SI: Miami has a BIG problem - Page 4
Old 03-11-2011, 02:26 PM   #61 (permalink)
"We were making progress, until Garnett [expletive] everything up"

Senior Member
 
forme123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 563
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
Not to mention averaging 18-8 this year despite in my opinion not playing very great.

If Chris Bosh wasn't good, you wouldn't be on here passionately arguing that he is crap.
just curious, are you a Raptors fan or a heat fan? whats ur fav team?

and im arguing passionately b/c i disagree with you guys about Bosh .....and as stated in a previous message.....he is good....not great.....heavily overrated

Last edited by forme123; 03-11-2011 at 02:29 PM.
forme123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:29 PM   #62 (permalink)
jonas smellandchewthis

Senior Member
 
thought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,723
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Speaking of "flopping down the stretch".... quite the performance from Mr. Bryant. Not sure that I've ever seen someone take a 35 ft jumper with 30 secs left on the clock. lol.
haha...by evading the point i'm guessing you agree?

i'll give you that one on kobe (not really sure what he was thinking), as well as the turnover (a pretty incredible steal by wade), but he also hit two big threes down the stretch when the lakers were looking down and out. i will say that pau needs the ball more in the fourth because his advantage on Bosh (and most PFs) in the low blocks is huge, but it is what it is.
thought is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:33 PM   #63 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thought View Post
haha...by evading the point i'm guessing you agree?

i'll give you that one on kobe (not really sure what he was thinking), as well as the turnover (a pretty incredible steal by wade), but he also hit two big threes down the stretch when the lakers were looking down and out. i will say that pau needs the ball more in the fourth because his advantage on Bosh (and most PFs) in the low blocks is huge, but it is what it is.
Lol.... Bosh isn't D12 or Noah.... and he never will be. He'll always be known more for his offense than his D. That being said he's still a part of one of the best team defenses in the league.

He def. "got lost" in the last few minutes of that game... but it's to be expected when you're playing with Lebron and Wade lol... because you ain't gonna see the ball. He did his job DURING the game and was very effective over most of it.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:35 PM   #64 (permalink)
jonas smellandchewthis

Senior Member
 
thought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,723
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
Flop seems like a stretch since they won the game with him on the floor, but I did notice he was mostly absent from the play by play in the final 6 minutes. I'm guessing he was hiding a bit, opting not to cut to the basket or not to give a passing angle to Wade and LBJ down the stretch in the hopes they'll make a play. He has done that quite a bit this year.
Is that your pro-Bosh way of saying he disappeared?

Dude played a solid game, but he wasn't the same in the fourth.
thought is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:40 PM   #65 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme123 View Post
I never said he was BAD, i agree hes good, just highly overrated...didnt deserve to be an allstar this year at all, and especially doesnt deserve to be called a superstar.....and besides his stats were inflated with the raps bc the team lacked the overall talent, he was there go to guy, got all the play calls for him, all the chances in the world to upgrade his stats.....take barg for example, look at his ppg this year... most ppl in this forum would argue its inflated b/c of HOW many shot attempts he gets a game, how many times triano draws out plays for him etc.....hes one of the few options on our team, and clearly isnt as good as his ppg would indicate....the same applied with bosh.....

besides bosh's field goal percentage was good b/c of all the close to the net points he got....i thought his mid range shots were highly inconsistent/overated and still are.....its like saying amir is a good shooter b/c of his fg percantage this year, we all know thats far from the truth...

plus Bosh got alot of his points at the foul line ...thats what ppl forget, he had tons of attempts per game. it wasnt b/c of his GREAT shot...considering alot of foul calls in the nba are questionable, it bothers me those type of players that rely heavily on free throws to boost their ppg stats...those type of points arent necessarily based off talent at times, but the luck of the call, or reputation...

yes Bosh made all-star all years with us. its hard to deny the stats from a fan perspective. i bet many american fans voted him into past games b/c of his stats, knew little about his style of play or how unclutch he was (take that miami fan knickkiller who joined this forum recently as an example)...but the point is stats don't ALWAYS show the true colors of the players talent and abilities, Bosh falls into this catagorey of player imo.
Citing Bargs as an example only makes your argument weaker... yes, his PPG have gone up but he's still shooting sub 45% (whereas Bosh almost always shot over 50%), not getting to the FT line and not grabbing rebounds (which apparently should be incredibly easy to grab since so many "just fell into Bosh's lap").

