Thriller's Around the NBA Daily (10/11 Edition with Full Team Previews) - Page 6

Go Back   Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards > NBA Discussion > NBA Talk

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Finals this Year?
LAL 26 28.89%
MIA 14 15.56%
BOS 26 28.89%
ORL 3 3.33%
POR 4 4.44%
DAL 3 3.33%
SAS 5 5.56%
CHI 3 3.33%
OKC 3 3.33%
OTHER 3 3.33%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2010, 01:28 AM   #101 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Utah beats OKC in OKC 120-99


D-Will- 16pts/15asts/6reb

Milsap- 30pts/16reb/6asts
whats so about D Will's stats, thats Rondo every game
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:21 AM   #102 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,927
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
whats so about D Will's stats, thats Rondo every game
Mehh, Rondo plays with four future HOF players, i could get those stats on that team. lol
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:26 AM   #103 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,029
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Mehh, Rondo plays with four future HOF players, i could get those stats on that team. lol
How does he get the rebounds then? Just curious.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:28 AM   #104 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,927
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
How does he get the rebounds then? Just curious.
I'm not saying he's a completely shit player, he's easily one of the best PG's in the league, but you also have to look at the team he plays on.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:34 AM   #105 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,029
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
I'm not saying he's a completely shit player, he's easily one of the best PG's in the league, but you also have to look at the team he plays on.
So you didn't really answer my question huh?

Not even looking at the assist numbers (which are hard to do, by your logic Arroyo should be leading the league in assists considering who HE plays with ) but look at his defense as well and as I said his rebounding.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:46 AM   #106 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Mehh, Rondo plays with four future HOF players, i could get those stats on that team. lol
doesnt playing with stars take stats away form you, since you have to share?
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:04 AM   #107 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,927
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
doesnt playing with stars take stats away form you, since you have to share?
Not assists, and really not in points either since guys like Allen, Pierce and KG get more attention... they're the ones who's points have each gone down.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:06 AM   #108 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,927
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
So you didn't really answer my question huh?

Not even looking at the assist numbers (which are hard to do, by your logic Arroyo should be leading the league in assists considering who HE plays with ) but look at his defense as well and as I said his rebounding.
You think Arroyo is really making plays for others as much as Lebron and Wade. Rondo doesn't have guys around hime that handle the ball anywhere near what those players do. Put Rondo on Miami and his stats would drop.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:18 AM   #109 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,029
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
You think Arroyo is really making plays for others as much as Lebron and Wade. Rondo doesn't have guys around hime that handle the ball anywhere near what those players do. Put Rondo on Miami and his stats would drop.
I'm beginning to think you really don't know what you're talking about.

Team actually focus on stopping Rondo from getting into the paint. There's an actual game plan to stop him. So this whole illusion you have where you mention that teams focus on Pierce, KG and Allen is completely wrong. Teams have begun to sag off of Allen and even KG by not doubling. KG right now is a shell of his former self. Maybe 5-7 years ago I'd agree with you. But not today. Teams focus on Rondo on the offensive end forcing him to be a playmaker (his weakest part of his game actually the last few years). The fact that he's putting up big numbers and excelling at what was his weakest part is quite interesting. Hell, it's not as easy as simply getting an assist with a talented squad. You have to get the ball to the guy where he has the ability to get the easiest look as well.

And my Arroyo comment was in direct relation to this comment by you:

Quote:
Rondo plays with four future HOF players, i could get those stats on that team.
Therefore, by using YOUR logic of playing with future HOF players I threw in Arroyo for fun. I understand the ridiculousness of mentioning Arroyo, but it's ridiculous because the original statement is JUST as ridiculous.

Also, I'd argue that while Rondo's assist numbers would drop, his rebounding numbers would possibly rise because of the lack of bigs on Miami's team.

And plus Rondo proves his worth on the defensive end and even offensive end. If it wasn't for Rondo's leadership in his 2nd year Boston likely doesn't win a championship.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:26 AM   #110 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,927
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
I'm beginning to think you really don't know what you're talking about.

