Starbury
Old 05-28-2013, 11:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,018
Representing:
Cool Starbury




Quote:
Stephon Marbury had a mistress and wanted to keep it a secret from his wife. To do so, he offered to pay the side chick $900,000 — and he put it in writing. That was Mistake No. 2.
After paying Thurayyah Mitchell $600,000 to maintain the secret, Marbury stopped distributing the hush money. Mistake No. 3.
Quote:
Mitchell, once a chef, wanted all they had agreed to, and so she sued Marbury for the remaining $331,584.50, making public their 2006 affair. And so, the intent to keep his transgression a secret was compromised because he did not fully pay to keep his transgression a secret. All this according to TMZ, which got ahold of the suit.

So, the question begs that Marbury has not answered: Why in the name of Tiger Woods would the former NBA star put in play a legal, signed document that would reveal his affair? Marbury’s signature on the agreement gave Mitchell the pathway to a lawsuit to collect the remaining agreed-to balance.

Marbury still refused, claiming that filing her claim was a breach of the confidentially deal. Did not work.

On Feb. 1 a judge sided with Mitchell and ordered Marbury to pay the remaining $331,584.50 he owes plus interest. And so, it is all there for public consumption — including Marbury’s wife. Seems he defeated the whole purpose in making the deal in the first place, you know?
Stephon Marbury Ordered To Pay Mistress $300,000
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
up there

][__ . //-\\ .
 
ClutchCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 2,862
Representing:
Default

Is this for real lmao? Wow. Just wow.
ClutchCity is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
is not really from Croatia

Senior Member
 
ZanTheMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,356
Representing:
Default

This just made my day.
ZanTheMan is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
mirin' Gao-sthetics

Distributor of Swag
 
CommunistCrunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Memory Lane
Posts: 811
Representing:
Default

CommunistCrunch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
On T-Ross Flight 31

Senior Member
 
Ataf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. Catharines
Posts: 1,723
Representing:
Send a message via Skype™ to Ataf
Default

LOOOL what a fail
Ataf is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

meh, I like Marbury.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

i kind of feel sorry for the guy.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

I like that he made cheap shoes for kids with less cash.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,489
Representing:
Default

whenever a big named player or actor hits up the local prostitution ring or hires a few escorts, people always say " he's so rich, he's a star, why the hell is he paying escorts"?

this is why.
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!
 
Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,958
Representing:
Default

He should have paid the full amount up front!

Silly Starbury.
Bill Haverchuck is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
whenever a big named player or actor hits up the local prostitution ring or hires a few escorts, people always say " he's so rich, he's a star, why the hell is he paying escorts"?

this is why.
We have a winner.

haha
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:01 AM   #12 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,541
Representing:
Default

What kind of alwyer drafts up this legal document? One wanting to be disbarred?
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:19 AM   #13 (permalink)
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!
 
Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,958
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo Shabbadu View Post
What kind of alwyer drafts up this legal document? One wanting to be disbarred?
Why would he get disbarred?

The only really stupid thing, as far as I can tell from the article, is that Marbury didn't pay the full amount up front, which gave the woman legitimate grounds for going to court and making shit public. A couple of days ago, in the Rob Ford thread, I talked about a Canadian scandal in which a Lawyer tried to talk a client into sleeping with his wife, a Judge. The Lawyer (husband) gave the client a disc full of sexual images of his wife in order to intice him. The wife didn't know about it. The Lawyer husband later realized he fucked up and decided to pay the client a lump sum of 25K to keep quiet about it. He made the client sign a confidentiality agreement. It held up in court. After the client went to the media about what happened, he had to pay back the 25K plus 15K in court costs, for breaching the confidentiality agreement.

I don't know anything about the potential differences in the American context. I want to make that clear. But, assuming Marbury paid all 900K upfront, I think the woman would have had good reason to keep quiet. If she ever spoke about it, Marbury might have been able to sue her for 900K+ for breaching their agreement. No way in hell a Chef wants to get sued for that money. The agreement only backfired because Marbury didn't pay.
Bill Haverchuck is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,780
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck View Post
Why would he get disbarred?

The only really stupid thing, as far as I can tell from the article, is that Marbury didn't pay the full amount up front, which gave the woman legitimate grounds for going to court and making shit public. A couple of days ago, in the Rob Ford thread, I talked about a Canadian scandal in which a Lawyer tried to talk a client into sleeping with his wife, a Judge. The Lawyer (husband) gave the client a disc full of sexual images of his wife in order to intice him. The wife didn't know about it. The Lawyer husband later realized he fucked up and decided to pay the client a lump sum of 25K to keep quiet about it. He made the client sign a confidentiality agreement. It held up in court. After the client went to the media about what happened, he had to pay back the 25K plus 15K in court costs, for breaching the confidentiality agreement.

I don't know anything about the potential differences in the American context. I want to make that clear. But, assuming Marbury paid all 900K upfront, I think the woman would have had good reason to keep quiet. If she ever spoke about it, Marbury might have been able to sue her for 900K+ for breaching their agreement. No way in hell a Chef wants to get sued for that money. The agreement only backfired because Marbury didn't pay.
Joey has a point, that lawyer must not have indicated the 'potential' self incriminating evidence that document is although I did not read anywhere that a lawyer is involved in this particular document creation. The mistake Starbury did was even pay her the 600K - that says right there that he wrote the document.

I don't think Starbury is the brightest bulb though
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!
 
Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,958
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 View Post
Joey has a point,
Maybe if he is suggesting disbarrment based on incompetence. I asked the question (seeking clarification from Joey) because I wasn't sure if he was talking about doing this type of document broadly speaking. People do them.

And, yes, I agree that it seems like Marbury drafted it himself. In addition to the amount paid, the fact that he didn't pay a lump sum and opened himself up to breaching it later was very stupid.
Bill Haverchuck is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24