Bosh was the undisputed focus of the opposing teams' defense and he STILL often shredded them and created open shots for his teammates (just by being on the floor). His FT shooting and FTAs were signs of his greatness... that's what ALL great players do.. attack the basket to put the other team in foul trouble.. get easy easy points at the line. Would you have been happier if he had taken even MORE jumpers? If his game was more like Bargs'?

As for the "clutch" thing.... not many people seem to remember that he won 4 or 5 games for us last year in the final seconds... why that is I'll never know.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:41 PM   #66 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,722
Representing:
Default

Disappeared would be another exaggeration, I'm asking if he was hiding a bit offensively which he has done quite a bit this year down the stretch in games.
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:01 PM   #67 (permalink)
"We were making progress, until Garnett [expletive] everything up"

Senior Member
 
forme123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 563
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Citing Bargs as an example only makes your argument weaker... yes, his PPG have gone up but he's still shooting sub 45% (whereas Bosh almost always shot over 50%), not getting to the FT line and not grabbing rebounds (which apparently should be incredibly easy to grab since so many "just fell into Bosh's lap").

Bosh was the undisputed focus of the opposing teams' defense and he STILL often shredded them and created open shots for his teammates (just by being on the floor). His FT shooting and FTAs were signs of his greatness... that's what ALL great players do.. attack the basket to put the other team in foul trouble.. get easy easy points at the line. Would you have been happier if he had taken even MORE jumpers? If his game was more like Bargs'?

As for the "clutch" thing.... not many people seem to remember that he won 4 or 5 games for us last year in the final seconds... why that is I'll never know.
im not comparing Bosh to Bargs regarding whos better....im comparing their situations as to how boshs stats were inflated just like bargs....and as i stated before, nba calls are often questionable, so to call his FTA i sign of greatness is flawed, not saying all calls against him were wrong, but FTA is based half on luck of the call imo....and its funny bc when the going got tough, you would notice Bosh would stop driving to the bucket as you like to say he did so often and played so aggressively.

in regards to Bosh SHREDDING teams, ya he did shreds the timberwolves of the league, alot of his game winners were against these lowly teams in games that shouldnt have been close in the first place, but against the good teams he was rarely a factor. ocaasionaly he would get 20-10 against those teams, but they were hard to notice, meaning his points/rebounds werent usually effort based, diverted away from the dirty areas, settled for questionable jumpers, didnt move the ball around,(.lol i guess Bosh and Bargs arent as diff as most think after all...) he would disappear during important stretches of the game... just isnt a very tough player

as for his rebounding, he was a contributor on that end to an extent....wasnt as great of a rebounder as u make him seem however...like bargs, alot of his rebs were defensive, didnt so much earn the tough rebounds too often, i guess u can some of the rebs fell into his lap...but as i stated in the prev messages....overrated....
forme123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:23 PM   #68 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme123 View Post
im not comparing Bosh to Bargs regarding whos better....im comparing their situations as to how boshs stats were inflated just like bargs....and as i stated before, nba calls are often questionable, so to call his FTA i sign of greatness is flawed, not saying all calls against him were wrong, but FTA is based half on luck of the call imo....and its funny bc when the going got tough, you would notice Bosh would stop driving to the bucket as you like to say he did so often and played so aggressively.

in regards to Bosh SHREDDING teams, ya he did shreds the timberwolves of the league, alot of his game winners were against these lowly teams in games that shouldnt have been close in the first place, but against the good teams he was rarely a factor. ocaasionaly he would get 20-10 against those teams, but they were hard to notice, meaning his points/rebounds werent usually effort based, diverted away from the dirty areas, settled for questionable jumpers, didnt move the ball around,(.lol i guess Bosh and Bargs arent as diff as most think after all...) he would disappear during important stretches of the game... just isnt a very tough player

as for his rebounding, he was a contributor on that end to an extent....wasnt as great of a rebounder as u make him seem however...like bargs, alot of his rebs were defensive, didnt so much earn the tough rebounds too often, i guess u can some of the rebs fell into his lap...but as i stated in the prev messages....overrated....
I'm starting to question whether you even watched Raptor games over the last 6 years or if the hate for Bosh has just erased all memory of those seasons altogether....

