Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   NBA Talk (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f6/)
-   -   Wolves on Verge of signing Kirilenko, trading Wes Johnson (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f6/wolves-verge-signing-kirilenko-trading-wes-johnson-23502.html)

forme123 07-25-2012 01:17 PM

Wolves on Verge of signing Kirilenko, trading Wes Johnson
 
Source -- Minnesota Timberwolves, Phoenix Suns, New Orleans Hornets discussing trade - ESPN

lol its halarious how white this team has become (assuming this happens). Possibly the whitest team in the history of the NBA (possible nickname: the cream team?)

Kevin Love
Ricky Rubio
Nikola Pekovic
Greg Steimsma
Andrei Kirilenko
JJ Barea
Luke Ridnour
Alexey Shved
Chase Budinger


In all seriousness tho, combine these guys with derrick williams and brandon roy and I can see these guys making the playoffs in the west...:yeah:

jeffb 07-25-2012 01:20 PM

Man i would have liked to get Kirilenko here Like i said, if Kirilenko was willing to come here i would have amnestied Amir or Kleiza and signed him to a 2yr/8-10Mil contract + TO. He's easily worth 5Mil/yr.


:(

Lowry/Calderon
Derozan/Ross
Kirilenko/Fields
Bargs/Davis
Valanciunas/Gray

pzabby 07-25-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 674260)
Man i would have liked to get Kirilenko here Like i said, if Kirilenko was willing to come here i would have amnestied Amir or Kleiza and signed him to a 2yr/8-10Mil contract + TO. He's easily worth 5Mil/yr.


:(

Lowry/Calderon
Derozan/Ross
Kirilenko/Fields
Bargs/Davis
Valanciunas/Gray

so is kleiza. and that was last year when he was injured....

jeffb 07-25-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzabby (Post 674274)
so is kleiza. and that was last year when he was injured....

I like Kleiza a lot and would prefer Amir be the one to get amnestied but imo Kirilenko is better defensively than Kleiza so if that's what it took i'd do it.

Kirby 07-25-2012 02:00 PM

I think they're signing him for 2 years at 9m a year, Jeff.

jeffb 07-25-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirby (Post 674280)
I think they're signing him for 2 years at 9m a year, Jeff.

Ahhhh, well in that case.

box92 07-25-2012 03:19 PM

If I am not mistaken, we cannot amnesty anyone till next off season

jeffb 07-25-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxman (Post 674326)
If I am not mistaken, we cannot amnesty anyone till next off season

obviously i meant before last week... hense the words would have.

box92 07-25-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 674327)
obviously i meant before last week... hense the words would have.

I was just stating/asking

jeffb 07-25-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxman (Post 674330)
I was just stating/asking

oh, no we can't now until next summer. :haha:

sorry bro

wchoi213 07-25-2012 03:45 PM

If Wolves acquire Kirilenko, then they will have 3 SFs - Derrick W, Budinger, and AK. As Budinger has been traded this month, they can't trade him again. Using one of Derrick or Budinger as third string is a big waste, imo. That being said, Wolves are highly likely to trade Derrick W. away to fill their roster lineup.

So it's a good time for Raptors to make some action here!!!
Trade Ed Davis for Derrick Williams. That would help both teams as Wolves will get a solid PF backup of Kevin Love, and Raptors get a shot to acquire the athletic SF who is capable of playing as a starter (and he's #2 Overall Pick). :cookie:

That will make this lineup:

Lowry/Calderon/JL3
Derozan/Ross
DerrickW/Fields/LK
Barg/Amir/Acy
Val/Gray

Fields can be 2/3 guy and Amir can be 4/5 guy, in case of any injury.

So that would make a very flexible and well-balanced team right here.

I think Derrick Williams has not fully expressed his potential and has tons of room to grow, so I would rather have DerrickW as a starter and let the other guys to support :)

jeffb 07-25-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wchoi213 (Post 674338)
If Wolves acquire Kirilenko, then they will have 3 SFs - Derrick W, Budinger, and AK. As Budinger has been traded this month, they can't trade him again. Using one of Derrick or Budinger as third string is a big waste, imo. That being said, Wolves are highly likely to trade Derrick W. away to fill their roster lineup.

So it's a good time for Raptors to make some action here!!!
Trade Ed Davis for Derrick Williams. That would help both teams as Wolves will get a solid PF backup of Kevin Love, and Raptors get a shot to acquire the athletic SF who is capable of playing as a starter (and he's #2 Overall Pick). :cookie:

i thought they wanted to play williams as a 4 behind love?

carp 07-25-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wchoi213 (Post 674338)
If Wolves acquire Kirilenko, then they will have 3 SFs - Derrick W, Budinger, and AK. As Budinger has been traded this month, they can't trade him again. Using one of Derrick or Budinger as third string is a big waste, imo. That being said, Wolves are highly likely to trade Derrick W. away to fill their roster lineup.

