Anyone here workout daily? - Page 17
Old 03-09-2011, 02:07 AM   #321 (permalink)
N64
not here

Wildcard Bitches
 
N64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,617
Representing:
Default

+ a billion on Insanity...tough as hell but it's worth it.

did 3 weeks straight last month and ate relatively well...lost weight (6 pounds in 3 weeks) cause it's cardio based and I wasn't really drinking protein shakes but I was seeing results. But with a couple weeks of work I stopped for a bit. Gonna start again tomorrow, I'm back to almost 140 again and this time with a proper diet, multivitamins and whey protein, I can't wait...really rewarding when you get used to it and want to workout everyday.
N64 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:39 AM   #322 (permalink)
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb
 
Barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,962
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolimitz64 View Post
+ a billion on Insanity...tough as hell but it's worth it.

did 3 weeks straight last month and ate relatively well...lost weight (6 pounds in 3 weeks) cause it's cardio based and I wasn't really drinking protein shakes but I was seeing results. But with a couple weeks of work I stopped for a bit. Gonna start again tomorrow, I'm back to almost 140 again and this time with a proper diet, multivitamins and whey protein, I can't wait...really rewarding when you get used to it and want to workout everyday.
I don't do the exact program. I just throw on a video when I want some cardio, and I usually can't go as high intensity as they do. But I try my best.
Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:00 AM   #323 (permalink)
adoring his baby girl.

Senior Member
 
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada eh?
Posts: 3,288
Representing:
Default

Update: you know, for the first time in my life I feel like I have this weight thing beat. I've always loved to eat and I've always had low-carb in my back pocket to drop weight after a prolonged binge so I never really needed to get a 'life-plan' of sorts when it came to nutrition and exercise. Ever since being pointed at Bodybuilding.com though I have really figured some things out.

I was able to really understand and accept the science behind weight gain and loss. 3500 calories equals a pound...pure and simple. Now that I have a good idea of my maintenance level of calories I know that I just need to stick to it and I won't gain weight. I always struggled with calorie counting as well...my wife carries a small pad in her purse but that doesn't work for me. I did however find a great app in the Android market called Calorie Counter which tracks the food you eat and shows in a nice widget on my homescreen where i'm at up to the minute. It tracks weight, has an extensive database of food and even barcode scanner for packaged stuff. It's making it so easy to count calories its' not a chore by any means.

I've been doing this now for 3 weeks and I've already seen results with the improved, smarter workouts at the gym and the better eating. I started at 2500 calories and after 3 weeks I have dropped it to 2200. I get about 60-70 grams of fat, 250-300 grams of carb and 140-160 grams of protein each day eating more or less the foods I want. I'm a little more conscience of foods that are high carb but low protein since I need to get a fair amount of protein per day but otherwise I am eating and not feeling like i'm restricting myself. It's awesome!!

I've learned that my water weight fluctuates a fair amount but knowing that it takes eating 3500 calories above my maintenance to put on a lb is comforting

I forget who showed me BB.com but thank you!
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:30 AM   #324 (permalink)
Taz
playing catch-up.

Back in the game.
 
Taz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 1,709
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClingRap View Post
i started swimming again a couple of months ago, and I must say it has become my favorite cardiovascular workout. They've got a pretty good pool at the gym I go to (salt water) and it's always dead mid-day.
Any other swimmers in here?
Yup! Running, swimming, and tennis are the 3 physical activities that I try to keep up with. The pool at the AC at U of T is pretty good ... it gets crowded at various points in the day though, so I used to swim at 5 a.m.
Taz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:32 AM   #325 (permalink)
Taz
playing catch-up.

Back in the game.
 
Taz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 1,709
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick, Wicked and Nasty! View Post
I did however find a great app in the Android market called Calorie Counter which tracks the food you eat and shows in a nice widget on my homescreen where i'm at up to the minute. It tracks weight, has an extensive database of food and even barcode scanner for packaged stuff. It's making it so easy to count calories its' not a chore by any means.
There's one for the iPhone that I have been using for over a year now called "Lose It" that works really well (I think) for anyone using Apple products.
Taz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:02 AM   #326 (permalink)
adoring his baby girl.

Senior Member
 
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada eh?
Posts: 3,288
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz View Post
There's one for the iPhone that I have been using for over a year now called "Lose It" that works really well (I think) for anyone using Apple products.
Sweet. Isn't it so much easier than pen and paper?
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:06 AM   #327 (permalink)
Taz
playing catch-up.

Back in the game.
 
Taz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 1,709
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick, Wicked and Nasty! View Post
Sweet. Isn't it so much easier than pen and paper?
Oh, heck yeah! Before the iPhone, I used to use a Health Canada website and it was a pain in the butt ... the app is great.
Taz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:09 AM   #328 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz View Post
Yup! Running, swimming, and tennis are the 3 physical activities that I try to keep up with. The pool at the AC at U of T is pretty good ... it gets crowded at various points in the day though, so I used to swim at 5 a.m.
Taz,

first time caller, long time listener.

Is there a specific schedule at the U of T pool??

I need to start training for my Triathlon adventure.

Any of you Jackals do Triathlons.... Old man Jackal needs to learn how to train, and I need teammates!!!

Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:17 AM   #329 (permalink)
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb
 
Barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,962
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
Taz,

first time caller, long time listener.

Is there a specific schedule at the U of T pool??

I need to start training for my Triathlon adventure.

Any of you Jackals do Triathlons.... Old man Jackal needs to learn how to train, and I need teammates!!!