Team actually focus on stopping Rondo from getting into the paint. There's an actual game plan to stop him. So this whole illusion you have where you mention that teams focus on Pierce, KG and Allen is completely wrong. Teams have begun to sag off of Allen and even KG by not doubling. KG right now is a shell of his former self. Maybe 5-7 years ago I'd agree with you. But not today. Teams focus on Rondo on the offensive end forcing him to be a playmaker (his weakest part of his game actually the last few years). The fact that he's putting up big numbers and excelling at what was his weakest part is quite interesting. Hell, it's not as easy as simply getting an assist with a talented squad. You have to get the ball to the guy where he has the ability to get the easiest look as well.

And my Arroyo comment was in direct relation to this comment by you:



Therefore, by using YOUR logic of playing with future HOF players I threw in Arroyo for fun. I understand the ridiculousness of mentioning Arroyo, but it's ridiculous because the original statement is JUST as ridiculous.

Also, I'd argue that while Rondo's assist numbers would drop, his rebounding numbers would possibly rise because of the lack of bigs on Miami's team.

And plus Rondo proves his worth on the defensive end and even offensive end. If it wasn't for Rondo's leadership in his 2nd year Boston likely doesn't win a championship.

I agree with everything you're saying, i was obviously exaggerating when saying shit like "i could do that on that team", he's a great defender and a great passer but all i'm saying is that his stats are a little skewed by being the PG on that team. And like i said, i'm not disputing that he's one of the best PG's in the NBA.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:41 AM   #111 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,856
Representing:
Default

Chicago Portland should be a great game tonight. Rose going up vs one of the better defensive frontcourts in the league, it'll be interesting to see if CHI can effectively score vs the Blazers. Noah vs Camby, old Camby vs new Camby too.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:45 AM   #112 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,029
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
I agree with everything you're saying, i was obviously exaggerating when saying shit like "i could do that on that team", he's a great defender and a great passer but all i'm saying is that his stats are a little skewed by being the PG on that team. And like i said, i'm not disputing that he's one of the best PG's in the NBA.
And I'm saying that it's a ridiculous statement to even make because it doesn't mean anything.

Were Bosh's numbers inflated because of who he played with (receiving all the attention)?

Are Nash's numbers inflated because of the offenses he's been in all of his career?

How about Kidd? etc.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:57 PM   #113 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,488
Representing:
Default

Rondo would actually put up even better numbers if he wasnt on Boston. the fact that he plays with 4 future HOFers actually hurts his stats. the kid is just plain awesome.

i used to be a hater, but i cant deny it anymore... he's the big 1 on that big 4.
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:29 PM   #114 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,856
Representing:
Default

Eric Gordon just threw down the best dunk of the year so far on James Anderson. Wow.

What the hell happened to Batum today? I thought he got injured and Deng went off on one of their backups but he got lit up according to Blazer fans
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:03 PM   #115 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,488
Representing:
Default

2 things ive noticed...
1) Elton Brand may be back
2) John Wall is officially here!
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:17 PM   #116 (permalink)
a paranoid android

My name is Iņigo Montoya

 
Belsius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 10,547
Representing:
Default

And portland is scary. If oden stays at least a little healthy, wich I think he finally will, they really could be second in the west. And they are one of the few teams that can actually beat the lakers matching their size.
Belsius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:24 PM   #117 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
2 things ive noticed...
1) Elton Brand may be back
2) John Wall is officially here!
was he ever gone?

J. Wall 29 Pts, 2 Reb, 13 Ast, 9 Stl
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:29 PM   #118 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,490
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
9 Stl
Dark Knight is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:31 PM   #119 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,927
Representing:
Default

John Wall tonight

9 steals + 8 Turnovers





Lord giveth, lord taketh away...
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:48 PM   #120 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,927
Representing:
Default

WTF is up with NBATV Canada?

No more games then when it was RapsTV, i don't see much of a difference.

7 games tonight, not one on NBATV.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24