Thomas to Bobcats?
Old 02-18-2010, 12:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
saying too many dudes are Tyson Chandler, trying to lead their teams and went nowhere

Scarborough, We Go Hard..
 
MangoKidHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,915
Representing:
Thomas to Bobcats?

Saw this in the ESPN Insider Section. Looks like there will be a new home for Tyrus Thomas.

Quote:
Once Tyrus Thomas went on a profanity-laced against Vinny Del Negro earlier this month, it was believed he would likely get dealt before the deadline. It's also likely he's not in the Bulls' long-term plans regardless of the incident.

Previously, we've mentioned that the Nuggets, Spurs, Blazers, Knicks, Bobcats and Rockets have all shown interest in Thomas. But the Rockets and Bulls didn't do a deal for Tracy McGrady, the Blazers picked up Marcus Camby, the Spurs have yet to make room for him and talks with the Knicks have basically stopped.

So that leaves one team: the Bobcats.

And as ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher reports, Thomas will be sent to Charlotte in exchange for Acie Law, Flip Murray and a protected future first-round pick.

Last edited by MangoKidHoops; 02-18-2010 at 12:24 PM.
MangoKidHoops is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
a fan of scratching his bare bum and smelling his fingers.

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 427
Representing:
Default

whos thomas?
edit: Oh you meant tyrus
osamu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
the go-to-guy

avatar by F1nir_
 
Mr4thQuarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,770
Representing:
Default

Tyrus
Mr4thQuarter is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
saying too many dudes are Tyson Chandler, trying to lead their teams and went nowhere

Scarborough, We Go Hard..
 
MangoKidHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,915
Representing:
Default

My bad. It's Tyrus.
MangoKidHoops is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
a fan of scratching his bare bum and smelling his fingers.

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 427
Representing:
Default

Other Gms are so active.
osamu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
the go-to-guy

avatar by F1nir_
 
Mr4thQuarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,770
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by osamu View Post
Other Gms are so active.
well they lost to the Nets so they're in panic mode now.

jk
Mr4thQuarter is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
is waiting for the season to start

Senior Member
 
Ex2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr4thQuarter View Post
well they lost to the Nets so they're in panic mode now.

jk
We lost to Memphis on a back to back for them! And our Big free agent signing from the off season got 1 point

lol JK
Ex2k is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
a fan of scratching his bare bum and smelling his fingers.

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 427
Representing:
Default

done deal
osamu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,933
Representing:
Default

Teams surrounding us are getting better, this is frustrating.

Last edited by jeffb; 02-18-2010 at 02:11 PM.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
a fan of scratching his bare bum and smelling his fingers.

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 427
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Teams surrounding us are getting better, this is frustrating. :frustrating:
I was thinking about that. Every team except Orlando and the Hawks have made roster improvements. Every relevant team that is...
osamu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
the go-to-guy

avatar by F1nir_
 
Mr4thQuarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,770
Representing:
Default

Not true. If the Bobcats get better the Bulls are getting worse. Not to mention they lost Salmons too.
Mr4thQuarter is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
a fan of scratching his bare bum and smelling his fingers.

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 427
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr4thQuarter View Post
Not true. If the Bobcats get better the Bulls are getting worse. Not to mention they lost Salmons too.
Bulls are making cap space
osamu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,933
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr4thQuarter View Post
Not true. If the Bobcats get better the Bulls are getting worse. Not to mention they lost Salmons too.
True enough but the Bulls are an 8th place team when all is said and done.

5-6-7 spots are up for grabs for Toronto-Miami-Charlotte and we're the only team doing absolutely nothing, or so it seems.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
the go-to-guy

avatar by F1nir_
 
Mr4thQuarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,770
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by osamu View Post
Bulls are making cap space
thanks for stating the obvious, but doesn't change the fact that not every team around us is improving.
Mr4thQuarter is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,933
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr4thQuarter View Post
thanks for stating the obvious, but doesn't change the fact that not every team around us is improving.
3. Boston *(improving)
4. Atlanta (no need to improve, would kill us in the playoffs as it is)
5. Toronto (nadda)
6. Charlotte *(improving)
7. Miami *(improving by the looks of it)
8. Chicago (shedding contract)
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
a fan of scratching his bare bum and smelling his fingers.

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 427
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr4thQuarter View Post
thanks for stating the obvious, but doesn't change the fact that not every team around us is improving.
Well genius they are making cap space to sign another player this summer. What are we doing, waiting for derozan to become jordan. Every relevant team has improved at set themselves up for the future. Our future will remain the same as the present
osamu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
the go-to-guy

avatar by F1nir_
 
Mr4thQuarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,770
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
True enough but the Bulls are an 8th place team when all is said and done.

5-6-7 spots are up for grabs for Toronto-Miami-Charlotte and we're the only team doing absolutely nothing, or so it seems.
So it seems. And I'm fine with it. Team is doing well, bad loss yesterday but they should bounce back. I'm not on the 2nd round or bust bandwagon anyway. It's play well or bust for me. Then solidify the core by resigning Bosh and take it from there. All those teams with cap space, they can't all sign a superstar. Some are gonna suck for a while. And Bobcats pick up Tyrus is a good move but it doesn't worry me one bit. Heat making moves, hmm, have to see, nothing real yet. Btw deadline in 1 hour?
Mr4thQuarter is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:24 PM   #18 (permalink)
a fan of scratching his bare bum and smelling his fingers.

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 427
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr4thQuarter View Post
So it seems. And I'm fine with it. Team is doing well, bad loss yesterday but they should bounce back. I'm not on the 2nd round or bust bandwagon anyway. It's play well or bust for me. Then solidify the core by resigning Bosh and take it from there. All those teams with cap space, they can't all sign a superstar. Some are gonna suck for a while. And Bobcats pick up Tyrus is a good move but it doesn't worry me one bit. Heat making moves, hmm, have to see, nothing real yet. Btw deadline in 1 hour?
Yup that sums it all up... resign bosh, amir, wright, rasho. Use the MLE to sign a free agent willing to come here.
osamu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
the go-to-guy

avatar by F1nir_
 
Mr4thQuarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,770
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by osamu View Post
Well genius they are making cap space to sign another player this summer. What are we doing, waiting for derozan to become jordan. Every relevant team has improved at set themselves up for the future. Our future will remain the same as the present
Oh really? I didn't know that.

DeRozan, 20 y. o., major upside
Bosh 25, upside/beast
Barg 24, upside
Weems 23, upside
Amir, upside
Belinelli 23, upside

Turkoglu, can't only get better from what we've seen so far

Jack, Josť, Wright - solid role players

Triano - major upside

chemnistry of playing together long time - huge upside

next year some expirings in Banks and Evans can turn into a solid player plus MLE added

yeah Raps will remain the same as they are now I give up
Mr4thQuarter is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:27 PM   #20 (permalink)
a fan of scratching his bare bum and smelling his fingers.

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 427
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr4thQuarter View Post
Oh really? I didn't know that.

DeRozan, 20 y. o., major upside
Bosh 25, upside/beast
Barg 24, upside
Weems 23, upside
Amir, upside
Belinelli 23, upside

Turkoglu, can't only get better from what we've seen so far

Jack, Josť, Wright - solid role players

Triano - major upside

chemnistry of playing together long time - huge upside

next year some expirings in Banks and Evans can turn into a solid player plus MLE added

yeah Raps will remain the same as they are now I give up
Like magic ehhh, we'd have so many most improved player candidates..... awesome logic
osamu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24