Thriller's Around the NBA Daily (10/11 Edition with Full Team Previews) - Page 14

Go Back   Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards > NBA Discussion > NBA Talk

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Finals this Year?
LAL 26 28.89%
MIA 14 15.56%
BOS 26 28.89%
ORL 3 3.33%
POR 4 4.44%
DAL 3 3.33%
SAS 5 5.56%
CHI 3 3.33%
OKC 3 3.33%
OTHER 3 3.33%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2010, 12:20 AM   #261 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,146
Representing:
Default

^

My GF always said CB looked very affeminate. She'd love that picture.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:21 AM   #262 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

Just goes to show how good Lebron really is... the Heat didn't play too well at all outside of maybe him and Haslem.... yet they were right in it at the end because he took over the game.

Bron needs to play the point.

And Bosh needs to pull his head out of his ass and grab some damn rebounds. Get back in the weight room man!

My love affair with Rondo continues.... I think I saw a stat that said that he has more assists right now that the whole OKC team lol.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:22 AM   #263 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

Oh yeah.... and Deng looks like he's ressurected his career this season. Dude is looking GOOD these days.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:24 AM   #264 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Riley countdown starts now
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:14 AM   #265 (permalink)
saying Go Bucks, Raptors, 49ers, Reds and Blue Jackets!

Senior Member
 
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 4,853
Representing:
Default

Lakers about to go down for the first time maybe. Down 7 with 2 to go to Denver.

Carmelo huge game 32points 12rebounds but Ty Lawson huge in the 4th Q with 11points already(17 total points).
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:20 AM   #266 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

only one undefeated team left

NOLA
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:31 AM   #267 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,568
Representing:
Default

the game shifted as soon as Denver went small and put Al Harrington on Gasol.
he was totally taken out of his game and the Lakers collapsed.
i dont even think he had a point in the last 20 minutes.
INSIDER is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:49 AM   #268 (permalink)
is all bout dat life

Can't knock the Hustle
 
Nites's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,689
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Just goes to show how good Lebron really is... the Heat didn't play too well at all outside of maybe him and Haslem.... yet they were right in it at the end because he took over the game.

Bron needs to play the point.

And Bosh needs to pull his head out of his ass and grab some damn rebounds. Get back in the weight room man!

My love affair with Rondo continues.... I think I saw a stat that said that he has more assists right now that the whole OKC team lol.
Bosh looks so pinner now.
Nites is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:09 AM   #269 (permalink)
baking the cookies of discontent.

Corner 3
 
finstock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,140
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007nites View Post
Bosh looks so pinner now.
Watch him here. Saw this a lot during his time as a Raptor. Sure, clearly our offense isn't as high octane without Bosh, but our defense is improved. Bosh and Bargs are both - perhaps not equally - allergic to challenging shots at the rim. Reggie Miller even pointed it out tonight - on a different occasion too.

finstock is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:27 AM   #270 (permalink)
is all bout dat life

Can't knock the Hustle
 
Nites's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,689
Representing:
Default

lol Reggie Miller said it perfectly
Nites is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:30 AM   #271 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

were those Heat fans cheering?
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 04:34 AM   #272 (permalink)
cool

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 819
Representing:
Default

Is Mario Chalmers gonna be the next Marcus Banks?
neojiphre is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:41 AM   #273 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,739
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneironaught View Post
Watch him here. Saw this a lot during his time as a Raptor. Sure, clearly our offense isn't as high octane without Bosh, but our defense is improved. Bosh and Bargs are both - perhaps not equally - allergic to challenging shots at the rim. Reggie Miller even pointed it out tonight - on a different occasion too.

YouTube - Rajon Rondo's Monster Dunk vs Miami Heat.
Reggie was right in that instance- and then he really went off on Bosh, except that as he was doing so, the replay was showing Bosh challenging at the rim and changing the shot successfully. Reggie Miller is about as big of a doofus as there is.

And our defense doesn't really look to be improved all that much. It looked much better to me over that successful stretch last season. But Bosh was definitely bigger and stronger at that point.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:06 AM   #274 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

I think if LBJ stayed in Cleveland with Coach Scott, things would be good
they were very close with a worse coach
rotations are improved
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:26 AM   #275 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

LOVED seeing Rondo stuff it down Bosh's chicken neck throat.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:44 AM   #276 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,030
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Just goes to show how good Lebron really is... the Heat didn't play too well at all outside of maybe him and Haslem.... yet they were right in it at the end because he took over the game.

