Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   NBA Talk (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f6/)
-   -   Year-End Awards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f6/year-end-awards-20041.html)

thought 04-16-2011 12:10 PM

Year-End Awards
 
MVP: Rose
DPOY: Howard
Sixth man: Lamar Odom
Coach of the Year: Tom Thibodeau
Most Improved Player: Derrick Rose

First-Team All NBA:
G - Rose
G - Kobe
F - LeBron
F- Nowitzki
C - Howard

Second-Team All NBA
G - Westbrook
G - Wade
F - Durant
F - Aldridge
C - Duncan (?)

First-Team All Defensive
G - Westbrook
G - Wade
F - Iguodala
F - Ibaka
C - Howard

Ball Don't Lie 04-16-2011 12:37 PM

If Duncan is on an all NBA team this year hes gotten maybe the biggest star treatment ever in 1 year wth an allstar selection and an all NBA team selection just putting up 13 and 9. Pau Amare and Horford should all be put wayyyy ahead of him.

And Westbrooks reputation has gotten out of hand. Hes not an all defensive player this year. He regressed bigtime from last year on the defensive end.

Dark Knight 04-16-2011 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thriller92 (Post 530877)
And Westbrooks reputation has gotten out of hand. Hes not an all defensive player this year. He regressed bigtime from last year on the defensive end.

Agreed. I would put Chris Paul before Westbrook on the defensive team.

MARTYNAS 04-16-2011 01:53 PM

MVP: Howard ( I know it's gonna be Rose, but I would take Howard)
DPOY: Howard
Sixth man: Lamar Odom
Coach of the Year: Tom Thibodeau
Most Improved Player: Kris Humphries

thought 04-16-2011 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thriller92 (Post 530877)
If Duncan is on an all NBA team this year hes gotten maybe the biggest star treatment ever in 1 year wth an allstar selection and an all NBA team selection just putting up 13 and 9. Pau Amare and Horford should all be put wayyyy ahead of him.

And Westbrooks reputation has gotten out of hand. Hes not an all defensive player this year. He regressed bigtime from last year on the defensive end.

what are your picks then, hoser

Ball Don't Lie 04-16-2011 02:50 PM

MVP: Rose
DPOY: Howard
Sixth man: Lamar Odom
Coach of the Year: Tom Thibodeau
Most Improved Player: Kevin Love

First-Team All NBA:
G - Rose
G - Kobe
F - LeBron
F- Nowitzki
C - Howard

Second-Team All NBA
G - Westbrook
G - Wade
F - Durant
F - Aldridge
C - Stoudemire

First-Team All Defensive
G - Paul
G - Iguodala
F - Deng
F - Ibaka
C - Howard

Bill Haverchuck 04-16-2011 02:51 PM

Aren't there 3 All-NBA teams? Much easier to pick with 3. I'm doing 3. :)

Nites 04-16-2011 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thriller92 (Post 530877)
If Duncan is on an all NBA team this year hes gotten maybe the biggest star treatment ever in 1 year wth an allstar selection and an all NBA team selection just putting up 13 and 9. Pau Amare and Horford should all be put wayyyy ahead of him.

And Westbrooks reputation has gotten out of hand. Hes not an all defensive player this year. He regressed bigtime from last year on the defensive end.

If Duncan makes the All-NBA Team couldn't you make a case of KG making it as well?

Duncan: 13.5ppg, 9.0rpg, 2.7apg, 0.7spg, 1.9bpg

Garnett: 14.9ppg, 9.0rpg, 2.4apg, 1.3spg, 0.8bpg

Nites 04-16-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck (Post 530909)
Aren't there 3 All-NBA teams? Much easier to pick with 3. I'm doing 3. :)

Ya there are 3.

Ball Don't Lie 04-16-2011 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007nites (Post 530956)
If Duncan makes the All-NBA Team couldn't you make a case of KG making it as well?

Duncan: 13.5ppg, 9.0rpg, 2.7apg, 0.7spg, 1.9bpg

Garnett: 14.9ppg, 9.0rpg, 2.4apg, 1.3spg, 0.8bpg


KGs my favorite player, but he shouldnt make any all NBA team either. If Boston didnt crumble in the last couple of months and he kept up his play from earlier in the year where he was around 17 and 10 then probably a 3rd team selection, but not with what transpired. I'd give it to Randolph over either of them too.

