Sixers will look to move Iguodala - Page 2
Old 05-10-2011, 09:43 PM   #21 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,917
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
regardless of contract, I'd rather have Iggy than Weems. Weems is terrible.... returning to form? This team can find mediocre SG's anywhere, and Iggy would be our best two way player instantly.

Not saying we should chase him at all costs, but I find it incredible that after all of these cries for defensive help anyone could make an argument that our players are better than a guy just named to the all defensive second team.... see any raps on there?
With the new CBA, possible lockout, GM situation, ownership situation, coaching situation... this isn't the time to trade for Iguodala and his massive contract. If we traded for him it'll be a piss poor move.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:44 PM   #22 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,217
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Well considering the contract differences, I'd rather have Weems than Andre. Pay what, like 800k for Weems? Iguodala is a bad teammate and a chucker. If Weems is re-signed and returns to form then I'd take Weems. Old weems > Andre.
What did "OLD WEEMS" accomplish to garner such a fanboy?
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:49 PM   #23 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,917
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
What did "OLD WEEMS" accomplish to garner such a fanboy?
Well last season off the bench him and Amir basically turned entire games around. They are the kinds of guys you'd want off the bench. Barbosa ain't coming back and Weems is a good solution with Amir off the bench. It worked before and might work again. God knows who we will draft, but I am 100% against paying for Andre's massive contract on a rebuilding team. If we were above .500 this season THEN I would consider it, but we were nowhere near it so it doesn't make any sense.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:53 PM   #24 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,217
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Well last season off the bench him and Amir basically turned entire games around. They are the kinds of guys you'd want off the bench. Barbosa ain't coming back and Weems is a good solution with Amir off the bench. It worked before and might work again. God knows who we will draft, but I am 100% against paying for Andre's massive contract on a rebuilding team. If we were above .500 this season THEN I would consider it, but we were nowhere near it so it doesn't make any sense.
I'm not for Iggy at that price either. Then again, in two years he's a large expiring that can be moved. But i certainly don't want Weems back.....either of them. lol

BTW, why would you think Barbosa won't be back? He sn't gonna leave nearly 8Mil on the table and opt out imo.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:55 PM   #25 (permalink)
is waiting

Senior Member
 
Blaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,221
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
With the new CBA, possible lockout, GM situation, ownership situation, coaching situation... this isn't the time to trade for Iguodala and his massive contract. If we traded for him it'll be a piss poor move.
If were going to be contenders, we need a perimeter stopper, I don't think a lot of people here understand just how bad we were defensively. And as for the arguement with he'll take away from Demar offensively, no. He's never been a scorer just an all-around player, as a second or even third option (behind bayless maybe) he would be very effective. The only reason I see not to get him would be his lack of shooting ability, that could really hurt us, so I'm not sure I want him.
Blaze is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:06 PM   #26 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,917
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
If were going to be contenders, we need a perimeter stopper, I don't think a lot of people here understand just how bad we were defensively. And as for the arguement with he'll take away from Demar offensively, no. He's never been a scorer just an all-around player, as a second or even third option (behind bayless maybe) he would be very effective. The only reason I see not to get him would be his lack of shooting ability, that could really hurt us, so I'm not sure I want him.
With the new CBA there is no way in hell we would bring in a guy for 12 million a year.. its just not happening, there is no reason to even discuss it. Yes Andre is a well rounded player, but it is not the right time to take a gamble.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:10 AM   #27 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,487
Representing:
Default

whats the reason behind him wanting out? he has issues with collins? or is it the team is moving in a different direction and wants to trade him?
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:27 PM   #28 (permalink)
enjoying having the keys to destiny

perusing ancient database
 
ClingRap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The far side of the Universe.
Posts: 1,884
Representing:
Default

We had a shot at him and went with Haffa. That was our shot. A contract like his could be a serious millstone depending on how the new CBA shakes out. If there's a hard cap, do you want 15-30% of your total salary going to one guy, let alone this guy?
ClingRap is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:30 PM   #29 (permalink)
Mean Muggin with his son

Swollen Member
 
b55bgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Rock AKA Newfoundland
Posts: 1,400
Representing:
Default

Love to have Iggy's defensive presence.
b55bgc is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24