Anyone here workout daily? - Page 63
Old 08-01-2013, 05:41 PM   #1241 (permalink)
is in the cut

Senior Member
 
Stonezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,999
Representing:
Default

Fuck cardio, I lose too much weight. I'm a serious hard gainer. Only cardio I do is playing sports with my friends.
Stonezz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #1242 (permalink)
is pounding

Senior Member
 
VanCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,943
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck View Post
Question out of curiousity: is the 25KM that you bike everyday separate from your cardio? Or is that the 60 minutes of cardio you're talking about? Because you mentioned using the treadmill too. If it's 60 minutes of cardio + 25KM of biking from Monday -Friday, then....

well done sir.
It is separate, but its really not that bad on a road bike and its one of my favorite things to do.
VanCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #1243 (permalink)
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!
 
Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,077
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCity View Post
It is separate, but its really not that bad on a road bike and its one of my favorite things to do.
Yeah, but when you're combining that with 60 minutes of cardio 5 days a week, as well as some weights, you're gonna burn monster calories. Eating the diet you described, I'd expect your routine to push your caloric deficit over a thousand each day.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #1244 (permalink)
is pounding

Senior Member
 
VanCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,943
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck View Post
Yeah, but when you're combining that with 60 minutes of cardio 5 days a week, as well as some weights, you're gonna burn monster calories. Eating the diet you described, I'd expect your routine to push your caloric deficit over a thousand each day.
Ya, my total net intake right now is around 1200. Which is low but i will be going along with it until i get down to 185-190lbs then i am gonna slow the cardio down and add more shitty foods back in.
VanCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:16 AM   #1245 (permalink)
N64
not here

Wildcard Bitches
 
N64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,617
Representing:
Default

Got my measurements up:

Height: 178 cm (5'10)
Weight: 68.3 kg (150.5 lbs) I'm actually back at 150, good to know lol
BF%: 11.6% Not sure how accurate the bath scale is, bought a slightly higher end up version of the one Nites posted, guessing it's off a bit
Muscle Mass: 67.4% Don't know if that's a good number or not

Right now, I'm trying to get better at my benchpress, have a home gym, concentrate on a body part per day. Barely any cardio, I smoke a lot, so I'll need to set up my old treadmill or something.
N64 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:36 AM   #1246 (permalink)
is all bout dat life

Can't knock the Hustle
 
Nites's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,385
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by N64 View Post
Got my measurements up:

Height: 178 cm (5'10)
Weight: 68.3 kg (150.5 lbs) I'm actually back at 150, good to know lol
BF%: 11.6% Not sure how accurate the bath scale is, bought a slightly higher end up version of the one Nites posted, guessing it's off a bit
Muscle Mass: 67.4% Don't know if that's a good number or not

Right now, I'm trying to get better at my benchpress, have a home gym, concentrate on a body part per day. Barely any cardio, I smoke a lot, so I'll need to set up my old treadmill or something.
We are actually very close in size. Next update will be on the 11th.
Nites is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:09 AM   #1247 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,951
Representing:
Default

Height: 177 cm (5'10)
Weight:186 lbs
BF%: 21-23% (fluctuates with hydration, and meals)
Muscle Mass: don't know



tell me guys. should I just give up on this cut for now and bulk? maybe the reason cutting's so hard for me is that I don't have a lot of muscle mass. I'm a strong guy compared to average folks, but not compared to dudes who lift constantly.

for example, for shoulder excercises I use 30 lb dumbells with 12-15 reps with different excercises, then 25 lb with same reps by mid workout. I use 25 and then 20 lb for bicep excercises, and ditto for triceps.

haven't benched in a while, but I'd prob bench at 145 with 8-10 reps, strip setting to 125 with similar reps.

legs I do squats, lunges, etc and such, with dumbells not barbells. 25-30 on each hand

back workouts I can do 4-5 pullups until I switch to aid with the chair, with different workouts like wide grip, close grip, chinups. I do 45-50 lb dumbells for weighted back workouts, 12-15 reps, with excercises like "heavy pants", "lawnmower" (p90x names).

should I bulk for a month or 2, then cut? or keep cutting until 14 or so BF, then bulk for a month or 2?
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:11 AM   #1248 (permalink)
is all bout dat life

Can't knock the Hustle
 
Nites's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,385
Representing:
Default

Going in hard on legs. Training them twice a week. High volume and heavy weight has been working so far.
Nites is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:32 AM   #1249 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Moderator

 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 5th Dimension
Posts: 10,184
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nites View Post
picked this up yesterday to keep an eye on any progress...not sure how accurate it is but it seems to work well
it's been 2 months now since i've gone back to the gym full time...feel i've made some gains and my shoulder is holding up pretty good...still limited regarding certain exercises but i'm learning to work around them
haven't actually done any body measurements but i'm feeling trimmer even though i've gained 4 lbs since i started back (i'll attribute that to upper body muscle gain )
have managed to stick to my diet (with a lot of help from Sue )...and i've been taking my supplements on a consistent basis (AllMax Whey Isolate, Controlled Labs Orange OxiMega Greens )


54 years old
6 foot 2
according to the scale...
242 Lbs
24.6% BF
65.9% Muscle
45.9% Water

will continue to work on body fat...realistic goal right now (for me) is 20%...if i can reach that while slowly increasing muscle mass i'll be VERY happy
slow and steady
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:19 PM   #1250 (permalink)
El Guapo

The Problem Solver
 
Sauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,407
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by N64 View Post
Got my measurements up:

Height: 178 cm (5'10)
Weight: 68.3 kg (150.5 lbs) I'm actually back at 150, good to know lol
BF%: 11.6% Not sure how accurate the bath scale is, bought a slightly higher end up version of the one Nites posted, guessing it's off a bit
Muscle Mass: 67.4% Don't know if that's a good number or not

Right now, I'm trying to get better at my benchpress, have a home gym, concentrate on a body part per day. Barely any cardio, I smoke a lot, so I'll need to set up my old treadmill or something.
Thats pretty good. I never understood the firm muscle mass reading. Do they not account weight of fluid and bones in out body. According to the gym scale mine is 89% lol ... impossible.

