WC PLAYOFFS RD 2 : (1)OKC THUNDER vs (5)MEM GRIZZLIES - Page 6

Go Back   Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards > NBA Discussion > NBA Talk

View Poll Results: Who wins and in how many games?
OKC IN 4 0 0%
OKC IN 5 0 0%
OKC IN 6 2 9.52%
OKC IN 7 2 9.52%
MEM IN 4 0 0%
MEM IN 5 2 9.52%
MEM IN 6 11 52.38%
MEM IN 7 4 19.05%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 02:59 AM   #101 (permalink)
baking the cookies of discontent.

Corner 3


 
finstock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,140
Representing:
Default

I love the way this Grizz team plays. But as a Vancouverite I'm a little bitter. I find myself rooting for them, based on their style, but when I realize it could have been here, it's demoralizing. I soothe myself by thinking Gasol and ZBO and Conley wouldn't have wanted to play in Vancouver and the team would have been forever mired in mediocrity. Blah.

Bad day for hoops in the Pacific Northwest.
finstock is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:14 AM   #102 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,276
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by finstock View Post
I love the way this Grizz team plays. But as a Vancouverite I'm a little bitter. I find myself rooting for them, based on their style, but when I realize it could have been here, it's demoralizing. I soothe myself by thinking Gasol and ZBO and Conley wouldn't have wanted to play in Vancouver and the team would have been forever mired in mediocrity. Blah.

Bad day for hoops in the Pacific Northwest.
This wouldn't be happening if the team was still in Vancouver.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:15 AM   #103 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,092
Representing:
Default

So Kendrick Perkins can't hit a two footer. Serge Ibaka struggles to hit a 8 footer after the first minute of the game.

Both are brought to tears at some point during the game because of their incompetence.

Because of this, Gasol is essentially allowed to play rover and just stand on the strong side.

And yet....he's getting the defensive credit on this forum rather than the two guys who were hounding the best scorer in the NBA for 94 feet up and down the court.
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:19 AM   #104 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,276
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
So Kendrick Perkins can't hit a two footer. Serge Ibaka struggles to hit a 8 footer after the first minute of the game.

Both are brought to tears at some point during the game because of their incompetence.

Because of this, Gasol is essentially allowed to play rover and just stand on the strong side.

And yet....he's getting the defensive credit on this forum rather than the two guys who were hounding the best scorer in the NBA for 94 feet up and down the court.

Highonpsi?
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:34 AM   #105 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,092
Representing:
Default

Keep pounding the rock Jeff

Last edited by bjjs; 05-16-2013 at 07:38 AM.
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:37 AM   #106 (permalink)
baking the cookies of discontent.

Corner 3


 
finstock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,140
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
This wouldn't be happening if the team was still in Vancouver.
Enlighten me. Obviously the team wouldn't have the same makeup. The roster would likely be different. Heck, Stromile Swift might be their best player right now. But there's no reason to believe that a team still in Vancouver could not have made a push like this just because it's Vancouver.
finstock is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:49 AM   #107 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,276
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by finstock View Post
Enlighten me. Obviously the team wouldn't have the same makeup. The roster would likely be different. Heck, Stromile Swift might be their best player right now. But there's no reason to believe that a team still in Vancouver could not have made a push like this just because it's Vancouver.


And there is no reason to think it would have. That organization was run far worse than the Raps. Not impossible but I'll say highly unlikely.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:25 AM   #108 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,056
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
So Kendrick Perkins can't hit a two footer. Serge Ibaka struggles to hit a 8 footer after the first minute of the game.

Both are brought to tears at some point during the game because of their incompetence.

Because of this, Gasol is essentially allowed to play rover and just stand on the strong side.

And yet....he's getting the defensive credit on this forum rather than the two guys who were hounding the best scorer in the NBA for 94 feet up and down the court.
Yea there is no denying Allen and Prince did a great job. When Prince was on KD, he wasn't even able to get the ball half the time, and Allen was just awesome. The two bigs played good help D on KD as well
Gurk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:49 AM   #109 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,701
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
So Kendrick Perkins can't hit a two footer. Serge Ibaka struggles to hit a 8 footer after the first minute of the game.

