Anyone here workout daily? - Page 36
Old 05-29-2012, 04:28 PM   #701 (permalink)
representing the Big Land

basketball is life
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Newfoundland
Posts: 1,404
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
theres definitely whey in there...
no offense and its all personal preference, but i had a sample pack of that stuff and almost couldnt finish the one shake, it tasted so bad... and it didnt mix well either.

you want a good tatsing protein, get BSN - Syntha 6 - chocolate.
hands down the best tasting protein powder on the market.
Ugh, I got the same stuff. Mutant Mass is gross lol. Myofusion was the best tasting stuff I've had
Chris is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 05-29-2012, 04:48 PM   #702 (permalink)
jonas smellandchewthis

Senior Member
 
thought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,731
Representing:
Default

Taste has never been a huge deal to me...I figure if it's the best protein and it's gonna do the best things for me, it's a small price to pay. Again just a personal preference thing, everyone is different.
thought is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 05-29-2012, 05:24 PM   #703 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,433
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007nites View Post
It does and that's why I don't need to take anything else.
Ahhhh... ok. Gotcha. I misunderstood. Thought you were saying that you weren't going to have to take any whey at ALL (including MM) because you had this stuff.

I've been an Optimum Nutrition man myself... best one I've tried. Although I DO hear that Myofusion is great.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 05-29-2012, 06:41 PM   #704 (permalink)
is all bout dat life

Can't knock the Hustle
 
Nites's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 15,083
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thought View Post
Taste has never been a huge deal to me...I figure if it's the best protein and it's gonna do the best things for me, it's a small price to pay. Again just a personal preference thing, everyone is different.
I guess I'm like you.
Nites is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 05-29-2012, 07:01 PM   #705 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,433
Representing:
Default

In my younger days I found that I could tolerate just about any mass gainer out there.... but now.... ugh. My stomach just kills me and it's a dash to the bathroom if I don't find tha right one lol.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 05-29-2012, 07:27 PM   #706 (permalink)
is all bout dat life

Can't knock the Hustle
 
Nites's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 15,083
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
In my younger days I found that I could tolerate just about any mass gainer out there.... but now.... ugh. My stomach just kills me and it's a dash to the bathroom if I don't find tha right one lol.
If I don't drink enough water and eat enough fiber I get some major constipation. However, If I get in a enough water and fiber I get a bad case of Diarrhea. So either way I'm fucked lol.
Nites is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 05-29-2012, 07:29 PM   #707 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007nites View Post
If I don't drink enough water and eat enough fiber I get some major constipation. However, If I get in a enough water and fiber I get a bad case of Diarrhea. So either way I'm fucked lol.
I'd rather have diarrhea then be constipated.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 05-29-2012, 07:57 PM   #708 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 30,070
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
I'd rather have diarrhea then be constipated.
That is pretty clear just by looking at your post count.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 05-30-2012, 12:57 AM   #709 (permalink)
jonas smellandchewthis

Senior Member
 
thought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,731
Representing:
Default

thumbs up should be on the left side. my bad.
thought is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 05-30-2012, 07:53 PM   #710 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 30,070
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thought View Post
thumbs up should be on the left side. my bad.
That explains all my recent thumbs down votes - it's just poor web design and I'm really really loved
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 05-30-2012, 08:08 PM   #711 (permalink)
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!
 
Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,375
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
That explains all my recent thumbs down votes - it's just poor web design and I'm really really loved
Nah, it was probably Moremilk.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 05-30-2012, 08:10 PM   #712 (permalink)
giving Jonas english lessons.

Member
 
monn7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 474
Representing:
Default

Not every day, but kind of.



