Source: Bulls Will Pursue Nash, Kidd In Free Agency
Old 06-03-2012, 07:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
is waiting for the season to start

Senior Member
 
Ex2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,233
Representing:
Bulls Source: Bulls Will Pursue Nash, Kidd In Free Agency

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT NASH!

Quote:

Source: Bulls Will Pursue Nash, Kidd In Free Agency

Chicago will make a run at Steve Nash and Jason Kidd in free agency, according to a source.

C.J. Watson filled in admirably in place of an injured Derrick Rose in the postseason, but the Bulls are expected to look to upgrade at point guard during Roseís absence.

Rose is walking with a soft brace after undergoing surgery to repair a torn left ACL and is hoping to return by next seasonís All-Star break.

Via CSNChicago.com
Ex2k is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Keep it simple

Senior Member
 
Dario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,792
Representing:
Send a message via Skype™ to Dario
Default

Next season's allstar break? Wow 0.o
Dario is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
Aamir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 4,488
Representing:
Default

And what exactly are they going to do with Nash and Kidd after the All-Star break? It would be a shame if they came off the bench.
Aamir is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
up there

][__ . //-\\ .
 
ClutchCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 2,894
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMughal View Post
And what exactly are they going to do with Nash and Kidd after the All-Star break? It would be a shame if they came off the bench.
I think Rose can play shooting guard with Nash or point guard with Kidd.
ClutchCity is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
Aamir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 4,488
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCity View Post
I think Rose can play shooting guard with Nash or point guard with Kidd.
Think again.


You don't take the MVP(last healthy full season) out of his natural position he's been playing his entire career. Not to mention taking the ball out of his hands much more, when he's only effective with it. He's also coming back from major injury and playing differently could cause setback.

Last edited by Aamir; 06-03-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Aamir is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
up there

][__ . //-\\ .
 
ClutchCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 2,894
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMughal View Post
Think again.


You don't take the MVP(last healthy full season) out of his natural position he's been playing his entire career. Not to mention taking the ball out of his hands much more, when he's only effective with it. He's also coming back from major injury and playing differently could cause setback.
You're kidding yourself if you think they wouldn't play together on the court. Whether it will work or not, I don't know. But if you have both players, you have them play together, period.
ClutchCity is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
Aamir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 4,488
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCity View Post
You're kidding yourself if you think they wouldn't play together on the court. Whether it will work or not, I don't know. But if you have both players, you have them play together, period.
Will they play together?? I guess so, since apparently they are pursuing them, I never meant to question that. Will it work? Seriously doubt it. It would work better with Kidd because he can just catch and shoot but even he needs the ball, just not as much as Nash. I don't think it would work with Nash, I think he needs the ball almost all the time to dominate a game, whether its passing or shooting. So does Rose.
Aamir is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,972
Representing:
Default

why do some people imagine they'd sign them both? why can't they be pursuing both, in case one doesn't work out?
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
up there

][__ . //-\\ .
 
ClutchCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 2,894
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMughal View Post
Will they play together?? I guess so, since apparently they are pursuing them, I never meant to question that. Will it work? Seriously doubt it. It would work better with Kidd because he can just catch and shoot but even he needs the ball, just not as much as Nash. I don't think it would work with Nash, I think he needs the ball almost all the time to dominate a game, whether its passing or shooting. So does Rose.
I agree with that.
ClutchCity is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
is waiting for the season to start

Senior Member
 
Ex2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,233
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
why do some people imagine they'd sign them both? why can't they be pursuing both, in case one doesn't work out?
I think the article is suggesting it would be 1 of them, not both.

Both of them would make no sense..
Ex2k is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
Aamir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 4,488
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
why do some people imagine they'd sign them both? why can't they be pursuing both, in case one doesn't work out?
I don't think anyone thought they were signing both.
Aamir is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,683
Representing:
Default

@ don and clutch - did you guys just really agree that jkidd would be a better off the ball shooter than steve nash? nash shot 49% last year, and 42% from 3. kidd shots 36% and 35%.

are you making the argument that unless nash shoots off the dribble, he can't hit shots?
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!
 
Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,231
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
why do some people imagine they'd sign them both? why can't they be pursuing both, in case one doesn't work out?
The people here who are referring to playing "both" mean Rose and one of the two being pursued. The problem they are discussing is how do you play Rose with Kidd or Nash, when all those guys, arguably, need the ball in their hands to be effective.
Bill Haverchuck is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
Aamir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 4,488
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
@ don and clutch - did you guys just really agree that jkidd would be a better off the ball shooter than steve nash? nash shot 49% last year, and 42% from 3. kidd shots 36% and 35%.

are you making the argument that unless nash shoots off the dribble, he can't hit shots?
No, I meant I have seen Kidd play off the ball in recent years with Dirk and Dallas that worked fine, and while Nash played with Dirk aswell, I would see it as a waste of Nash's gifts as he can still be a top 5-10 PG, when Kidd maybe not so much anymore. I really wouldn't want Nash on my team as mostly a spot up shooter without being a floor leader. I'd rather take Kidd to play with Rose as Kidd can do a whole bunch of other things Nash can't like rebound, steal, play defence. No question overall Nash is the better shooter. I think Kidd would fit best though.
Aamir is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
Follow @raptorsforum on twitter

Senior Member

 
box92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,656
Representing:
Default

meh, we getting deron anyways
box92 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:47 AM   #16 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

I'd play Rose and Nash together. I think they're smart enough to be able to play off one another effectively.

If I were OKC I'd be trying to see what I could do to get Nash THERE. Him running point with Westbrook moving over to the 2 and KD at the 3?

Goodnight sweet NBA.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:58 AM   #17 (permalink)
Masai Ujiri

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,799
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
I'd play Rose and Nash together. I think they're smart enough to be able to play off one another effectively.

If I were OKC I'd be trying to see what I could do to get Nash THERE. Him running point with Westbrook moving over to the 2 and KD at the 3?

Goodnight sweet NBA.
Too bad they have their own problems with Ibaka and Harden.
Kirby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:22 AM   #18 (permalink)
up there

][__ . //-\\ .
 
ClutchCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 2,894
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMughal View Post
No, I meant I have seen Kidd play off the ball in recent years with Dirk and Dallas that worked fine, and while Nash played with Dirk aswell, I would see it as a waste of Nash's gifts as he can still be a top 5-10 PG, when Kidd maybe not so much anymore. I really wouldn't want Nash on my team as mostly a spot up shooter without being a floor leader. I'd rather take Kidd to play with Rose as Kidd can do a whole bunch of other things Nash can't like rebound, steal, play defence. No question overall Nash is the better shooter. I think Kidd would fit best though.
This was my thinking too. It's like I always tell heat fans, getting Nash on Miami would be nice but it's not optimal in the sense that Wade and LeBron will have the ball in their hands less, which means they will be less dominant or effective. Nash on bulls would be better for Nash imo but it will still take away from his and Rose's game.

I think Nash would be better than Kidd on bulls though because Kidd doesn't have much game left. Not as much as Nash for sure.
ClutchCity is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:59 PM   #19 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
Aamir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 4,488
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Jason Kidd wouldn’t mind spending his remaining years in Chicago.

“I can’t rule out the Bulls,” Kidd said. “They’re a team that competes. They play extremely hard. I could end up there, to try to help win. I wouldn’t rule them out.”

Kidd also is intrigued by the idea of backing up Deron Williams in New Jersey.

"My days of playing 38 minutes are over," said Kidd, adding that he'd be okay with being a backup for the first time in his career. "We (Williams and I) could play off each other and hopefully be successful.

"I'd be fine with starting or not starting, but I want to be able to finish the game. I'm all about winning at this point."

Via Arlington Heights Daily Herald

Read more: Kidd Open To Signing With Bulls Also Considering Return To Nets - RealGM Wiretap
Aamir is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:09 PM   #20 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCity View Post
This was my thinking too. It's like I always tell heat fans, getting Nash on Miami would be nice but it's not optimal in the sense that Wade and LeBron will have the ball in their hands less, which means they will be less dominant or effective. Nash on bulls would be better for Nash imo but it will still take away from his and Rose's game.

I think Nash would be better than Kidd on bulls though because Kidd doesn't have much game left. Not as much as Nash for sure.
If Nash could get Lebron and Wade cutting without the ball, they'd be unstoppable. Nash could also make Bosh look dynamic on offense again by teaching him the pick and roll so he's just not standing around waiting for open jumpshots.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24