Wolves waste no time, sign Sessions to an offer sheet
Old 09-04-2009, 02:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
enjoying the RealGM courtesy of RF

Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 839
Representing:
Default Wolves waste no time, sign Sessions to an offer sheet

Quote:
Restricted free-agent Ramon Sessions and the Minnesota Timberwolves have agreed to an offer sheet at around $4 million per year over four years. The fourth season will be a player option.

Chris Sheridan reports that weeks ago, Sessions decided to hold off on committing to the Knicks in the hopes of a new team emerging.

The Bucks will have seven days to decide whether or not to match the terms of the Wolves' offer sheet to Sessions.
RealGM: Basketball Wiretap Archives: Sessions And Wolves Agree To Terms

What in the world are they doing? Two starting point guards. The Rubio aand Flynn in the draft was enough, now half the prblem's gone and you ahve Sessions. Why does a team need three starting caliber point guards? I think it's pretty clear that they'll trade away Rubio's rights. Bad move for my Wolves.
rapsdabest is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
back

Senior Member
 
DuCa00795's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Maratimes
Posts: 3,265
Representing:
Default

Well Rubio isn't coming over for a couple years. And they wanted to play the 2 PG style of ball. Maybe they plan on trading Rubio. Who knows. They are still a basement team.
DuCa00795 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
is pounding

Senior Member
 
VanCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,969
Representing:
Default

i think its a great move for the wolves....session would start and flynn would come off the bench....Sessions + Love + Jefferson...wow....this team will light it up....i hope the bucks dont match.....if this team stays healthy, they will make some noise....
VanCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
enjoying the RealGM courtesy of RF

Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 839
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuCa00795 View Post
Well Rubio isn't coming over for a couple years. And they wanted to play the 2 PG style of ball. Maybe they plan on trading Rubio. Who knows. They are still a basement team.
Could be worse, they could be the Knicks!
rapsdabest is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
enjoying the RealGM courtesy of RF

Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 839
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A00715890 View Post
i think its a great move for the wolves....session would start and flynn would come off the bench....Sessions + Love + Jefferson...wow....this team will light it up....i hope the bucks dont match.....if this team stays healthy, they will make some noise....
Playoffs, no, 30 wins definately.
rapsdabest is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
is pounding

Senior Member
 
VanCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,969
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapsdabest View Post
Playoffs, no, 30 wins definately.
no playoffs...but they have a solid young core....but give em 2 years and they might just make they playoffs.......
VanCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 04:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
enjoying the RealGM courtesy of RF

Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 839
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A00715890 View Post
no playoffs...but they have a solid young core....but give em 2 years and they might just make they playoffs.......
They could make the playoffs next year depending on what happens with sessions and Flynn over this coming season.
rapsdabest is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
a dick

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,151
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapsdabest View Post
RealGM: Basketball Wiretap Archives: Sessions And Wolves Agree To Terms

What in the world are they doing? Two starting point guards. The Rubio aand Flynn in the draft was enough, now half the prblem's gone and you ahve Sessions. Why does a team need three starting caliber point guards? I think it's pretty clear that they'll trade away Rubio's rights. Bad move for my Wolves.
Aren't the Raptors paying Jack $5M/yr to do the role that Sessions will probably fill in Minny? Maybe we shouldn't be criticizing this one? That is, unless you have a problem with Jack.
Apollo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
enjoying the RealGM courtesy of RF

Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 839
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
Aren't the Raptors paying Jack $5M/yr to do the role that Sessions will probably fill in Minny? Maybe we shouldn't be criticizing this one? That is, unless you have a problem with Jack.
I'm criticising the fact that in a cou0ple of years, theyll have three starting caliber pgs.
rapsdabest is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Alias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 26
Representing:
Default

maybe they don't plan on playing a rookie PG for 25+ minutes a game




WHAT? THATS CRAZY!
Alias is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
everybody get off ur arses and vote CB4 to the All Star Game!

Str8 Shooter
 
.40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Maple...by way of Rexdale
Posts: 699
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapsdabest View Post
RealGM: Basketball Wiretap Archives: Sessions And Wolves Agree To Terms

What in the world are they doing? Two starting point guards. The Rubio aand Flynn in the draft was enough, now half the prblem's gone and you ahve Sessions. Why does a team need three starting caliber point guards? I think it's pretty clear that they'll trade away Rubio's rights. Bad move for my Wolves.
Rubio will not play for the Wolves for at least two years and Flynn is an unproven rookie (albeit with a lot of potential). So what's the problem? Sessions will start and that will give Flynn the chance to get settled in to the NBA backing him up. Again, how is this a bad move?
.40 Cal Flakes is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
a dick

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,151
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapsdabest View Post
I'm criticising the fact that in a cou0ple of years, theyll have three starting caliber pgs.
They have two guys who can start and have rights to a player who will be traded. The Wolves have two guys good enough to start, just like the Raptors. If its good for the Raptors then maybe its good for them? I know the Wolves are paying their two guys a lot less that the Raptors are paying their's.

