here at work, just wondering if its the 30min long version.
b55bgc is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
baking the cookies of discontent.

Corner 3
 
finstock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,113
Representing:
Default

Much Music aired an entire half hour of their old videos tonight. Needless to say, it was the best thing that channel has broadcast in over a decade.
finstock is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum
 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 13,266
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneironaught View Post
Much Music aired an entire half hour of their old videos tonight. Needless to say, it was the best thing that channel has broadcast in over a decade.
I haven't had muchmusic in a couple of years, but from what i remember it became the most useless channel pretty much solely aimed at those under 20 years of age.

Has anything changed over the last 2 years? What do they show on muchmusic anymore?
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
Mean Muggin with his son

Swollen Member
 
b55bgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Rock AKA Newfoundland
Posts: 1,377
Representing:
Default

Havent seen a music video on much music in years.
Dont even know if they still air rapcity. I am sure they do. But youtube has taken over
b55bgc is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,683
Representing:
Default

I could care less, never liked em.
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb
 
Barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,728
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b55bgc View Post
Havent seen a music video on much music in years.
Dont even know if they still air rapcity. I am sure they do. But youtube has taken over
Rapcity was cancelled a long time ago, but they just re-jigged it and brought it back. They also brought back The Wedge.
Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:27 AM   #10 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
I haven't had muchmusic in a couple of years, but from what i remember it became the most useless channel pretty much solely aimed at those under 20 years of age.

Has anything changed over the last 2 years? What do they show on muchmusic anymore?
Funny you say that. I have MuchMusic and haven't watched it in years. I used to watch a lot, but when they started showing shitty movies and reality shows i tuned out fast. They're basically copying MTV in showing very limited amounts of actual music videos.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:32 AM   #11 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum
 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 13,266
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiggmo View Post
I could care less, never liked em.
thanks for letting us know!
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:36 AM   #12 (permalink)
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb
 
Barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,728
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Funny you say that. I have MuchMusic and haven't watched it in years. I used to watch a lot, but when they started showing shitty movies and reality shows i tuned out fast. They're basically copying MTV in showing very limited amounts of actual music videos.
Yep. It's all the same company now, anyway. Same channel more or less.
Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:01 AM   #13 (permalink)
Mean Muggin with his son

Swollen Member
 
b55bgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Rock AKA Newfoundland
Posts: 1,377
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiggmo View Post
I could care less, never liked em.
The Beastie Boys are living legends. Whether you like thier music or not. You got to respect them for what they have accomplished.

Very few artists change with the times and constantly re-invent themselves. The boys have done this and have still remained relevant to todays music.

Outkast have also done this.

P.S. No Sleep til Brooklyn
b55bgc is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:17 AM   #14 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b55bgc View Post
The Beastie Boys are living legends. Whether you like thier music or not. You got to respect them for what they have accomplished.

Very few artists change with the times and constantly re-invent themselves. The boys have done this and have still remained relevant to todays music.

Outkast have also done this.

P.S. No Sleep til Brooklyn
Relevent in todays music? Really? I din't know they were still around, and i used to love their music. Still really like their old stuff, great inavators.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:29 AM   #15 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum
 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 13,266
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Relevent in todays music? Really? I din't know they were still around, and i used to love their music. Still really like their old stuff, great inavators.
I don't really know what this means. More so i don't even know what it matters. Is there some special 'sound' out there that determines what is relevant? or a subject matter that people are singing about?

Other than if the music is relevant to me as a listener, what does relevancy to anything else have to do with music or art? Musicians make music because that's their passion - well the real ones at least. That's what they do. You and i can give it a listen and determine if we like it, but how it fits in with regards to the rest of the 'industry' is totally meaningless. Well to me it is anyways.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
Mean Muggin with his son

Swollen Member
 
b55bgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Rock AKA Newfoundland
Posts: 1,377
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
I don't really know what this means. More so i don't even know what it matters. Is there some special 'sound' out there that determines what is relevant? or a subject matter that people are singing about?

Other than if the music is relevant to me as a listener, what does relevancy to anything else have to do with music or art? Musicians make music because that's their passion - well the real ones at least. That's what they do. You and i can give it a listen and determine if we like it, but how it fits in with regards to the rest of the 'industry' is totally meaningless. Well to me it is anyways.
Wow... Didnt realize so many people dont know what the word relevant means.
And if something is meaningful and still hold popularity to the masses in the music industry, then it means they are still relevant.
If you guys wanna continue to be trolls go ahead.
b55bgc is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
www.torontoraptorsforum.com

giant steps
 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 15,191
Representing:
Default

trolls? wow b55, all fancy did was give his opinion. if anyone in this conversation needs to stop trolling, it's you.
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:19 PM   #18 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum
 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 13,266
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b55bgc View Post
Wow... Didnt realize so many people dont know what the word relevant means.
And if something is meaningful and still hold popularity to the masses in the music industry, then it means they are still relevant.
If you guys wanna continue to be trolls go ahead.
hahaha talk about totally missing my point.

If you didn't notice, I like the beastie boys. I was just saying that it doesn't matter if they're relevant to 'today's music'. As in they are good artists so how their music sounds (or sells - not that this matters) in comparison to Katy Perry or Rebecca Black or the black eyed peas totally doesn't matter.

whether or not something is relevant to the popularity standards set by current artists is literally the least important thing when it comes to good music in my opinion.

get it?
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:28 PM   #19 (permalink)
Mean Muggin with his son

Swollen Member
 
b55bgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Rock AKA Newfoundland
Posts: 1,377
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
trolls? wow b55, all fancy did was give his opinion. if anyone in this conversation needs to stop trolling, it's you.
It was more directed at JeffB. I quoted the wrong person.
b55bgc is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:30 PM   #20 (permalink)
Mean Muggin with his son

Swollen Member
 
b55bgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Rock AKA Newfoundland
Posts: 1,377
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
hahaha talk about totally missing my point.

If you didn't notice, I like the beastie boys. I was just saying that it doesn't matter if they're relevant to 'today's music'. As in they are good artists so how their music sounds (or sells - not that this matters) in comparison to Katy Perry or Rebecca Black or the black eyed peas totally doesn't matter.

whether or not something is relevant to the popularity standards set by current artists is literally the least important thing when it comes to good music in my opinion.

get it?
Sorry it was meant towards JeffB
I retract my statements towards you fancy.

And your right. If mainstream didnt except the beastie boys, it wouldnt take away my love for them either.

P.S. Whats everyones favorite Beastie Boys Album. Mine is Check Your Head.
b55bgc is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24