Bosh excelled against EVERY team in the league at one time or another. That includes the Spurs... the Lakers... the Magic (who he often torched)... the Mavs.. etc... the ONLY person who gave Bosh problems was KG (and BOS). That's it. Sorry... but you REALLY need to go back and look at some game logs from last season to get your story straight.

As for the rebounding.... Bosh was one of the better offensive rebounders in the league and I distinctly remember him going up in traffic (on both ends of the floor) to secure rebounds... often over 2 guys too. Once again.... how can so many rebounds "fall in Bosh's lap" yet avoid Bargs like the plague? lol.... makes no sense.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:32 PM   #69 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

yet another pointless argument. If Bosh was so great, why did we suck so bad? Bosh was faux-fur. He was a fake beast. Great third option if he can realize that his D and rebounding is more important than his scoring... won't happen. He's on par mentally with Sunny Weems and Jamario Moon.... lol

carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:35 PM   #70 (permalink)
streets ahead.

Senior Member
 
SomeDPlease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,780
Representing:
Default

Everyone needs to stop overrating and underrating Bosh. He is what he is, an All-Star that will never crack the top echelon of players because he is simply not good enough or tough enough to do so. He has/will never be a leader, but would be a very good second option on a elite team. I'd rather have seen just a Wade/Bosh one-two punch with much better role players than the Heat team currently constructed.
SomeDPlease is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:36 PM   #71 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,016
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
yet another pointless argument. If Bosh was so great, why did we suck so bad? Bosh was faux-fur. He was a fake beast. Great third option if he can realize that his D and rebounding is more important than his scoring... won't happen. He's on par mentally with Sunny Weems and Jamario Moon.... lol

Wow,


Now Bosh is as dumb as Jamario Moon, Weems. Bitterness reigns supreme around here. lol

BTW, you say he should have realized his rebounding and defense should have been as important as his scoring. Yet he was always up there in rpg.


Guess that was the product of playing here right?
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:42 PM   #72 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
yet another pointless argument. If Bosh was so great, why did we suck so bad? Bosh was faux-fur. He was a fake beast. Great third option if he can realize that his D and rebounding is more important than his scoring... won't happen. He's on par mentally with Sunny Weems and Jamario Moon.... lol

Lol... I know you're smarter than this so I'll assume that you're simply baiting.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:19 PM   #73 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Wow,


Now Bosh is as dumb as Jamario Moon, Weems. Bitterness reigns supreme around here. lol

BTW, you say he should have realized his rebounding and defense should have been as important as his scoring. Yet he was always up there in rpg.


Guess that was the product of playing here right?
I'm talking about his role in Miami.... though in toronto it somewhat applies too. There was some sarcasm in play too, as TORap caught onto....

But to suggest I said Moon and Weems were dumb is an insult.... I just said they couldn't accept the fact that their offence was not their best contribution....

Don't make me lump you in with that group [Tie] dummy!

carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:20 PM   #74 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Lol... I know you're smarter than this so I'll assume that you're simply baiting.
Guilty... and I'm not smarter than that! How dare you!
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:04 PM   #75 (permalink)
"We were making progress, until Garnett [expletive] everything up"

Senior Member
 
forme123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 563
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
I'm starting to question whether you even watched Raptor games over the last 6 years or if the hate for Bosh has just erased all memory of those seasons altogether....

Bosh excelled against EVERY team in the league at one time or another. That includes the Spurs... the Lakers... the Magic (who he often torched)... the Mavs.. etc... the ONLY person who gave Bosh problems was KG (and BOS). That's it. Sorry... but you REALLY need to go back and look at some game logs from last season to get your story straight.

As for the rebounding.... Bosh was one of the better offensive rebounders in the league and I distinctly remember him going up in traffic (on both ends of the floor) to secure rebounds... often over 2 guys too. Once again.... how can so many rebounds "fall in Bosh's lap" yet avoid Bargs like the plague? lol.... makes no sense.
well ya i have watched the raps the last six years....and when did i ever mention that Bargs is better than bosh, and that rebounds avoid Bargs like the plague, im not defending Bargs rebounding skills in anyway, in fact the opposite. plus i didnt say Bosh ALWAYS played bad against good teams, just i found generally he disappeared against those teams. like one of the guys mentioned above, hes basically a number 2 option on a good team...it seems you didnt understand the significance of my argument but w/e...and im not about to repeat my points for the billionth time.
forme123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24