Height: 5'9
Weight: 173.01lbs
BF%: 9.9%
BMR - 7684kJ - 1836 cal <--- dunno wtf this means
Fat Mass - 17.2lb
FFM - 155.81lb
Sauce is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:31 PM   #1251 (permalink)
N64
not here

Wildcard Bitches
 
N64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,617
Representing:
Default

Thanks for the comments everyone. Whoever feels like putting up their measurements should post them and we can all track each other and see who's progressed the most by the end of the year.

Hoping to get around 170 like Sauce by January if I stick to this. Downloaded the Longo's app on my iphone, there's one 5 mins away from my house. It pretty much lets me make my grocery list on my iphone with prices and everything. Really helped get my diet plan together.
N64 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:01 PM   #1252 (permalink)
jonas smellandchewthis

Senior Member
 
thought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,716
Representing:
Default

this thread escalated quickly

impressed with RF's commitment to fitness

curls for the girls baby
thought is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:25 PM   #1253 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
DonMughal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 4,277
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thought View Post
this thread escalated quickly

impressed with RF's commitment to fitness

curls for the girls baby
Lift weights, get dates.
DonMughal is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #1254 (permalink)
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!
 
Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,077
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMughal View Post
Lift weights, get dates.
Lose the gut, bust a nut.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:45 PM   #1255 (permalink)
is all bout dat life

Can't knock the Hustle
 
Nites's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,385
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
Height: 177 cm (5'10)
Weight:186 lbs
BF%: 21-23% (fluctuates with hydration, and meals)
Muscle Mass: don't know



tell me guys. should I just give up on this cut for now and bulk? maybe the reason cutting's so hard for me is that I don't have a lot of muscle mass. I'm a strong guy compared to average folks, but not compared to dudes who lift constantly.

for example, for shoulder excercises I use 30 lb dumbells with 12-15 reps with different excercises, then 25 lb with same reps by mid workout. I use 25 and then 20 lb for bicep excercises, and ditto for triceps.

haven't benched in a while, but I'd prob bench at 145 with 8-10 reps, strip setting to 125 with similar reps.

legs I do squats, lunges, etc and such, with dumbells not barbells. 25-30 on each hand

back workouts I can do 4-5 pullups until I switch to aid with the chair, with different workouts like wide grip, close grip, chinups. I do 45-50 lb dumbells for weighted back workouts, 12-15 reps, with excercises like "heavy pants", "lawnmower" (p90x names).

should I bulk for a month or 2, then cut? or keep cutting until 14 or so BF, then bulk for a month or 2?
Imo I think you should cut to 170-175. The main reason why it's so hard for you to cut is probably because you are eating too many carbs.
Nites is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #1256 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,951
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nites View Post
Imo I think you should cut to 170-175. The main reason why it's so hard for you to cut is probably because you are eating too many carbs.
honestly, when I cut, I eat the equivalent of two pieces of toast a day of grain. so sometimes one piece of toast and a couple spoons of rice, or one toast, and a potato, etc. otherwise it's proteins and veggies, along with one fruit, and protein shake
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:59 PM   #1257 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,512
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
honestly, when I cut, I eat the equivalent of two pieces of toast a day of grain. so sometimes one piece of toast and a couple spoons of rice, or one toast, and a potato, etc. otherwise it's proteins and veggies, along with one fruit, and protein shake
You're mistaking cutting with dieting man.
When you cut, you are still supposed to eat lots, it just has to be clean. Fruits veggies, no fat, no carbs. Simple.
The fact that your idea of cutting means you are eating barely anything, is totally wrong. And that's why it isn't working for you.
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:27 AM   #1258 (permalink)
mirin' Gao-sthetics

Distributor of Swag
 
CommunistCrunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Memory Lane
Posts: 811
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
You're mistaking cutting with dieting man.
When you cut, you are still supposed to eat lots, it just has to be clean. Fruits veggies, no fat, no carbs. Simple.
The fact that your idea of cutting means you are eating barely anything, is totally wrong. And that's why it isn't working for you.
Yup eating plates of fruits and veggies is key, although I respectfully disagree with not eating fats. Your body definitely needs some fat for essential functions.
CommunistCrunch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 04:15 AM   #1259 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,951
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
You're mistaking cutting with dieting man.
When you cut, you are still supposed to eat lots, it just has to be clean. Fruits veggies, no fat, no carbs. Simple.
The fact that your idea of cutting means you are eating barely anything, is totally wrong. And that's why it isn't working for you.
It may not sound like a lot but I eat 1800-2000 calories a day while cutting
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 04:11 PM   #1260 (permalink)
dead inside

Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Scarborough
Posts: 201
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
You're mistaking cutting with dieting man.
When you cut, you are still supposed to eat lots, it just has to be clean. Fruits veggies, no fat, no carbs. Simple.
The fact that your idea of cutting means you are eating barely anything, is totally wrong. And that's why it isn't working for you.
You have to eat at a caloric deficiet to cut and lose fat, end of story. You should be eating clean while bulking and cutting for optimal gains.

Cutting = eating less, impossible to lose fat any other way, unless your on steroids.
simplycrazy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24