Suns to Buy Out VC
Old 06-19-2011, 09:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
#NorthernUprising

F**k the Nets!!!
 
js12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: T.O.
Posts: 5,341
Representing:
Default Suns to Buy Out VC

Quote:
A report from the Arizona Republic on Sunday says the Phoenix Suns will not exercise next season's $18 million team option on the contract of guard Vince Carter, and will instead buy him out for $4 million.
Report: Suns expected to buy out Vince Carter | The Score

Which new team will the Raptors boo next season?
js12 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
waiting for the sun to come out so he can let his guns out.

Jamario Moon!
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,340
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by js12 View Post
Report: Suns expected to buy out Vince Carter | The Score

Which new team will the Raptors boo next season?
The Raptors themselves perhaps?

Dark Knight is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 69,639
Representing:
Default

jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
#NorthernUprising

F**k the Nets!!!
 
js12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: T.O.
Posts: 5,341
Representing:
Default

Maybe he'll join LeBron in the WNBA?

js12 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,816
Representing:
Default

This is the end of Vinsanity as we know it. I highly doubt any team would sign him after his play in Orlando and Phoenix. The Raptors should retire his jersey, if anyone deserves to get their jersey retired by the Raptors it is Vince Carter.
Don Vito is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 69,639
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
This is the end of Vinsanity as we know it. I highly doubt any team would sign him after his play in Orlando and Phoenix. The Raptors should retire his jersey, if anyone deserves to get their jersey retired by the Raptors it is Vince Carter.
Somebody will give him a contract. Unless he decides to retire he'll still be playing in the NBA for a couple years.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
is all bout dat life

Can't knock the Hustle
 
Nites's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 13,523
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Somebody will give him a contract. Unless he decides to retire he'll still be playing in the NBA for a couple years.
I'd say he has 2 more seasons left in him as a solid bench player.
Nites is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
#NorthernUprising

F**k the Nets!!!
 
js12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: T.O.
Posts: 5,341
Representing:
Default

His all-stars days are definitely over. I think he can still be a solid starter at the swingman position for a team that needs one.

I see him fitting in Chicago's system. Their defence is good enough to help him.
js12 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 789
Representing:
Default

VC could be a nice option off the bench for a team like OKC, New Orleans, Atlanta, and Chicago.
Northern Neighbour is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 69,639
Representing:
Default

I think he'd look OK off the bench in Miami on a small contract. Not sure how Mike Miller has panned out so far, the only problem is Miller is owed 5yrs/29MIL.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
#NorthernUprising

F**k the Nets!!!
 
js12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: T.O.
Posts: 5,341
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
I think he'd look OK off the bench in Miami on a small contract. Not sure how Mike Miller has panned out so far, the only problem is Miller is owed 5yrs/29MIL.
Wow imagine Bosh and Carter on the same team from the perspective of heckling.
js12 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
DonMughal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 3,911
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by js12 View Post
Wow imagine Bosh and Carter on the same team from the perspective of heckling.
I don't know if they even like each other. I remember Carter didn't want to use the #4 pick on Bosh.


I can see Carter averaging 13-16 ppg for a few more seasons. Better than some other starting SG's in the league.
DonMughal is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 69,639
Representing:
Default

Personally i hope nobody but Minnesota offers him shit! Hell they need a SG, no?
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
is all bout dat life

Can't knock the Hustle
 
Nites's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 13,523
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMughal View Post
I don't know if they even like each other. I remember Carter didn't want to use the #4 pick on Bosh.


I can see Carter averaging 13-16 ppg for a few more seasons. Better than some other starting SG's in the league.
He will not average more than 15ppg any where.
Nites is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
DonMughal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 3,911
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Personally i hope nobody but Minnesota offers him shit! Hell they need a SG, no?
They pretty much have good prospects at each position other than center, they have Wesley Johnson at SG.
DonMughal is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:31 PM   #16 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 69,639
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMughal View Post
They pretty much have good prospects at each position other than center, they have Wesley Johnson at SG.
Isn't he a SF?

Either way, the only other SG is Wayne Ellington who has promise but is still very young.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:36 PM   #17 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
DonMughal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 3,911
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Isn't he a SF?

Either way, the only other SG is Wayne Ellington who has promise but is still very young.
Beasley


Mlicic(lol)
Love/Randolph
Beasley
Johnson
Rubio/Flynn

Not even that bad, could have a good future. They would be stacked with potential if they draft Kanter.
DonMughal is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:38 PM   #18 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 69,639
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMughal View Post
Beasley


Mlicic(lol)
Love/Randolph
Beasley
Johnson
Rubio/Flynn

Not even that bad, could have a good future. They would be stacked with potential if they draft Kanter.
I don't watch Minnesota, but he's listed as a 6'7 SF. That's why i thought he was a SF, and maybe that's why there area rumours of them shopping Beasley. Still VC coming off the b ench would still look pretty good there imo. They have very little scoring off the bench.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:41 PM   #19 (permalink)
waiting for the sun to come out so he can let his guns out.

Jamario Moon!
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,340
Representing:
Default

If you had to choose between adding Vince or Allen Iverson to the Raptors, which would you choose?
Dark Knight is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:48 PM   #20 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 69,639
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
If you had to choose between adding Vince or Allen Iverson to the Raptors, which would you choose?
YUCK!
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24