I play for Racing in a semi-pro league. I go for a run or use the exercise bike at home if it's to cold on Mon, Wen and Friday. I go to the weight room an hour before practice on Tues and Thurs and I do a soft training. Then we hit the court for some shooting and dribbling drills. We finish playing 5 on 5. On Saturdays I go to take some shoots before napping (I live near the club) and on Sunday it's GAMETIME. I wake up early and do a quick shootaround. I always eat pasta for lunch and have a 3 hour nap. When I get up I drink just tea and water and two hours before the start of the game I go to the gym to start focusing and do some shooting too.

Last edited by monn7; 05-30-2012 at 08:13 PM.
monn7 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 06-21-2012, 02:34 AM   #713 (permalink)
is all bout dat life

Can't knock the Hustle
 
Nites's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 15,083
Representing:
Default

I went to some shitty rec centre gym today and this place was lacking so much equipment.

No bench press
No decline bench
Dumbbells only went up to 75lbs
No power rack (Only had 2 smith machines)
Then the lady starts yelling at some guy for dropping weights (which he clearly didn't)
Nites is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 06-21-2012, 09:08 PM   #714 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,433
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007nites View Post
I went to some shitty rec centre gym today and this place was lacking so much equipment.

No bench press
No decline bench
Dumbbells only went up to 75lbs
No power rack (Only had 2 smith machines)
Then the lady starts yelling at some guy for dropping weights (which he clearly didn't)
hahahaha.... sounds like a Planet Fitness.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 06-25-2012, 10:42 PM   #715 (permalink)
is not changing this sig until we win a playoff series

everyones a critic
 
th3answ3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,370
Representing:
Default

Im 17 and weigh 120 and am now serious about gaining 10 lbs of muscle by November. I'm thinking protein shakes but do I HAVE to lift and drink for me to gain muscle or can I just drink the shakes and do pushups, chinups, sit-ups, etc. I also do plyometrics

If I do indeed have to lift weights to gain that 10lbs, I'll go to goodlife fitness.
th3answ3r is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 06-25-2012, 10:46 PM   #716 (permalink)
up there

][__ . //-\\ .
 
ClutchCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 3,037
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck View Post
Nah, it was probably Moremilk.
lol what's moremilk's beef with LX?
ClutchCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 06-26-2012, 08:13 PM   #717 (permalink)
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!
 
Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,375
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCity View Post
lol what's moremilk's beef with LX?
I don't know that he has one, aside from the fact that LX disagrees with him a lot. I was just joking with LX, because for the past 3 years I've rarely seen them agree on anything, if at all. And a few times they've really, really disagreed with each other. It just seems like something Moremilk might do. I mean that in a joking way, not a knock on Moremilk. I don't have a problem with Moremilk. But I could see him -1 everything LX says just for fun.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 06-26-2012, 09:45 PM   #718 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,433
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3answ3r View Post
Im 17 and weigh 120 and am now serious about gaining 10 lbs of muscle by November. I'm thinking protein shakes but do I HAVE to lift and drink for me to gain muscle or can I just drink the shakes and do pushups, chinups, sit-ups, etc. I also do plyometrics

If I do indeed have to lift weights to gain that 10lbs, I'll go to goodlife fitness.
You're fairly light so bodyweight exercises may not do much for you (if you want to pack on mass quickly that is).

I'd join a gym and lift heavy. That'll produce the fastest results if you're eating well.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 06-26-2012, 09:50 PM   #719 (permalink)
is all bout dat life

Can't knock the Hustle
 
Nites's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 15,083
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
You're fairly light so bodyweight exercises may not do much for you (if you want to pack on mass quickly that is).

I'd join a gym and lift heavy. That'll produce the fastest results if you're eating well.
^^What's your weight these days?
Nites is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
Old 06-26-2012, 10:54 PM   #720 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,433
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007nites View Post
^^What's your weight these days?
I've cut down about 15lbs from last year so I'm sitting at about 230 right now. The good thing is that my strength is coming back nicely (had a long layoff due to a shoulder injury) and my arms are finally back to where they were when I was heavier.

Still hoping to bench 315 at some point soon.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24