Both are brought to tears at some point during the game because of their incompetence.

Because of this, Gasol is essentially allowed to play rover and just stand on the strong side.

And yet....he's getting the defensive credit on this forum rather than the two guys who were hounding the best scorer in the NBA for 94 feet up and down the court.
Gasol still has to come over and contest without fouling, something almost no big in the NBA can do consistently vs Kevin Durant because he's so frail and the refs love him. Gasol tipped, blocked, or shut off every opportunity KD had at the rim. I already stated Tony Allen and Mike Conley did a great job of swarming him on the perimeter, as well as Prince contesting his shots in the 1st half, but they were able to play frenzied defence and pressure him because they knew they had Gasol behind them.

Tony Allen WAS in KDs head the last 7 minutes of the game though. KD was overprotecting his dribble even when Allen wasn't swiping at the ball, which was funny to watch because you could see KD was shook.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:05 PM   #110 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,092
Representing:
Default

Memphis 4 : SAS 3

Indiana 2: MIA 4


MIA 4 : MEM 1
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:38 PM   #111 (permalink)
stank

member
 
Someguy again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,381
Representing:
Default

interesting to see memphis matchup against a competent coach with real late game plays rather than scott brooks and vinny del negros school of thought of "give it to franchise player so he can go wild" in the clutch.

grizzlies and spurs series is hard to call, the big three may be old, but they know how to work against a physical team time and time again.
Someguy again is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:39 PM   #112 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,747
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
Memphis 4 : SAS 3

Indiana 2: MIA 4


MIA 4 : MEM 1

SAS 4 : Memphis3
Indiana 1: MIA 4

SAS 4 : MIA 3
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:42 PM   #113 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,747
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someguy again View Post
interesting to see memphis matchup against a competent coach with real late game plays rather than scott brooks and vinny del negros school of thought of "give it to franchise player so he can go wild" in the clutch.

grizzlies and spurs series is hard to call, the big three may be old, but they know how to work against a physical team time and time again.
Oh absolutely, Brooks was in over his head with Hollins and I think Hollins will be in over his head with Pop.

I love the Spurs...go Spurs!
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:43 PM   #114 (permalink)
stank

member
 
Someguy again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,381
Representing:
Default

btw talking with some workmates about the grizzlies and we argued the better defensive team was in recent years? the '07-'08 celtics, 2004 pistons or the present grizzlies?
Someguy again is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:50 PM   #115 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,056
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someguy again View Post
btw talking with some workmates about the grizzlies and we argued the better defensive team was in recent years? the '07-'08 celtics, 2004 pistons or the present grizzlies?
I heard yesterday that this years Grizz had the most games in a season with holding teams under 100 points. I think it was like 71 games
Gurk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:54 PM   #116 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,747
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someguy again View Post
btw talking with some workmates about the grizzlies and we argued the better defensive team was in recent years? the '07-'08 celtics, 2004 pistons or the present grizzlies?
I would probably go Pistons, Celtics, Grizz. I like them all though but those pistons on 04 were something to watch, and in 2006 4 out of the 5 starters were all stars together - says a lot for that team. As for Boston, I think KG and Perkins would have owned Zeebo and Marc with their speed and balanced game on both sides of the ball.
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:15 PM   #117 (permalink)
up there

][__ . //-\\ .
 
ClutchCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 2,777
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 View Post
SAS 4 : Memphis3
Indiana 1: MIA 4

SAS 4 : MIA 3
Lol. Spurs would get slapped around by the heat. 5 games max.
ClutchCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:42 AM   #118 (permalink)
is all bout dat life

Can't knock the Hustle
 
Nites's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,224
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 View Post
I would probably go Pistons, Celtics, Grizz. I like them all though but those pistons on 04 were something to watch, and in 2006 4 out of the 5 starters were all stars together - says a lot for that team. As for Boston, I think KG and Perkins would have owned Zeebo and Marc with their speed and balanced game on both sides of the ball.
2003 Spurs had elite defense as well.

Duncan
Bowen
Robinson
Jackson
Rose
Claxton
Ginobili
Nites is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24