Bill Haverchuck 04-16-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thriller92 (Post 530969)
I'd give it to Randolph over either of them too.

+ a million

But, I think you could make a case for why Duncan deserves some votes and should get honourable mention. I agree with your statement mostly because Randolph was beasting most of this season, not necessarily because Duncan was not important.

Bill Haverchuck 04-16-2011 04:53 PM

MVP: Rose
DPOY: Howard
6th man: Odom (could be a landslide)
Coach of the year: Collins or Thibodeau (co-winners?)
MIP: Kyle Lowry (probably won't win, but he's worthy)

First Team All-NBA
C - Howard
F - Nowitzki
F - Lebron
G - Wade
G - Rose

Second Team All-NBA
C - P. Gasol
F - Stoudemire
F - Durant
G - Kobe
G - Ginobili (I know he's not a point, but sometimes two SGs or PGs make the same team)

Third Team All-NBA
C - Aldridge (he played some C this year)
F - Randolph
F - Pierce
G - Paul
G - Westbrook (barely)


Honourable mentions (guys worthy of a few votes, in my opinion): Melo, Nash, D-Will, Rondo, Griffin, Love, Duncan


All-Defensive Team

C - Howard
F - Ibaka
F - Iggy
G - Paul
G - Rondo

Crpe 04-16-2011 05:47 PM

MVP: Rose
DPOY: Chuck Hayes
6th man: Odom
Coach of the year: Collins
MIP: Lowry

First Team All-NBA
C - Howard
F - Nowitzki
F - Durant
G - Lebron
G - Rose

Second Team All-NBA
C - P. Gasol
F - Stoudemire
F - Kobe
G - Wade
G - Westbrook

Third Team All-NBA
C - Aldridge
F - Randolph
F - Pierce
G - Paul
G - Rondo



All-Defensive Team

C - Howard
F - Hayes
F - Brewer
G - Tony Allen
G - Rondo
(No more Stars Bullshit in this unit, I give credit to the defensive specialists)

Ball Don't Lie 04-16-2011 06:08 PM

Pau Gasol is so overrated. Aldridge and Randolph were much better than him overall throughout the year in bigger roles.

thought 04-16-2011 06:15 PM

i agree.

and that's from a laker fan. dude is still soft.

Bill Haverchuck 04-16-2011 11:51 PM

:bosh: : "Yo, Pau is a good player! But why didn't I make a team? Can't a wolf get some love? "

Bill Haverchuck 04-16-2011 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thriller92 (Post 531017)
Pau Gasol is so overrated. Aldridge and Randolph were much better than him overall throughout the year in bigger roles.

If you'd left it at "a little better", then I'd have said "maybe you're right" and "you could probably flip Pau for one of them but it's close".

But "much better"? You're exaggerating.

Bill Haverchuck 04-17-2011 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crpe (Post 530994)

All-Defensive Team

C - Howard
F - Hayes
F - Brewer
G - Tony Allen
G - Rondo
(No more Stars Bullshit in this unit, I give credit to the defensive specialists)

Those are some good picks, especially T. Allen and Hayes.

DuCa00795 04-17-2011 05:51 PM

MVP: Rose
DPOY: Howard
Sixth man: Thaddeus Young
Coach of the Year: Tom Thibodeau
Most Improved Player: Kevin Love
ROTY - Blake Griffin

First-Team All NBA:
G - Rose
G - Kobe
F -Durant
F- Nowitzki
C - Howard

Second-Team All NBA
G - Rondo
G - Wade
F - Lebron
F - Griffin
C - Aldridge

First-Team All Defensive
G - Paul
G - Allen
F - James
F - McGee
C - Howard

Alex 04-21-2011 04:05 PM

MVP: Scalabrine
DPOY: Jose
Sixth man: Dan Gadzuric
Coach of the Year: Byron Scott
Most Improved Player: Darko
ROTY - Hassan Whiteside

First-Team All NBA:
G - Barbosa
G - Sonny
F -Scalabrine
F- Kwame Brown
C - Jared Jeffries

Second-Team All NBA
G - Anthony Carter
G - TMAC
F - Peja
F - Adam Morrison
C - Hasheem Thabeet

First-Team All Defensive
G - Earl Watson
G - Sonny
F - Scalabrine
F - Kwame
C - Thabeet


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24