So it's a good time for Raptors to make some action here!!!
Trade Ed Davis for Derrick Williams. That would help both teams as Wolves will get a solid PF backup of Kevin Love, and Raptors get a shot to acquire the athletic SF who is capable of playing as a starter (and he's #2 Overall Pick). :cookie:

That will make this lineup:

Lowry/Calderon/JL3
Derozan/Ross
DerrickW/Fields/LK
Barg/Amir/Acy
Val/Gray

Fields can be 2/3 guy and Amir can be 4/5 guy, in case of any injury.

So that would make a very flexible and well-balanced team right here.

I think Derrick Williams has not fully expressed his potential and has tons of room to grow, so I would rather have DerrickW as a starter and let the other guys to support :)

My guess is that they'd want much more for DWilliams than little eddy davis.

wchoi213 07-25-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 674341)
i thought they wanted to play williams as a 4 behind love?

If they want PF backup, then Ed Davis can do better job as a PF than Derrick Williams. Here's the simple comparison:

Height: DW < ED
Rebounding: DW < ED
Block: DW < ED
Scorability: DW > ED

Derrick Williams is a perfect size for SF (he's as tall as LBJ), but little short for PF. Plus, DW's performance from SL was worse than that of ED - though no one cares about SL stats.

Derrick Williams has higher potential to grow than ED, but with AK and Buddinger on the roster, he simply has no room to grow.

wchoi213 07-25-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 674342)
My guess is that they'd want much more for DWilliams than little eddy davis.

Well, DW was picked at #2 overall draft pick, so they would expect more from DW. However, he was almost considered as a bust for #2 pick.

Actually, he may not be a bust, considering the draft depth of 2011.
(Personally, I would only put brandon knight, klay thompson, and kawhi leonard ahead of DerrickW from the 1st rounder..)

If you consider the EFF of Ed Davis and Derrick W, Ed Davis is more efficient player and he can surely do better job as PF backup than Derrick W.

carp 07-25-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wchoi213 (Post 674345)
Well, DW was picked at #2 overall draft pick, so they would expect more from DW. However, he was almost considered as a bust for #2 pick.

Actually, he may not be a bust, considering the draft depth of 2011.
(Personally, I would only put brandon knight, klay thompson, and kawhi leonard ahead of DerrickW from the 1st rounder..)

If you consider the EFF of Ed Davis and Derrick W, Ed Davis is more efficient player and he can surely do better job as PF backup than Derrick W.

It's harder to find a SF than an undersized PF....I seriously doubt they trade without a significant sweetener considering they asked the bobcats for the #2 pick for him at draft time.

Zalgiris 07-25-2012 04:39 PM

2nd pick for ed davis? :yeah: u must be trolin

carp 07-25-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Žalgiris (Post 674361)
2nd pick for ed davis? :yeah: u must be trolin

lol... ummm.... no.... derrick williams. Someone probably would have offered a second rounder for Ed.

wchoi213 07-25-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 674347)
It's harder to find a SF than an undersized PF....I seriously doubt they trade without a significant sweetener considering they asked the bobcats for the #2 pick for him at draft time.

Well, Ed Davis is not an undersized PF. he's 6'10" PF, a standard height for PF - keep in mind that Chris Bosh is 6'10".

Although ED has some trouble defending a PF with same height (or taller), he can still rebound decent #'s and make some block shots on a daily basis.

As far as the rookie season is concerned, ED spent better rookie season than DerrickW. Only if Raps didn't have excessive PF resource on the lineup, Raps won't do this trade.

Upon AK's arrival, Wolves would prefer ED over DW on their roster and Raps would prefer DW over ED on the roster.

wchoi213 07-25-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Žalgiris (Post 674361)
2nd pick for ed davis? :yeah: u must be trolin

Hey, you shouldn't judge players by the Draft Pick No.
(If you do, then I would say you will consider Thabeet is a better player than those players picked after Thabeet, like Harden, Rubio, Curry, Derozan, etc..)

Once Wolves sign AK, Derrick Williams will remain seated on bench, fighting for minutes with Buddinger. So you can't expect DW to have a significant stat improvement on 12-13 season either.

Just go for head to head comparison of Rookie Season Stats between DW and ED.

Derrick Williams:
21.5MPG, 8.8PPG, 4.7 RPG, 0.5 BPG, 0.4 SPG, 41.2% FG, 26.8% 3PG, 69.7% FT

Ed Davis:
24.6MPG, 7.7PPG, 7.1 RPG, 1.0BPG, 0.6SPG, 57.6% FG, 55.5% FT

Here's the simple question for you.

Do you still argue Derrick Williams is a better player than Ed Davis?

Every team has different needs and I just came up with this trade idea, based on each team's needs. You can't just assume I'm trolling without any supporting argument!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24