The super-duper, all-in-one Jeremy Lin thread - Page 40
Old 02-15-2012, 09:55 PM   #781 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,433
Representing:
Default

Final stat line for Lin vs. SAC: 10 pts, 5 rebs, 13 assists, 6 TOs. In 26 min for a change.

Knick win their 7th in a row. 100-85... and move to .500 at 15-15. Jeez. Can't believe we were only a game behind them not too long ago.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:25 PM   #782 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 30,071
Representing:
Default

Here's what's really shocking. The stache is winning with defense.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:08 PM   #783 (permalink)
The Professional Scorer

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,585
Representing:
Default

Thats a very productive 26 mins. Love how he plays with a lot of heart and passion and never gives up. You cant teach that

Does any body know where I can find this very 1st game with the knicks? Full game
JDMtors is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:14 PM   #784 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,816
Representing:
Default


oh how it's turned around.
Kirby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:16 PM   #785 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,433
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Here's what's really shocking. The stache is winning with defense.
I was going to mention something about this.... really is surprising!
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:26 PM   #786 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,653
Representing:
Default

Stephen A is Linsane.
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:27 PM   #787 (permalink)
a nacho hound

Senior Member
 
Toby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South of Portland, home of the Blazers
Posts: 6,064
Representing:
Default

Toby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:28 PM   #788 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,653
Representing:
Default

gold
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:35 PM   #789 (permalink)
and that's the bottom line, cause JV said so!!!

This is how U(jiri) do it
 
Carlos Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Halifax
Posts: 3,923
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OP13 View Post
Is it just me or he is really acting like a straight up G from Ghetto? All that crap after made shots, and those handshakes always makes me laugh. Why to act like someone you are clearly not?
YES!! I said the same thing.


The god stuff..oi vey. Durant does the same thing, annoying.
Carlos Danger is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:42 PM   #790 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:46 PM   #791 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,470
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Lin's turnover penchant is of obvious concern and the one -- one -- area where he is showing a weakness. In seven games this season in which he has played 20 or more minutes, Lin is averaging 4.9 turnovers per game. He's had six or more in four of his five starts.

This is obviously a result of having the ball in his hands for so much of the game. Lin's Usage Percentage -- a rating of how much the offense goes through him when he's on the floor -- has skyrocketed to 31.8 percent this season, which is second-highest on the team behind Anthony (32.7). This would be fifth-highest percentage in the NBA, behind Kobe Bryant (37.6), Russell Westbrook (33.2), LeBron James (32.8) and Melo.

But usage isn't an excuse for turnovers. Still, it's not uncommon for point guards who have the ball in their hands most of the game to have a high turnover rate. In fact, of the top five leaders in Assist Percentage in the NBA, four of them have a turnover percentage (based on 100 possessions) of 17 or higher.

Lin's 48 percent assist percentage would rank second in the NBA behind Steve Nash (58.3), and Nash has a 24.4 percent turnover percentage. Lin's turnover percentage is 18.8.

Rajon Rondo (46.8 assist percentage and a 22.4 turnover percentage), Jose Calderon (46 assist percentage, 17 turnover percentage) and Deron Williams (45 assist percentage, 17.7 turnover percentage) are other examples. Chris Paul (44.7 assist percentage, 11.9 turnover percentage) is the only exception.
The Knicks Fix: May the Force Be "Lin" You - Alan Hahn - MSG.com
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:09 AM   #792 (permalink)
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!
 
Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,375
Representing:
Default

I know, Panda, Chris Paul is totally dope. That Lin kid is okay, too.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:30 AM   #793 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,470
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck View Post
I know, Panda, Chris Paul is totally dope. That Lin kid is okay, too.
i know...that stat is simply amazing. should remind everyone why he's still the best pg in the game
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:40 AM   #794 (permalink)
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!
 
Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,375
Representing:
Default

Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:21 AM   #795 (permalink)
streets ahead.

Senior Member
 
SomeDPlease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,771
Representing:
Default

We also might have a new lob city in the NBA thanks to Lin.
SomeDPlease is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:23 AM   #796 (permalink)
at MSG failing a pointless 360 degree dunk during a losing streak

Lackey
 
Deez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The Mighty North Tundra
Posts: 3,814
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OP13 View Post
Is it just me or he is really acting like a straight up G from Ghetto? All that crap after made shots, and those handshakes always makes me laugh. Why to act like someone you are clearly not?
That's part of being young and being part of a team, not faking. I guess he could put his head downd shuffle to the bench, but why?
Deez is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:06 AM   #797 (permalink)
Is The:

Chairman of the Boards
 
gdaytday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,618
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OP13 View Post
Is it just me or he is really acting like a straight up G from Ghetto? All that crap after made shots, and those handshakes always makes me laugh. Why to act like someone you are clearly not?
He's just having some fun. Nothing wrong with that. Have you seen him in post game interviews? He's humble and always praises the team no matter the question.
gdaytday is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:17 AM   #798 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,371
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdaytday View Post
He's just having some fun. Nothing wrong with that. Have you seen him in post game interviews? He's humble and always praises the team no matter the question.
I agree.

And again, from when we started this thread... why is everyone so adamant on hating this player/ story. If he were a Raptor most people here would be losing their minds. They would be including him in trade rumours and mock trade scenario's for guys like Howard and Chris Paul. He's be "Linsanity x100" here.

But instead, we have idiots yapping from day one about how bad he is, about how lame the story is, about hows he's really shitty, but that each game he plays, miraculously something happens each time in which the other team manages to do something that allows Lin to do better than he might do otherwise. Or, he turns it over too much.... or his shoes are ugly, or he shakes hands stupidly (like fuck man, honestly?????)

It's beyond ridiculous really. You don't have to love the guy, or even like him, but watering down how well he's doing with BS about his shortcomings, or how he looks or what he says about who he worships in interviews is childish. its a good story, he's playing well, and last I looked he's 7-0 as a starter and his teammates seem to think he's every bit as good as the commentators and media guys covering his play of late.

Seems like a lot of bush league sour grapes to me.

I'd be way more cool with people just saying "Fuck Lin, fuck the Knicks, hope they all get herpes".

I mean at least thats normal.

Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:01 AM   #799 (permalink)
stank

member
 
Someguy again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,401
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
I agree.

And again, from when we started this thread... why is everyone so adamant on hating this player/ story. If he were a Raptor most people here would be losing their minds. They would be including him in trade rumours and mock trade scenario's for guys like Howard and Chris Paul. He's be "Linsanity x100" here.

But instead, we have idiots yapping from day one about how bad he is, about how lame the story is, about hows he's really shitty, but that each game he plays, miraculously something happens each time in which the other team manages to do something that allows Lin to do better than he might do otherwise. Or, he turns it over too much.... or his shoes are ugly, or he shakes hands stupidly (like fuck man, honestly?????)

It's beyond ridiculous really. You don't have to love the guy, or even like him, but watering down how well he's doing with BS about his shortcomings, or how he looks or what he says about who he worships in interviews is childish. its a good story, he's playing well, and last I looked he's 7-0 as a starter and his teammates seem to think he's every bit as good as the commentators and media guys covering his play of late.

Seems like a lot of bush league sour grapes to me.

I'd be way more cool with people just saying "Fuck Lin, fuck the Knicks, hope they all get herpes".

I mean at least thats normal.

cause we're jealous assholes.
Someguy again is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:20 AM   #800 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,371
Representing:
Default

.... I am, I know that!
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24