Steve Nash injury update
Old 11-26-2012, 02:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
it's time to empty the trash

Senior Member
 
Raptors1995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,022
Representing:
Default Steve Nash injury update

Steve Nash Injury Update: LA Lakers Point Guard in Pain
November 25, 2012 07:10 AM EST
A Steve Nash injury update from the LA Lakers reveals the point guard is still in pain. The fracture to his left leg has still not allowed him to even return to jogging, showing that he might be even further from returning than originally anticipated.

This is definitely not good news to the Lakers, who have been without Nash's services since he was injured back on October 31. Missing a point guard that they signed in free agency to run this team has slowed down the development of the Lakers and could be partially to blame for their current record of 6-7.

Nash has tried to get back on the court and do stationary drills, but even that has caused him too much pain to sustain. Now he is just waiting for the injury to heal and hoping that doctors will give him a better prognosis when he gets it checked out again next week.

With backup point guard Steve Blake also injured, the Lakers have had to try out Darius Morris and Chris Duhon at the position. That hasn't been found with a lot of success, leading to Kobe Bryant bringing up the ball for the Lakers a lot of the time. That's certainly something the team wants to continue because it is going to wear him down.

Do you think that the LA Lakers made a mistake with the Nash signing? Could this Steve Nash injury be something that slows down the team for the rest of the season?

Steve Nash Injury Update: LA Lakers Point Guard... | Gather
Raptors1995 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 7,055
Representing:
Default

I think a team of kobe, gasol, and dwiight will be just fine...
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
is not changing this sig until we win a playoff series

everyones a critic
 
th3answ3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,370
Representing:
Default

lol chris duhon
is it the guy that was on magic
th3answ3r is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,433
Representing:
Default

In all honesty it shouldn't be a big deal for a player of Kobe's stature to be the primary ballhandler initiating the offense. He's playing with 2 HOF big men and has Artest and Jamison for support.

May not be a title winner but there's no reason that that shouldn't be a very good team.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
Aamir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 5,224
Representing:
Default

How can be getting Nash be a mistake? Even if all he does is bring the ball up the court, pass to Kobe and be a spot up shooter, he's still the best point guard the Lakers have had since Magic. He can still be real effective, as he's one of the best and most underrated shooters ever.
Aamir is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
pensive

feat. Otto Neurath
 
Ligeia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,093
Representing:
Default

Who knows what will happen, but here's a possible future:

Nash comes back later in the season and there's no chemistry between him and his teammates. They don't win a championship.

Next season comes and Nash is now 39, coming off of a leg fracture and a career of back problems. Now he is not only getting blown by on defense, but he is also not able to facilitate the offense as well as he used to. No doubt he is still a great passer and spot-up shooter. He plays like this until he retires.

If that pans out, and I think that's a very real possibility, then I don't think the Lakers got their money's worth.

Then again, what do the Lakers need more money for?
Ligeia is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
up there

][__ . //-\\ .
 
ClutchCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 3,037
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
In all honesty it shouldn't be a big deal for a player of Kobe's stature to be the primary ballhandler initiating the offense. He's playing with 2 HOF big men and has Artest and Jamison for support.

May not be a title winner but there's no reason that that shouldn't be a very good team.
Kobe's too old to be the teams main scorer, playmaker, AND ball handler. He did that last season and it doesn't turn out too good. It's the reason why they needed someone of Nash's stature to take the playmaking/ball handling responsibilities away from Kobe. So when Nash returns, Kobe can stick to what he does best...score. And having Nash out there instead of Duhon/Morris will be big for spacing and help Dwight, Kobe, and others have more room to operate.
ClutchCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,433
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCity View Post
Kobe's too old to be the teams main scorer, playmaker, AND ball handler. He did that last season and it doesn't turn out too good. It's the reason why they needed someone of Nash's stature to take the playmaking/ball handling responsibilities away from Kobe. So when Nash returns, Kobe can stick to what he does best...score. And having Nash out there instead of Duhon/Morris will be big for spacing and help Dwight, Kobe, and others have more room to operate.
That's exactly what I'm getting at though.... he DOESN'T need to worry about scoring as much as he has in the past. This isn't 2005.

Pound the ball into Pau and D12 and play inside/out.

Lakers still have that huge size advantage. Use it.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
a nacho hound

Senior Member
 
Toby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South of Portland, home of the Blazers
Posts: 6,064
Representing:
Default

Derek Fisher ??
Toby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:26 AM   #10 (permalink)
a nacho hound

Senior Member
 
Toby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South of Portland, home of the Blazers
Posts: 6,064
Representing:
Default

Lakers are like grumpy Russian poker players. You can't trust anything they say. Nash will probably be back in 2 weeks.
Toby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
@ www.raptorman.ca

RF Affiliate

 
Raptorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,334
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Raptorman
Default

Nash out for the season? Now I am really wondering why the basketball gods didnt give him to us. :cookie:
Raptorman is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #12 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 150
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
That's exactly what I'm getting at though.... he DOESN'T need to worry about scoring as much as he has in the past. This isn't 2005.

Pound the ball into Pau and D12 and play inside/out.

Lakers still have that huge size advantage. Use it.
It isn't that easy. Dwight has been getting a lot of post-ups (not so much Pau) and he's been turning over the ball a lot. Add to the fact that he's not yet 100% and post ups have not been that effective for the Lakers.

They've looked their best since Mike Brown left and they've been running Kobe pick and rolls all game. The problem is that when Kobe is off the court, there is nobody to run it.

I bet Kobe can't wait until Nash comes back and he'll get a steady dose of playing on the weak side of that pick and roll. It will be a lot harder for teams to help off Kobe than it is Darius Morris, and when they do, he can go one-on-one.
d00little is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #13 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,371
Representing:
Default

Heh. All this does is keep nash fresh and allow the lakers to peak in may.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:51 AM   #14 (permalink)
stank

member
 
Someguy again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,401
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptorman View Post
Nash out for the season? Now I am really wondering why the basketball gods didnt give him to us. :cookie:
because they're laughing at us with landry fields
Someguy again is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
Heh. All this does is keep nash fresh and allow the lakers to peak in may.
I met him about 3 years ago at my softball tournament. He knew some of the people playing and was there with his kids. Seems like a nice guy.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
up there

][__ . //-\\ .
 
ClutchCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 3,037
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d00little View Post
It isn't that easy. Dwight has been getting a lot of post-ups (not so much Pau) and he's been turning over the ball a lot. Add to the fact that he's not yet 100% and post ups have not been that effective for the Lakers.

They've looked their best since Mike Brown left and they've been running Kobe pick and rolls all game. The problem is that when Kobe is off the court, there is nobody to run it.

I bet Kobe can't wait until Nash comes back and he'll get a steady dose of playing on the weak side of that pick and roll. It will be a lot harder for teams to help off Kobe than it is Darius Morris, and when they do, he can go one-on-one.
Finally. Someone who gets it.
ClutchCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:27 AM   #17 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6
Representing:
Default

True enough that a lot of people will be disappointed not to see Nash take on Paul in a battle of two best point guard in Nba, Nash absence will obviously be a blow to the struggling Lakers and it will never be the same without him playing, but I hope for his fast recovery though.
asiasportwriter is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24