Bron needs to play the point.

And Bosh needs to pull his head out of his ass and grab some damn rebounds. Get back in the weight room man!

My love affair with Rondo continues.... I think I saw a stat that said that he has more assists right now that the whole OKC team lol.
LeBron playing the point would work if he had worse teammates.

LeBron playing the point with Wade and Bosh wouldn't work because I have some serious questions if he could ever get those two guys going in a game. He needs the ball in his hands to be very effective because without the ball, he doesn't move all that great as he relies on power more than anything else.

Instead of signing Mike Miller they SHOULD'VE signed Steve Blake. A guy who can run an offence capably, hit the open jumper and not need the ball to be effective. Arroyo looks lost out there.

And yes, while I love D-Will (bjjs made a great point about Nash) Rondo right now is impressing the hell out of me. He's quickly becoming my second favorite player right now because of how hard he works. He loves to do the little things and he's really playing with no ego.

IF Boston stays healthy and get Perkins back that's one tough, tough team to beat.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:28 AM   #277 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,734
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
LeBron playing the point with Wade and Bosh wouldn't work because I have some serious questions if he could ever get those two guys going in a game. He needs the ball in his hands to be very effective because without the ball, he doesn't move all that great as he relies on power more than anything else.
This is what I was getting at in another thread. LBJ doesn't trust his teammates enough with the game on the line. He's not a good point guard, unfortunately because that's what he wants to be. I'm not sure Steve Blake would fare well on Miami as he would end up being a spot up shooter watching LBJ as well.

The number of PGs I could actually see Lebron submitting the pg duties to is pretty small. I'm not sure if Nash would like playing with those guys, but that would be a match made in heaven, and he would get them out and running.
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:20 PM   #278 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,030
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
This is what I was getting at in another thread. LBJ doesn't trust his teammates enough with the game on the line. He's not a good point guard, unfortunately because that's what he wants to be. I'm not sure Steve Blake would fare well on Miami as he would end up being a spot up shooter watching LBJ as well.

The number of PGs I could actually see Lebron submitting the pg duties to is pretty small. I'm not sure if Nash would like playing with those guys, but that would be a match made in heaven, and he would get them out and running.
Thinking of it though, Nash needs the ball in his hands to create. I don't know how effective he'd be in that line up.

I mention Steve Blake because at least defenses wouldn't sag off him as they do Arroyo. He's at LEAST another threat out there in the starting unit. Arroyo is, well, nothing.

I'm still trying to figure out what Mike Miller is going to do because he really doesn't address any particular need unless you're moving LeBron to the point where it'll be a clusterfuck. Hell, James Jones does what you need out of Miller (hit open jumpers).
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:02 PM   #279 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
Thinking of it though, Nash needs the ball in his hands to create. I don't know how effective he'd be in that line up.

I mention Steve Blake because at least defenses wouldn't sag off him as they do Arroyo. He's at LEAST another threat out there in the starting unit. Arroyo is, well, nothing.

I'm still trying to figure out what Mike Miller is going to do because he really doesn't address any particular need unless you're moving LeBron to the point where it'll be a clusterfuck. Hell, James Jones does what you need out of Miller (hit open jumpers).
This is why either Lebron or Wade need to run point... so that they can play Eddie House at the 2 and the opposition will actually have to GUARD someone who can shoot the ball.

Those guys are 2 of the top 3 players in the league.... I can't believe that they're not smart enough to learn how to run a team.

As long as they insist on going with Arroyo they'll struggle.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:24 PM   #280 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,030
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
This is why either Lebron or Wade need to run point... so that they can play Eddie House at the 2 and the opposition will actually have to GUARD someone who can shoot the ball.

Those guys are 2 of the top 3 players in the league.... I can't believe that they're not smart enough to learn how to run a team.

As long as they insist on going with Arroyo they'll struggle.
Is Eddie House THAT much more of an upgrade though. Instead of sagging like they do, they'll just play up on him.

House is at his best when teams are forced to defend the low position. Against good defenses, the drive and kick only gets you so far.

Also, if House isn't hitting jumpers he's worthless.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24