There's a pool somewhere in the hood, isn't there???

I swear someone told me there is.
Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:49 AM   #330 (permalink)
Taz
playing catch-up.

Back in the game.
 
Taz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 1,709
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
Taz,

first time caller, long time listener.

Is there a specific schedule at the U of T pool??

I need to start training for my Triathlon adventure.

Any of you Jackals do Triathlons.... Old man Jackal needs to learn how to train, and I need teammates!!!

As far as I know, the AC pool has the same hours as the centre. The Hart House pool is 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. (Mon-Fri) and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Sat/Sun) ... I don't think the hours of operation have changed.
Taz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:17 PM   #331 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,427
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick, Wicked and Nasty! View Post
Update: you know, for the first time in my life I feel like I have this weight thing beat. I've always loved to eat and I've always had low-carb in my back pocket to drop weight after a prolonged binge so I never really needed to get a 'life-plan' of sorts when it came to nutrition and exercise. Ever since being pointed at Bodybuilding.com though I have really figured some things out.

I was able to really understand and accept the science behind weight gain and loss. 3500 calories equals a pound...pure and simple. Now that I have a good idea of my maintenance level of calories I know that I just need to stick to it and I won't gain weight. I always struggled with calorie counting as well...my wife carries a small pad in her purse but that doesn't work for me. I did however find a great app in the Android market called Calorie Counter which tracks the food you eat and shows in a nice widget on my homescreen where i'm at up to the minute. It tracks weight, has an extensive database of food and even barcode scanner for packaged stuff. It's making it so easy to count calories its' not a chore by any means.

I've been doing this now for 3 weeks and I've already seen results with the improved, smarter workouts at the gym and the better eating. I started at 2500 calories and after 3 weeks I have dropped it to 2200. I get about 60-70 grams of fat, 250-300 grams of carb and 140-160 grams of protein each day eating more or less the foods I want. I'm a little more conscience of foods that are high carb but low protein since I need to get a fair amount of protein per day but otherwise I am eating and not feeling like i'm restricting myself. It's awesome!!

I've learned that my water weight fluctuates a fair amount but knowing that it takes eating 3500 calories above my maintenance to put on a lb is comforting

I forget who showed me BB.com but thank you!
You're welcome.

It really is a great site with a TON of useful info. I've been cruising there for about 2 months now and really made some good gains. If nothing else it's really opened my eyes to what the human body is really capable of. Whether it's 65 yr. old guys Deadlifting 400+lbs for reps... or 100lb. women doing 20 pullups and 100lb benchpresses... or guys benching 500lbs with no gear! Pretty inspiring stuff.

Speaking of inspiring (and slightly scary)... this kid is 18 or 19yrs old and deadlifts in excess of 700lbs. I never would have thought it possible if I hadn't seen it. Wow.

TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:32 PM   #332 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
fresh n' spicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: mississauga
Posts: 998
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
You're welcome.

It really is a great site with a TON of useful info. I've been cruising there for about 2 months now and really made some good gains. If nothing else it's really opened my eyes to what the human body is really capable of. Whether it's 65 yr. old guys Deadlifting 400+lbs for reps... or 100lb. women doing 20 pullups and 100lb benchpresses... or guys benching 500lbs with no gear! Pretty inspiring stuff.

Speaking of inspiring (and slightly scary)... this kid is 18 or 19yrs old and deadlifts in excess of 700lbs. I never would have thought it possible if I hadn't seen it. Wow.

what the hell that guy isnt even that big and he deadlifted 700+ wow!
fresh n' spicy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:28 PM   #333 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,512
Representing:
Default

whats the point of that?
when he's 30 he wont be able to get out of bed.
INSIDER is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:35 PM   #334 (permalink)
jonas smellandchewthis

Senior Member
 
thought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,716
Representing:
Default

dude's either shooting something serious or he's been doing deadlifts under the whip since he came out of the womb

or both
thought is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:36 PM   #335 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,427
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thought View Post
dude's either shooting something serious or he's been doing deadlifts under the whip since he came out of the womb

or both
Think I read somewhere that he's been doing that lift since he was 14.

Roids or no... that's impressive.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:07 PM   #336 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,427
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
whats the point of that?
when he's 30 he wont be able to get out of bed.
Dunno about that.... I'd imagine that with that kind of back strength he'll probably be good for a LONG, long time.

D/Ls are good for ya man... as long as you're doing them correctly (like any exercise).
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:47 PM   #337 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,512
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Dunno about that.... I'd imagine that with that kind of back strength he'll probably be good for a LONG, long time.

D/Ls are good for ya man... as long as you're doing them correctly (like any exercise).
Deadlifts are great, no doubt. but when is lifting 700+ pounds ever good for you? especially when thats triple your body weight?

its excessive, and pointless IMO.
INSIDER is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:55 PM   #338 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,729
Representing:
Default

The guys is in socks and his back is hunched like a mofo on the way up.

Dude's going to hurt himself.
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:55 PM   #339 (permalink)
jonas smellandchewthis

Senior Member
 
thought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,716
Representing:
Default

more than anything you'd think he'd overload his nervous system. it's always something i'm thinking about when i do deadlifts or squats.
thought is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:14 PM   #340 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,427
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acie View Post
The guys is in socks and his back is hunched like a mofo on the way up.

Dude's going to hurt himself.
One you start pulling that much weight there's no way that your back DOESN'T hunch. Remember... this isn't some gym newb who just decided to try to pull 700 for fun one day... he's been doing this for a few years.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24