No doubt they deserve criticism for drafting two PGs because that's a fail so far. However, they deserve praise for this because Session, right now, is better than Rubio and he's probably the free agent left out there who fits their team the best. If Flynn isn't ready to start, Session is.

Last edited by Apollo; 09-04-2009 at 05:55 PM.
Apollo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
everybody get off ur arses and vote CB4 to the All Star Game!

Str8 Shooter
 
.40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Maple...by way of Rexdale
Posts: 699
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
They have two guys who can start and have rights to a player who will be traded. The Wolves have two guys good enough to start, just like the Raptors. If its good for the Raptors then maybe its good for them? I know the Wolves are paying their two guys a lot less that the Raptors are paying their's.
+1
...Exactly
.40 Cal Flakes is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
is pounding

Senior Member
 
VanCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,969
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapsdabest View Post
I'm criticising the fact that in a cou0ple of years, theyll have three starting caliber pgs.
dude....thats not a bad thing....sessions is gonna tear it up given the minutes....and flynn had some serious potential....
VanCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
enjoying the RealGM courtesy of RF

Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 839
Representing:
Default

I guess it's not bad now but if they keep everyone and they develop as they should, what will happen when Rubio comes back in 2 years? They'll either take a gamble on Rubio or trade away one of the PGS. Two good pgs can work, but three is just crazy talk. Though I hop I'm wrong as I am a T'Wolves fan!
rapsdabest is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:44 PM   #16 (permalink)
a dick

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,151
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapsdabest View Post
I guess it's not bad now but if they keep everyone and they develop as they should, what will happen when Rubio comes back in 2 years? They'll either take a gamble on Rubio or trade away one of the PGS. Two good pgs can work, but three is just crazy talk. Though I hop I'm wrong as I am a T'Wolves fan!
I think the signing of Sessions and the fact that Flynn has two whole years to cement himself as the man, which he will do, means that Rubio will be traded sooner or later. I don't see him suiting with Minny.
Apollo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:56 PM   #17 (permalink)
is pounding

Senior Member
 
VanCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,969
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
I think the signing of Sessions and the fact that Flynn has two whole years to cement himself as the man, which he will do, means that Rubio will be traded sooner or later. I don't see him suiting with Minny.
i still think they can coexist....all three of them.....sessions is more of a undersized 2...he can play the role Ben Gordon played in Chicago....sessions is gonna be instant offense.....and having Flynn and Rubio at the 1 would be great as well....and if it doesn't work out one will get traded....but i still think it can work out great....this in my opinion it is a win win situation for the Wolves....
VanCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:23 PM   #18 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 11,185
Representing:
Default

I really hope Kahn doesnt plan on having both PGs on thecourt at the same time for long periods of time like hes indicated. If hes watched the NBA in the past 10 years he'd realize it doesnt work for long stretches. It may work against a few teams in short stretches, but over the long run youre going to get exploited vs most teams because of the height mismatch and just the fact that its hard for small players to guard big players, especially if theyre as skilled as the SG's who get a lot of PT in the league.
Ball Don't Lie is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 12:35 AM   #19 (permalink)
pensive

feat. Otto Neurath
 
Ligeia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,086
Representing:
Default

Sessions for $4,000,000 is a heck of a deal, in my opinion. He has shown a lot of potential as a quality starting PG, especially down the stretch last season where he was able to pick up a few triple-doubles and score more regularly. Sure, the T'Wolves will have 3 PG's in a couple years, but at least they'll be working from a position of strength.
Ligeia is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 01:08 AM   #20 (permalink)
wanting harrison barnes

Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 480
Representing:
Default

yea! more pg's for the timberwolves ....
komot is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OFFICIAL: Raptors Sign Jack To Offer Sheet (Pg. 13) Contender Toronto Raptors 273 07-14-2009 01:34 PM
T-Wolves turn down Nets offer Windex NBA Talk 10 06-30-2009 03:08 PM
Carl Landry Signs Offer Sheet with Bobcats Gurk NBA Talk 8 09-25-2008 10:51 PM
Clippers sign Azubuike to offer sheet Kirby NBA Talk 11 07-20-2008 07:22 PM
Bobcats Sign Cavs Holdout Varejao To Offer Sheet Dr. J. Naismith NBA Talk 15 12-05-2007 10:37 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24