Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   NBA Talk (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f6/)
-   -   Sixers: Any Player Available? (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f6/sixers-any-player-available-98.html)

Dr. J. Naismith 12-07-2007 05:19 PM

Sixers: Any Player Available?
 
The new GM in Philly isn't wasting anytime in making a big impression with the Sixers organization. Look for him to make at least one significant move this season, which will most likely be to relocation Andre Miller who is currently being linked as a possible deal involving the Sixers and the Cavaliers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philadelphia Inquirer
The fans' reaction to Ed Stefanski's hiring has been overwhelmingly positive, and rightly so. Stefanski is known as a shrewd evaluator of talent, and he'll need to put that skill to work.

One of Billy King's good traits as a person and downfalls as a general manager was his loyalty to players, whom he often overpaid (i.e. Samuel Dalembert, who will make an average of more than $10.9 million in the next four years, including this season).

Such players as Kyle Korver and Willie Green were favorites of King's.

Stefanski doesn't have the loyalty, which means that any player on the roster is available for a trade.

Link - Click here

Sick, Wicked and Nasty! 12-10-2007 11:08 AM

Another solid veteran point guard available for pickup. Miller would put a team like the Cav's in a much better place.

Ball Don't Lie 12-10-2007 02:13 PM

I think the Cavs are better off with Gibson at PG than Miller because of how they play. Unless Brown decides not to call a Lebron ISO everyplay Miller would be completely useless just standing in the corner watching Lebron.

Sick, Wicked and Nasty! 12-10-2007 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thriller92 (Post 1171)
I think the Cavs are better off with Gibson at PG than Miller because of how they play. Unless Brown decides not to call a Lebron ISO everyplay Miller would be completely useless just standing in the corner watching Lebron.

I disagree. I think Miller could give them everything Eric Snow does...plus offense! :) That team needs someone else with game experience and offensive skills to allow LeBron some freedom to do things that he can't always carrying the ball up the court.

Ball Don't Lie 12-10-2007 03:04 PM

Quote:

I disagree. I think Miller could give them everything Eric Snow does...plus offense! That team needs someone else with game experience and offensive skills to allow LeBron some freedom to do things that he can't always carrying the ball up the court.
All Eric Snow gives when hes in the game nowadays is solid defence and an offence that has to go 4 on 5. And Lebron almost never carries the ball up the court until the late stages of the 4th, Gibson or Pavlovic bring it up and then give it to him, heh.

Like I said, Mike Brown hasnt shown any signs of adding anything new to the offence, unless he changes things up and lets Miller do his thing on pick and roll plays a few times a quarter he'd be completely useless out there because he cant shoot worth a lick outside of the 15 foot area. The Cavs offence revolves around guys who can shoot the perimeter shot to open up Lebron, he wouldnt fit unless Brown opened up his offence to be more than a boring ISO play everytime down, which is why I hope CLE doesnt even make the playoffs because they're awful to watch.

Sick, Wicked and Nasty! 12-10-2007 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thriller92 (Post 1182)
All Eric Snow gives when hes in the game nowadays is solid defence and an offence that has to go 4 on 5. And Lebron almost never carries the ball up the court until the late stages of the 4th, Gibson or Pavlovic bring it up and then give it to him, heh.

Like I said, Mike Brown hasnt shown any signs of adding anything new to the offence, unless he changes things up and lets Miller do his thing on pick and roll plays a few times a quarter he'd be completely useless out there because he cant shoot worth a lick outside of the 15 foot area. The Cavs offence revolves around guys who can shoot the perimeter shot to open up Lebron, he wouldnt fit unless Brown opened up his offence to be more than a boring ISO play everytime down, which is why I hope CLE doesnt even make the playoffs because they're awful to watch.


Good points. I still think he's a serious upgrade over Snow... Miller can create and score with penetration and can run an offense. I think the team does better with Miller running the show when James is hurt or on the bench as a bonus, and it frees up Gibson to play the 2 and utilize his 3 point shooting. Miller is also better in transition and we know Lebron likes to get out and run.

MangoKidHoops 12-10-2007 03:30 PM

Eric Snow is an upgrade over D-Mart.. I'd take Korver.. and if Dalembert's contract wasn't so huge, I'd love to have him here.

INSIDER 12-10-2007 09:08 PM

can we somehow get dalembert?
he's a good canadian boy.
too bad we're full at the C/PF positions, i wouldve loved sam.

ClingRap 12-11-2007 12:00 AM

dalembert is too expensive at 10 mill a year for the next four, and that throws us off our cap flexibility in the 09-10 season. i dont see him being much of a force here honestly. i like his game but at that price we'd have a logjam in the frontcourt.

INSIDER 12-11-2007 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClingRap (Post 1230)
dalembert is too expensive at 10 mill a year for the next four, and that throws us off our cap flexibility in the 09-10 season. i dont see him being much of a force here honestly. i like his game but at that price we'd have a logjam in the frontcourt.

yikes...
didnt realize he was getting paid that much.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24